PDA

View Full Version : TWS Hotel

macdsc
03-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Anyone fill me in on the hotels that are close to TWS? Been a while since I've been there.

macdsc
03-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Anyone fill me in on the hotels that are close to TWS? Been a while since I've been there.

Renate McBain
03-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Select Tracks link on top of page and click on TWS more info. This shows a list of local accomodations.

Renate McBain
03-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Select Tracks link on top of page and click on TWS more info. This shows a list of local accomodations.

macdsc
03-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks Renate, but which one of those is close to the track.

macdsc
03-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks Renate, but which one of those is close to the track.

Brandon Spradling
03-26-2005, 07:04 PM
scott most of them are going to be up the road about 10 miles in college station, some possible in bryan.

Brandon Spradling
03-26-2005, 07:04 PM
scott most of them are going to be up the road about 10 miles in college station, some possible in bryan.

03-26-2005, 09:15 PM
yeah... nothing's close to the track... but at least the accomodations are 10 times better than anything in Hallett, Henderson, or Cresson!

03-26-2005, 09:15 PM
yeah... nothing's close to the track... but at least the accomodations are 10 times better than anything in Hallett, Henderson, or Cresson!

coyne
03-27-2005, 07:38 AM
There are two hotels close to the track:

- The Marriott Courtyard
- The Howard Johnson

Both are at Highway 6 and Rock Prarie Road, the Hojo being a lot older, a moderate amount cheaper, etc. It is a "drive up" style motel, in a fairly industrial area near the FedEx depot.

All the other hotels are in College Station, most clustered on Highway 6 nearer the "interior" of the campus and central to the town.

coyne
03-27-2005, 07:38 AM
There are two hotels close to the track:

- The Marriott Courtyard
- The Howard Johnson

Both are at Highway 6 and Rock Prarie Road, the Hojo being a lot older, a moderate amount cheaper, etc. It is a "drive up" style motel, in a fairly industrial area near the FedEx depot.

All the other hotels are in College Station, most clustered on Highway 6 nearer the "interior" of the campus and central to the town.

DMS Racing
03-27-2005, 09:01 PM
And then there is my shop, just 20 minutes from the track....if you can handle the heat or cold (seasonal), the frogs (also seasonal and extra noisy starting about now), and the smell of VP in the morning! Oh, and did I mention the snakes. I don't SEE them in the shop THAT often....and they aren't usually poisonous. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif When I don't see them, I find their shedded skin, so I know they have been there. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

However, one well broken in single FUTON with a 15 yr old mattress makes it a home away from home. It doesn't get much cheaper. And it has a shower!!!

It is available except when my wife throws me out of the house, or I don't dare return to the house, or I just want to sleep with the bikes. Meaning I don't allow reservations, you gotta just call the night you need a place to crash to check for availability. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DMS Racing
03-27-2005, 09:01 PM
And then there is my shop, just 20 minutes from the track....if you can handle the heat or cold (seasonal), the frogs (also seasonal and extra noisy starting about now), and the smell of VP in the morning! Oh, and did I mention the snakes. I don't SEE them in the shop THAT often....and they aren't usually poisonous. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif When I don't see them, I find their shedded skin, so I know they have been there. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

However, one well broken in single FUTON with a 15 yr old mattress makes it a home away from home. It doesn't get much cheaper. And it has a shower!!!

It is available except when my wife throws me out of the house, or I don't dare return to the house, or I just want to sleep with the bikes. Meaning I don't allow reservations, you gotta just call the night you need a place to crash to check for availability. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

macdsc
03-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks John, I'll probably take a hotel. Although the smell of VP is better than coffee! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Snakes are cold-blooded and wouldn't keep me very warm.

macdsc
03-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks John, I'll probably take a hotel. Although the smell of VP is better than coffee! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Snakes are cold-blooded and wouldn't keep me very warm.

DMS Racing
03-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't know....if you've ever been chased by a water mocassin, it's a fair amount of work. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DMS Racing
03-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't know....if you've ever been chased by a water mocassin, it's a fair amount of work. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif