PDA

View Full Version : Attention all Endurance teams

Norm McDonald
04-16-2005, 09:59 AM
It is your responsibility to make sure your transponder is securely attached. If you lose it or it quits working you must come in and replace it in order to be scored.We have had several teams lose their transponders and continued making laps, the scorers had to go through the manuel scorers sheets to get them placed. We can't continue to do this. Make sure your bracket is strapped on well and use duct tape to hold your transponder secure, so when changing riders it doesn't get kicked off or if you crash you don't lose it. Help us to help you. We want every team to get the place they earn. Thanks

Norm McDonald
04-16-2005, 09:59 AM
It is your responsibility to make sure your transponder is securely attached. If you lose it or it quits working you must come in and replace it in order to be scored.We have had several teams lose their transponders and continued making laps, the scorers had to go through the manuel scorers sheets to get them placed. We can't continue to do this. Make sure your bracket is strapped on well and use duct tape to hold your transponder secure, so when changing riders it doesn't get kicked off or if you crash you don't lose it. Help us to help you. We want every team to get the place they earn. Thanks

John Orchard
04-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Norm, is there any chance that the CMRA would consider allowing teams/riders to strap the transponder bracket to the front forks similar to what WERA does?

It didn't seem like a very good idea initially to me, but I had to do this for the Talladega race 2 weekends ago and ended up realizing that it appears to be a lot more secure and less likely to get kicked or flung from the bike in a crash compared to the tail section.

AT MSR I had just installed a new bracket with three brand new zip ties, however, during my toss, my tail section was the first thing to hit the dirt and the impact buried the transponder. I was extremely lucky to have found it at all. (Thanks again Craig & Z for finding it and the many many others that spent time looking)

The zip ties may have failed on the forks as well, but the transponder would have been much more protected if attached to the forks.

Thanks for the consideration.

John Orchard
04-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Norm, is there any chance that the CMRA would consider allowing teams/riders to strap the transponder bracket to the front forks similar to what WERA does?

It didn't seem like a very good idea initially to me, but I had to do this for the Talladega race 2 weekends ago and ended up realizing that it appears to be a lot more secure and less likely to get kicked or flung from the bike in a crash compared to the tail section.

AT MSR I had just installed a new bracket with three brand new zip ties, however, during my toss, my tail section was the first thing to hit the dirt and the impact buried the transponder. I was extremely lucky to have found it at all. (Thanks again Craig & Z for finding it and the many many others that spent time looking)

The zip ties may have failed on the forks as well, but the transponder would have been much more protected if attached to the forks.

Thanks for the consideration.

Norm McDonald
04-18-2005, 09:27 AM
John I'll bring it up at the BOD meeting. It's in the rule book this year to be on the rear fender.You have a good point. Thanks Norm

Norm McDonald
04-18-2005, 09:27 AM
John I'll bring it up at the BOD meeting. It's in the rule book this year to be on the rear fender.You have a good point. Thanks Norm

Ronnie Hay
04-18-2005, 10:05 AM
I can see why the BOD initially chose the rear fender, it's the easiest place to do a visual inspection.

Could the transponder location and security be initiated as part of the tech procedure? Not that the tech guys don't already have enough to do, but this way you could easily accomodate the various mounting locations.
--
Ronnie

Ronnie Hay
04-18-2005, 10:05 AM
I can see why the BOD initially chose the rear fender, it's the easiest place to do a visual inspection.

Could the transponder location and security be initiated as part of the tech procedure? Not that the tech guys don't already have enough to do, but this way you could easily accomodate the various mounting locations.
--
Ronnie