PDA

View Full Version : Tires in dumpster Oak Hill

Norm McDonald
03-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Darryl just sent an email. At out last race at Oak Hill there were 75 M/C racing tires put in the dumpster thats a no-no the CMRA got charged a big penelty for this.Please take your tires with you or stack them on the tire wall.

Norm McDonald
03-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Darryl just sent an email. At out last race at Oak Hill there were 75 M/C racing tires put in the dumpster thats a no-no the CMRA got charged a big penelty for this.Please take your tires with you or stack them on the tire wall.

Travis Pierce
03-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Why would CMRA get penalized for something like that? Trash in the dumpster is better than trash all over the place.

Is it such a big deal for Darryl to pull them out and throw them on the tire wall, or for that matter, wouldn't it be beneficial for a designated area for used tires to be thrown for CMRA to use for the tire wall at Oak Hill? That way there wouldnt' be another BIG PENALTY for putting tires(by riders)in the wrong part of the walls at Oak Hill

Travis Pierce
03-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Why would CMRA get penalized for something like that? Trash in the dumpster is better than trash all over the place.

Is it such a big deal for Darryl to pull them out and throw them on the tire wall, or for that matter, wouldn't it be beneficial for a designated area for used tires to be thrown for CMRA to use for the tire wall at Oak Hill? That way there wouldnt' be another BIG PENALTY for putting tires(by riders)in the wrong part of the walls at Oak Hill

Ronnie Hay
03-26-2005, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE]Why would CMRA get penalized for something like that?[QUOTE]

Simple reason: 'Cuz those are the rules.

[QUOTE}Is it such a big deal for Darryl /QUOTE]

His track, his rules.

And you can just give your old tires to one of the tire vendors or track down the Stuntlife trailer, they are always eager to accept tires.

From what I have seen, Darryl/Oak Hill and Jack/Motorsports Ranch are far more accomodating than Texas World as far as "rules and regulations".

Let's be thankful for what we have and just acquiesce to the few rules that we have.
--
Ronnie

Ronnie Hay
03-26-2005, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE]Why would CMRA get penalized for something like that?[QUOTE]

Simple reason: 'Cuz those are the rules.

[QUOTE}Is it such a big deal for Darryl /QUOTE]

His track, his rules.

And you can just give your old tires to one of the tire vendors or track down the Stuntlife trailer, they are always eager to accept tires.

From what I have seen, Darryl/Oak Hill and Jack/Motorsports Ranch are far more accomodating than Texas World as far as "rules and regulations".

Let's be thankful for what we have and just acquiesce to the few rules that we have.
--
Ronnie

mnellis
03-26-2005, 12:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Travis Pierce:
Why would CMRA get penalized for something like that? Trash in the dumpster is better than trash all over the place. </div></div>Because the trash haulers charge the track for proper disposal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it such a big deal for Darryl to pull them out and throw them on the tire wall,</div></div>Tell me you're kidding right??? Why the hell should Darryl have to go through and throw away our trash?? The last time I look he wasn't my mother or my father.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or for that matter, wouldn't it be beneficial for a designated area for used tires to be thrown for CMRA to use for the tire wall at Oak Hill? That way there wouldnt' be another BIG PENALTY for putting tires(by riders)in the wrong part of the walls at Oak Hill </div></div>There is no penalty for tossing your old tires on any part of the Oak Hill tire walls.

Travis, you seem irritated that we've been asked not to throw our trash where it doesn't belong. Why is it such a big deal to haul out your own trash and take care of it yourself? The CMRA has a vested interest in Oak Hill, the better job we do of keeping it straightened out the better of we'll be. We don't need more work for either Darryl or the CMRA Staff to come up with alternatives on how to make it easier for us to get rid of our trash.

By having to take time to post a message re: not throwing our tires in the dumpster, Norm has already spent more time than necessary on the subject.

mnellis
03-26-2005, 12:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Travis Pierce:
Why would CMRA get penalized for something like that? Trash in the dumpster is better than trash all over the place. </div></div>Because the trash haulers charge the track for proper disposal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it such a big deal for Darryl to pull them out and throw them on the tire wall,</div></div>Tell me you're kidding right??? Why the hell should Darryl have to go through and throw away our trash?? The last time I look he wasn't my mother or my father.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or for that matter, wouldn't it be beneficial for a designated area for used tires to be thrown for CMRA to use for the tire wall at Oak Hill? That way there wouldnt' be another BIG PENALTY for putting tires(by riders)in the wrong part of the walls at Oak Hill </div></div>There is no penalty for tossing your old tires on any part of the Oak Hill tire walls.

Travis, you seem irritated that we've been asked not to throw our trash where it doesn't belong. Why is it such a big deal to haul out your own trash and take care of it yourself? The CMRA has a vested interest in Oak Hill, the better job we do of keeping it straightened out the better of we'll be. We don't need more work for either Darryl or the CMRA Staff to come up with alternatives on how to make it easier for us to get rid of our trash.

By having to take time to post a message re: not throwing our tires in the dumpster, Norm has already spent more time than necessary on the subject.

Merry Burleson
03-26-2005, 01:20 PM
75 TIRES!!!! Thats alot of tires to be throwing out...I would think that would FILL a dumpster! maybe a soul could accidentally get away with one, maybe 2 but 75? Geez...I wouldnt expect anyone, including Norm, to go back and pick up my tires and lug them to the tire wall, let alone 75 of them. Thats alot of trips to the wall. did I emphasize "75 tires?"

Merry Burleson
03-26-2005, 01:20 PM
75 TIRES!!!! Thats alot of tires to be throwing out...I would think that would FILL a dumpster! maybe a soul could accidentally get away with one, maybe 2 but 75? Geez...I wouldnt expect anyone, including Norm, to go back and pick up my tires and lug them to the tire wall, let alone 75 of them. Thats alot of trips to the wall. did I emphasize "75 tires?"

Norm McDonald
03-26-2005, 01:33 PM
It's not Darryls rule the CMRA pays to have the trash hauled away it's a State & Federal against putting tires of any kind it the trash. Ask any motorcycle shop we have to pay to have tires picked up and hauled away.

Norm McDonald
03-26-2005, 01:33 PM
It's not Darryls rule the CMRA pays to have the trash hauled away it's a State & Federal against putting tires of any kind it the trash. Ask any motorcycle shop we have to pay to have tires picked up and hauled away.

Norm McDonald
03-26-2005, 01:35 PM
That was suppose to say State & Federal Law.

Norm McDonald
03-26-2005, 01:35 PM
That was suppose to say State & Federal Law.

toddcmra698
03-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Why wouldnt people have enough since to throw them on the tire wall????not like you can't see the tires to see where the tire wall is...GEEEEZE some people kids.........

toddcmra698
03-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Why wouldnt people have enough since to throw them on the tire wall????not like you can't see the tires to see where the tire wall is...GEEEEZE some people kids.........

Cathy Page
03-26-2005, 05:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Todd Clark:
Why wouldnt people have enough since to throw them on the tire wall????not like you can't see the tires to see where the tire wall is...GEEEEZE some people kids......... </div></div>Sometimes those with "since" don't have enough "sense" to see the big picture.

Just bustin' on ya now Todd "since" I don't have to race ya for a while.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Cathy Page
03-26-2005, 05:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Todd Clark:
Why wouldnt people have enough since to throw them on the tire wall????not like you can't see the tires to see where the tire wall is...GEEEEZE some people kids......... </div></div>Sometimes those with "since" don't have enough "sense" to see the big picture.

Just bustin' on ya now Todd "since" I don't have to race ya for a while.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Travis Pierce
03-26-2005, 07:04 PM

By having to take time to post a message re: not throwing our tires in the dumpster, Norm has already spent more time than necessary on the subject. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I'm not irritated, just making a statement, I didn't mean for anybody to take it the wrong way. I wasn't there, and almost always take my tires with me, and if I don't, I usually sell them. I can honestly say I don't and have never throw my tires in a dumpster before. It seems people get agitated over about everything these days. So, sorry if I was taken the wrong way. Most who know me, know I am easy going, just a little too forward sometimes, so I apoligize if my context was misconstrued.

Travis Pierce
03-26-2005, 07:04 PM

By having to take time to post a message re: not throwing our tires in the dumpster, Norm has already spent more time than necessary on the subject. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I'm not irritated, just making a statement, I didn't mean for anybody to take it the wrong way. I wasn't there, and almost always take my tires with me, and if I don't, I usually sell them. I can honestly say I don't and have never throw my tires in a dumpster before. It seems people get agitated over about everything these days. So, sorry if I was taken the wrong way. Most who know me, know I am easy going, just a little too forward sometimes, so I apoligize if my context was misconstrued.

Travis Pierce
03-26-2005, 07:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Norm McDonald:
It's not Darryls rule the CMRA pays to have the trash hauled away it's a State & Federal against putting tires of any kind it the trash. Ask any motorcycle shop we have to pay to have tires picked up and hauled away. </div></div>I know Norm, my point was that they could be used for the tire wall is all. You have to pay a rubber fee, a haul off fee, a chemistry fee, pound fee, etc. etc. etc. Anyway you get my meaning. The state charges for everything now, so it kinda sucks that you can't throw something away, and you get hit buying them and also getting rid of them now.

Travis Pierce
03-26-2005, 07:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Norm McDonald:
It's not Darryls rule the CMRA pays to have the trash hauled away it's a State & Federal against putting tires of any kind it the trash. Ask any motorcycle shop we have to pay to have tires picked up and hauled away. </div></div>I know Norm, my point was that they could be used for the tire wall is all. You have to pay a rubber fee, a haul off fee, a chemistry fee, pound fee, etc. etc. etc. Anyway you get my meaning. The state charges for everything now, so it kinda sucks that you can't throw something away, and you get hit buying them and also getting rid of them now.

toddcmra698
03-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Adrenalix might be interested in hauling off the newer tires after each race weekend...Let me know if that sounds like a good idea....Make a specail place to throw them and ill pick them up..Todd

toddcmra698
03-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Adrenalix might be interested in hauling off the newer tires after each race weekend...Let me know if that sounds like a good idea....Make a specail place to throw them and ill pick them up..Todd