PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever rigged up GP shift on their XR100?

Todd Gyure
12-01-2002, 12:33 PM
With all you flat track crazy's out there someone must know how to get GP shift to work on an XR100. (So far I cannot get it to work.) /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Thanks,
Todd

Todd Gyure
12-01-2002, 12:33 PM
With all you flat track crazy's out there someone must know how to get GP shift to work on an XR100. (So far I cannot get it to work.) /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Thanks,
Todd

David Hirsch
12-01-2002, 04:30 PM
Todd, it has been years sence the last time I was in one of those engines. I do not think you can do it. The easiest way might be to weld a second pivit on the frame. Check with Gifford to be sure.

David Hirsch
12-01-2002, 04:30 PM
Todd, it has been years sence the last time I was in one of those engines. I do not think you can do it. The easiest way might be to weld a second pivit on the frame. Check with Gifford to be sure.

mark niemi
12-01-2002, 04:40 PM
I'll do it. 903-463-3120(work)

mark niemi
12-01-2002, 04:40 PM
I'll do it. 903-463-3120(work)

Jack Giesecke
12-02-2002, 07:02 AM
On the KX80, I just kept the standard shift pattern and moved the shifter up which helps me get the corner of my boot under it. Still hard on toe sliders, though. The XR is lower and I've been wondering about that, but on the kart tracks there's not a lot of shifting anyway so maybe I can avoid problems with upshifting by proper final drive gearing. Not so sure about Oak Hill, though. I've gotta do some testing there when the bike is ready.

Jack Giesecke
12-02-2002, 07:02 AM
On the KX80, I just kept the standard shift pattern and moved the shifter up which helps me get the corner of my boot under it. Still hard on toe sliders, though. The XR is lower and I've been wondering about that, but on the kart tracks there's not a lot of shifting anyway so maybe I can avoid problems with upshifting by proper final drive gearing. Not so sure about Oak Hill, though. I've gotta do some testing there when the bike is ready.

Stuart Fulton
12-02-2002, 09:20 AM
If you put the XR motor in a YSR chasis you have to flip around the shifter which automatically reverses the shift pattern.

Stuart Fulton
12-02-2002, 09:20 AM
If you put the XR motor in a YSR chasis you have to flip around the shifter which automatically reverses the shift pattern.

Jack Giesecke
12-02-2002, 09:28 AM
Yeah, Stuart, but I don't think it'd handle the dirt portions of the motard races I'm hoping will come about next season. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Too, there's the Gold Rush and the local dirt track stuff. I'm looking at a multi purpose racer here. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Jack Giesecke
12-02-2002, 09:28 AM
Yeah, Stuart, but I don't think it'd handle the dirt portions of the motard races I'm hoping will come about next season. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Too, there's the Gold Rush and the local dirt track stuff. I'm looking at a multi purpose racer here. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif