PDA

View Full Version : State Trooper Suspended regarding motorcycle accident

Bob Oertle
03-23-2005, 12:51 PM
http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=1008250&tw=wn_wire_story

(Sorry, I had to remove the text as it is copywrited material. See post under CMRA Announcements regarding Copywrited material. - Nancy)

Bob Oertle
03-23-2005, 12:51 PM
http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=1008250&tw=wn_wire_story

(Sorry, I had to remove the text as it is copywrited material. See post under CMRA Announcements regarding Copywrited material. - Nancy)

Tony Wang
03-23-2005, 01:00 PM
WOW... I'm actually speechless.

Tony Wang
03-23-2005, 01:00 PM
WOW... I'm actually speechless.

03-23-2005, 01:17 PM
I heard the recording on the news yesterday, and don't understand how it "did not affect the response time to the accident" if the officer hung up on the caller, forcing him to call back?!?! Someone with this type of additude should not be allowed to work in the emergency service field!

Can you say, $$$!!!

03-23-2005, 01:17 PM
I heard the recording on the news yesterday, and don't understand how it "did not affect the response time to the accident" if the officer hung up on the caller, forcing him to call back?!?! Someone with this type of additude should not be allowed to work in the emergency service field!

Can you say, $$$!!!

Nate Weber
03-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Unfortunatly, this type of attitude doesn't surprise me one bit. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Back before I even owned or rode a streetbike I witnessed a motorcycle accident and was the first on the scene. It was a one bike accident (middle aged man on a cruiser) in a residential neighborhood and the guy didn't have a helmet on and was knocked out cold face down on the concrete. 911 was called by some other witnesses.

When the cops got there they didn't even attempt to see if the guy was ok nor did they care, they immediatly started interigating everyone to try to point the blame.

Last I heard the guys wife called me because she had gotten my number from the report and wanted to know what had happened. She said the cops were being rude to her and wouldn't answer any of her questions regarding any of it. At that point he was in a comma and the doctors where going to cut his head open to relieve pressure.

Needless to say, I have zero faith in the police force.

Nate Weber
03-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Unfortunatly, this type of attitude doesn't surprise me one bit. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Back before I even owned or rode a streetbike I witnessed a motorcycle accident and was the first on the scene. It was a one bike accident (middle aged man on a cruiser) in a residential neighborhood and the guy didn't have a helmet on and was knocked out cold face down on the concrete. 911 was called by some other witnesses.

When the cops got there they didn't even attempt to see if the guy was ok nor did they care, they immediatly started interigating everyone to try to point the blame.

Last I heard the guys wife called me because she had gotten my number from the report and wanted to know what had happened. She said the cops were being rude to her and wouldn't answer any of her questions regarding any of it. At that point he was in a comma and the doctors where going to cut his head open to relieve pressure.

Needless to say, I have zero faith in the police force.

Todd Gyure
03-23-2005, 04:31 PM
U should "attempt" to join a police force, and make the needed improvements that you require to increase your "faith."

Also, the good news is, one need not call for police assistance....handle it/the situation on ones own. Then one can't be disappointed with the service?! Correct?

I never get bored of hearing/reading people passing judgements on situations/professions they know little to nothing about, and have never attempted to perform for themselves.

Less we forget...there are "lesser people" in all walks of life. Thankfully those "lesser people" are the exception not the rule.

My thanks and respect is extended to the police and firefighters of the world who RUN AT what the rest of the population is running AWAY FROM!

Todd Gyure
03-23-2005, 04:31 PM
U should "attempt" to join a police force, and make the needed improvements that you require to increase your "faith."

Also, the good news is, one need not call for police assistance....handle it/the situation on ones own. Then one can't be disappointed with the service?! Correct?

I never get bored of hearing/reading people passing judgements on situations/professions they know little to nothing about, and have never attempted to perform for themselves.

Less we forget...there are "lesser people" in all walks of life. Thankfully those "lesser people" are the exception not the rule.

My thanks and respect is extended to the police and firefighters of the world who RUN AT what the rest of the population is running AWAY FROM!

cedestech
03-23-2005, 05:14 PM
He was probably tired of picking stunters up off the side of the road.....

Not making excuses but I have to err on the side of Todd on this one.

EMT's, Fire Fighters, Police....they are doing a
thankless job for much less money then you might
expect.

cedestech
03-23-2005, 05:14 PM
He was probably tired of picking stunters up off the side of the road.....

Not making excuses but I have to err on the side of Todd on this one.

EMT's, Fire Fighters, Police....they are doing a
thankless job for much less money then you might
expect.

Danny Dominguez
03-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Police officers unfortunately are hired from a pool of human beings not perfect gods.like every other occupation there are a some that dont need to be there.I'll be the first to tell you some should be terminated for their misconduct.One officer doing bad deeds makes for real good headlines and also hurts the reputation of thousands doing their jobs well....I'm sorry you "HAVE NO FAITH" in your polie force.Try living without them...Todd thanks for your input...SSGT.Daniel Dominguez OKLAHOMA CITY POLICE DEPT.

Danny Dominguez
Police officers unfortunately are hired from a pool of human beings not perfect gods.like every other occupation there are a some that dont need to be there.I'll be the first to tell you some should be terminated for their misconduct.One officer doing bad deeds makes for real good headlines and also hurts the reputation of thousands doing their jobs well....I'm sorry you "HAVE NO FAITH" in your polie force.Try living without them...Todd thanks for your input...SSGT.Daniel Dominguez OKLAHOMA CITY POLICE DEPT.

DMS Racing
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Todd E. Gyure:
U should "attempt" to join a police force, and make the needed improvements that you require to increase your "faith." </div></div><<I guess your point is that criticism from outside the world of law enforcement is not acceptable UNLESS you have hands on experience as an emergency representative in telling 911 callers "too bad" and then hanging up on them.>>

[/QB][/QUOTE]Also, the good news is, one need not call for police assistance....handle it/the situation on ones own. Then one can't be disappointed with the service?! Correct?[/QB][/QUOTE]

<<NO, that isn't correct. Try calling for an ambulance, and usually, a state trooper WILL be dispatched. In some cases, they become a distraction to the proper practice of life saving efforts with their 'pursuits of justice and investigations of wrong doing'. That isn't an indictment of the system, but has been my personal experience on the other side of the badge, in ONE incident. As for this service, it is PAID FOR and a professional job should be delivered. 90% of my interactions with law enforcement officers have been cordial, respectful, and professional on their part. The other 10% have been rude, abusive, and unfair on their part. I typically right that off as excusable because they have to put up with a bunch of crap that I don't have to put up with, from people I wouldn't want to deal with. BUT, even a law enforcement officer "has to know his limits">>

[/QB][/QUOTE]I never get bored of hearing/reading people passing judgements on situations/professions they no little to nothing about, and have never attempted to perform. [/QB][/QUOTE]

<<It doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. Like all professions, people screw up. This appears to be one example, based on the media reports. Blatant disregard for the health and safety of an injured party seeking medical assistance through the use of terms like 'too bad' and hanging up on them is a bad faith effort on that officer's part and is reflective NOT of law enforcement in general but instead, his singular lousy attitude towards his job in this instance. >>

DMS Racing
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Todd E. Gyure:
U should "attempt" to join a police force, and make the needed improvements that you require to increase your "faith." </div></div><<I guess your point is that criticism from outside the world of law enforcement is not acceptable UNLESS you have hands on experience as an emergency representative in telling 911 callers "too bad" and then hanging up on them.>>

[/QB][/QUOTE]Also, the good news is, one need not call for police assistance....handle it/the situation on ones own. Then one can't be disappointed with the service?! Correct?[/QB][/QUOTE]

<<NO, that isn't correct. Try calling for an ambulance, and usually, a state trooper WILL be dispatched. In some cases, they become a distraction to the proper practice of life saving efforts with their 'pursuits of justice and investigations of wrong doing'. That isn't an indictment of the system, but has been my personal experience on the other side of the badge, in ONE incident. As for this service, it is PAID FOR and a professional job should be delivered. 90% of my interactions with law enforcement officers have been cordial, respectful, and professional on their part. The other 10% have been rude, abusive, and unfair on their part. I typically right that off as excusable because they have to put up with a bunch of crap that I don't have to put up with, from people I wouldn't want to deal with. BUT, even a law enforcement officer "has to know his limits">>

[/QB][/QUOTE]I never get bored of hearing/reading people passing judgements on situations/professions they no little to nothing about, and have never attempted to perform. [/QB][/QUOTE]

<<It doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. Like all professions, people screw up. This appears to be one example, based on the media reports. Blatant disregard for the health and safety of an injured party seeking medical assistance through the use of terms like 'too bad' and hanging up on them is a bad faith effort on that officer's part and is reflective NOT of law enforcement in general but instead, his singular lousy attitude towards his job in this instance. >>

Todd Gyure
03-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Quote: "guess your point is that criticism from outside the world of law enforcement is not acceptable UNLESS you have hands on experience as an emergency representative in telling 911 callers "too bad" and then hanging up on them.>>"

Nah your guess is in error, it is simply a challenge to join in the stated cause, and make it more "faith" inspiring."

Quote:"<<NO, that isn't correct."

Oh yes it is correct...One always will cease to call on services, etc., they are paying for, and do not approve of the services rendered. Let me tell you, you are doing a horrible job paying for the police, fire, and ambulance services you are calling on. Have any idea what they are being paid to assist you? Do you care?

Quote: "<<It doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. Like all professions, people screw up. This appears to be one example, based on the media reports. Blatant disregard for the health and safety of an injured party seeking medical assistance through the use of terms like 'too bad' and hanging up on them is a bad faith effort on that officer's part and is reflective NOT of law enforcement in general but instead, his singular lousy attitude towards his job in this instance. >>"

Tis true, but most always a better result is obtained when one is educated/informed on what one speaks of.

Todd Gyure
03-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Quote: "guess your point is that criticism from outside the world of law enforcement is not acceptable UNLESS you have hands on experience as an emergency representative in telling 911 callers "too bad" and then hanging up on them.>>"

Nah your guess is in error, it is simply a challenge to join in the stated cause, and make it more "faith" inspiring."

Quote:"<<NO, that isn't correct."

Oh yes it is correct...One always will cease to call on services, etc., they are paying for, and do not approve of the services rendered. Let me tell you, you are doing a horrible job paying for the police, fire, and ambulance services you are calling on. Have any idea what they are being paid to assist you? Do you care?

Quote: "<<It doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. Like all professions, people screw up. This appears to be one example, based on the media reports. Blatant disregard for the health and safety of an injured party seeking medical assistance through the use of terms like 'too bad' and hanging up on them is a bad faith effort on that officer's part and is reflective NOT of law enforcement in general but instead, his singular lousy attitude towards his job in this instance. >>"

Tis true, but most always a better result is obtained when one is educated/informed on what one speaks of.

DMS Racing
03-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Todd said "Oh yes it is correct...One always will cease to call on services, etc., they are paying for, and do not approve of the services rendered. Let me tell you, you are doing a horrible job paying for the police, fire, and ambulance services you are calling on. Have any idea what they are being paid to assist you? Do you care?"

Sounds like you need to be a politician about as much as I need to be a law enforcement officer, to use your example. Get in the political position to change those salaries, or quit complaining, huh?

In this case, I believe I am no more responsible for what you assert is poor compensation for these services than YOU are. I do approve of the services they render in nearly every case, and really appreciate them. I agree that many positions in this industry are underpaid. I do know what they are paid to perform their jobs. I do care. You appear to be asking these questions rhetorically, as if by my comments, you think I am the type of person that doesn't care about anybody because I have chosen to be critical of a single individual in a single act. Consider my assertion regarding this one act. If you were offended by my statements, then I apologize, but it is not an apology for what I said but the way you chose to interpret it.

My daughter and I have taken breakfast and lunch down to the local fire stations on more than one occasion so that she could see what jobs they perform and to extend her debt of gratitude beyond their pay check, by personally saying 'thank you'. Big deal....My actions were selfish....I want my child to understand the dangers and peril that are faced by these individuals and make the connection that their sacrifice SHOULD earn them OUR respect. That ain't much, but I probably won't be leading a political cause any time soon to improve their salaries.

BTW, 'MOST ALWAYS', 911 operators and their support staff don't hang up on emergency calls.

DMS Racing
03-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Todd said "Oh yes it is correct...One always will cease to call on services, etc., they are paying for, and do not approve of the services rendered. Let me tell you, you are doing a horrible job paying for the police, fire, and ambulance services you are calling on. Have any idea what they are being paid to assist you? Do you care?"

Sounds like you need to be a politician about as much as I need to be a law enforcement officer, to use your example. Get in the political position to change those salaries, or quit complaining, huh?

In this case, I believe I am no more responsible for what you assert is poor compensation for these services than YOU are. I do approve of the services they render in nearly every case, and really appreciate them. I agree that many positions in this industry are underpaid. I do know what they are paid to perform their jobs. I do care. You appear to be asking these questions rhetorically, as if by my comments, you think I am the type of person that doesn't care about anybody because I have chosen to be critical of a single individual in a single act. Consider my assertion regarding this one act. If you were offended by my statements, then I apologize, but it is not an apology for what I said but the way you chose to interpret it.

My daughter and I have taken breakfast and lunch down to the local fire stations on more than one occasion so that she could see what jobs they perform and to extend her debt of gratitude beyond their pay check, by personally saying 'thank you'. Big deal....My actions were selfish....I want my child to understand the dangers and peril that are faced by these individuals and make the connection that their sacrifice SHOULD earn them OUR respect. That ain't much, but I probably won't be leading a political cause any time soon to improve their salaries.

BTW, 'MOST ALWAYS', 911 operators and their support staff don't hang up on emergency calls.

Todd Gyure
03-23-2005, 06:39 PM
John said: Sounds like you need to be a politician about as much as I need to be a law enforcement officer, to use your example. Get in the political position to change those salaries, or quit complaining, huh?

Uh no......you are a taxpayer, you vote, correct? You then are already in the "political postion" speak-up demand better, don't just complain. Do it all right from your easy chair!

John says: You appear to be asking these questions rhetorically, as if by my comments, you think I am the type of person that doesn't care about anybody because I have chosen to be critical of a single individual in a single act. Consider my assertion regarding this one act. If you were offended by my statements, then I apologize, but it is not an apology for what I said but the way you chose to interpret it.

Just checking if you are as "active" in making imporvements as you are at being "critical." Far from offended, no apology needed and no worries.

Todd Gyure
03-23-2005, 06:39 PM
John said: Sounds like you need to be a politician about as much as I need to be a law enforcement officer, to use your example. Get in the political position to change those salaries, or quit complaining, huh?

Uh no......you are a taxpayer, you vote, correct? You then are already in the "political postion" speak-up demand better, don't just complain. Do it all right from your easy chair!

John says: You appear to be asking these questions rhetorically, as if by my comments, you think I am the type of person that doesn't care about anybody because I have chosen to be critical of a single individual in a single act. Consider my assertion regarding this one act. If you were offended by my statements, then I apologize, but it is not an apology for what I said but the way you chose to interpret it.

Just checking if you are as "active" in making imporvements as you are at being "critical." Far from offended, no apology needed and no worries.

DMS Racing
03-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Todd,

"Don't just complain."

You are making a lot of uninformed assumptions about me. I think any further discussion of this matter with you on this media is ill advised. If you care to discuss this further, look me up at TWS and we can review my record of political involvement, my support (and criticism)of public servants, my proactive involvement in the community, and my devotion to the right to criticize when power is abused (All within the scope of 'cosmic' balance, just in case Niemi is reading) /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DMS Racing
03-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Todd,

"Don't just complain."

You are making a lot of uninformed assumptions about me. I think any further discussion of this matter with you on this media is ill advised. If you care to discuss this further, look me up at TWS and we can review my record of political involvement, my support (and criticism)of public servants, my proactive involvement in the community, and my devotion to the right to criticize when power is abused (All within the scope of 'cosmic' balance, just in case Niemi is reading) /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

03-23-2005, 08:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Emmett Dibble:
EMT's, Fire Fighters, Police....they are doing a thankless job for much less money then you might expect. </div></div>I do it for about $32K a year, for the last 6 years... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Lucky #13
AM #131

03-23-2005, 08:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Emmett Dibble:
EMT's, Fire Fighters, Police....they are doing a thankless job for much less money then you might expect. </div></div>I do it for about $32K a year, for the last 6 years... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Lucky #13
AM #131

Todd Gyure
03-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Likewise John you have made many erroneous assumptions of me, and my statements. Such as what offends me, and how I interpret what you stated.

Cheers!

Todd Gyure
03-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Likewise John you have made many erroneous assumptions of me, and my statements. Such as what offends me, and how I interpret what you stated.

Cheers!

mark niemi
03-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Cosmic Balance can only occur when the Angels of Logic descend and extract the emotion of the inhabitants of Planet CMRA. Remember?
Besides, I was waiting on Renate McBain.
Good to see you all at the track this past weekend.
It seems that's where the real Cosmic Balance may be.

mark niemi
03-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Cosmic Balance can only occur when the Angels of Logic descend and extract the emotion of the inhabitants of Planet CMRA. Remember?
Besides, I was waiting on Renate McBain.
Good to see you all at the track this past weekend.
It seems that's where the real Cosmic Balance may be.

DMS Racing
03-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Niemi,

I knew I could drag you out of the Zen motel, knee deep in a quagmire of consciousness, to obloviate your kneesayers and opine upon the pitiless. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DMS Racing
03-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Niemi,

I knew I could drag you out of the Zen motel, knee deep in a quagmire of consciousness, to obloviate your kneesayers and opine upon the pitiless. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

darick
03-24-2005, 08:37 AM
In my 36 years on this planet, I've never met a "State Trooper" I cared to have more than a few words with. They, for the most part, are high minded and self absorbed. Glorified tax collectors.

On the other hand, the local Police (town cops) are usually a very different breed. I'm glad they are there to protect me and my family. The Firefighters deserve our utmost respect also. They both put there lives on the line each day in a crazy world. Hats off to all of 'em.

darick
03-24-2005, 08:37 AM
In my 36 years on this planet, I've never met a "State Trooper" I cared to have more than a few words with. They, for the most part, are high minded and self absorbed. Glorified tax collectors.

On the other hand, the local Police (town cops) are usually a very different breed. I'm glad they are there to protect me and my family. The Firefighters deserve our utmost respect also. They both put there lives on the line each day in a crazy world. Hats off to all of 'em.

mark niemi
03-24-2005, 08:49 AM
My town cops are protecting me and my family too.
Our shop is right across the street from the police station. Yesterday an officer stopped by and told me to turn down the Eminem music. He then started telling me about the evils of Rap.
I was really thankful.
I was certainly on the path to self-destruction, and if allowed to continue, I'm sure that something bad would have happened.

mark niemi
03-24-2005, 08:49 AM
Our shop is right across the street from the police station. Yesterday an officer stopped by and told me to turn down the Eminem music. He then started telling me about the evils of Rap.
I was really thankful.
I was certainly on the path to self-destruction, and if allowed to continue, I'm sure that something bad would have happened.

darick
03-24-2005, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by mark niemi:
I was really thankful.
I was certainly on the path to self-destruction, and if allowed to continue, I'm sure that something bad would have happened. </div></div>serves you right /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ha ha ha

damn evil rap music :p

darick
03-24-2005, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by mark niemi:
I was really thankful.
I was certainly on the path to self-destruction, and if allowed to continue, I'm sure that something bad would have happened. </div></div>serves you right /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ha ha ha

damn evil rap music :p

DMS Racing
03-24-2005, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Timothy Miller:

Lucky #13
AM #131 </div></div>Tim,

A couple of questions. Do you feel adequately compensated for your level of training and the job you perform. If not, what can you, or for that matter, any citizen do to improve the salaries of those that provide the public services that are the subject of this discourse.

It is not often that an opportunity in a voting booth arises for my rural voting rights to effect an increase in the salaries of public servants. What unions, labor or otherwise, are involved in the various police, fire, and EMT professions, and are they effective in supporting their respective professions' salaries in your opinion.

Last: What provided the impetus to pursue your career, and did you enter that profession with the knowledge of the structure and quantity of remuneration and benefits?

I am asking these questions to more fully understand the fundamental issues that will illustrate why portions and/or sectors of our hard working society feel underappreciated and/or poorly compensated, especially if I accept the tenets of capitalism, supply and demand, and the fundamental freedom to choose, all of which can and do come up short when put to the test of our society. Underlying this issue is my 'perhaps' erroneous perception that what many do in this line of business is 'deemed' undercompensated primarily due to the risk to their life and limb in conditions that are created by others or nature. This is vastly different from the risking of life and limb in pursuit of one's own dreams and aspirations, perhaps as a hobby or in some cases, a dangerous career where the participant has much more control of the danger or is even attracted to the danger, be it climbing mountains, or, even racing motorcycles. I find a certain dissonance in this 'irony', if you will, so maybe someone can straighten me out on this point.

I'm not big on "life ain't fair", but somewhere in this societal melee of unhappiness in the land of milk and honey is the root of the red states vs the blue, and in that, the seeds of discontent, revolution, and chaos that have been sown for centuries in human history and plagued almost every civilized society at some point.

DMS Racing
03-24-2005, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Timothy Miller:

Lucky #13
AM #131 </div></div>Tim,

A couple of questions. Do you feel adequately compensated for your level of training and the job you perform. If not, what can you, or for that matter, any citizen do to improve the salaries of those that provide the public services that are the subject of this discourse.

It is not often that an opportunity in a voting booth arises for my rural voting rights to effect an increase in the salaries of public servants. What unions, labor or otherwise, are involved in the various police, fire, and EMT professions, and are they effective in supporting their respective professions' salaries in your opinion.

Last: What provided the impetus to pursue your career, and did you enter that profession with the knowledge of the structure and quantity of remuneration and benefits?

I am asking these questions to more fully understand the fundamental issues that will illustrate why portions and/or sectors of our hard working society feel underappreciated and/or poorly compensated, especially if I accept the tenets of capitalism, supply and demand, and the fundamental freedom to choose, all of which can and do come up short when put to the test of our society. Underlying this issue is my 'perhaps' erroneous perception that what many do in this line of business is 'deemed' undercompensated primarily due to the risk to their life and limb in conditions that are created by others or nature. This is vastly different from the risking of life and limb in pursuit of one's own dreams and aspirations, perhaps as a hobby or in some cases, a dangerous career where the participant has much more control of the danger or is even attracted to the danger, be it climbing mountains, or, even racing motorcycles. I find a certain dissonance in this 'irony', if you will, so maybe someone can straighten me out on this point.

I'm not big on "life ain't fair", but somewhere in this societal melee of unhappiness in the land of milk and honey is the root of the red states vs the blue, and in that, the seeds of discontent, revolution, and chaos that have been sown for centuries in human history and plagued almost every civilized society at some point.