PDA

View Full Version : Awards Banquet Sponsor Info Needed

Nancy Selleck
12-02-2002, 01:25 PM
We would like to get a listing of sponsors from everyone who is supposed to get a trophy/award at the Awards Banquet this Saturday, December 7th.

Rather than have each rider thank their sponsors individually when they come to the podium, we will have each rider's sponsors announced for them as the rider is making his/her way up to accept their trophy. Of course, each rider is still welcome to make a speech and thank anyone they choose when they accept their award, but this will help out with those who can't remember all of their sponsors or who don't really feel comfortable making a speech.

So, please take a few minutes to prepare your list and then send them to me in an email. If I don't receive your list via email, you can complete a sponsor list index card at the banquet.

Thanks for your help! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Nancy Selleck
12-02-2002, 01:25 PM
We would like to get a listing of sponsors from everyone who is supposed to get a trophy/award at the Awards Banquet this Saturday, December 7th.

Rather than have each rider thank their sponsors individually when they come to the podium, we will have each rider's sponsors announced for them as the rider is making his/her way up to accept their trophy. Of course, each rider is still welcome to make a speech and thank anyone they choose when they accept their award, but this will help out with those who can't remember all of their sponsors or who don't really feel comfortable making a speech.

So, please take a few minutes to prepare your list and then send them to me in an email. If I don't receive your list via email, you can complete a sponsor list index card at the banquet.

Thanks for your help! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Brooks Gremmels
12-02-2002, 02:52 PM
For those of you who have complained about the awards cermony dragging out longer than the Oscars (and for every wife in attendance!), this procedure should help. I was at the AMA awards banquet a week ago and couldn't believe how quickly and smoothly the proceedings went. For one thing, the recipients only thanked their sponsors who were in attendance. Duh. That only makes sense. Those who are not will never know we took up the evening thanking them for our chains and clip-ons.
With the Hall of Fame presentations (don't forget that we will have a special presenter as well), the evening could be a long one. Please help us keep it moving. Thanks.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
12-02-2002, 02:52 PM
For those of you who have complained about the awards cermony dragging out longer than the Oscars (and for every wife in attendance!), this procedure should help. I was at the AMA awards banquet a week ago and couldn't believe how quickly and smoothly the proceedings went. For one thing, the recipients only thanked their sponsors who were in attendance. Duh. That only makes sense. Those who are not will never know we took up the evening thanking them for our chains and clip-ons.
With the Hall of Fame presentations (don't forget that we will have a special presenter as well), the evening could be a long one. Please help us keep it moving. Thanks.
Brooks

E. Templet
12-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Is there a list of awards posted somewhere, and an itinerary for the banquet?

E. Templet
12-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Is there a list of awards posted somewhere, and an itinerary for the banquet?

Jonny 748
12-03-2002, 01:25 AM
Hey Brooks,
If you give me an award - I'll keep it short and sweet.
How about best highside in a comedy roll.
Or just gime one of Sanchez'... he's got plenty.

I'm coming all the way from L.A. for this.

Jonny

Jonny 748
12-03-2002, 01:25 AM
Hey Brooks,
If you give me an award - I'll keep it short and sweet.
How about best highside in a comedy roll.
Or just gime one of Sanchez'... he's got plenty.

I'm coming all the way from L.A. for this.

Jonny

Brooks Gremmels
12-03-2002, 10:07 AM
Jonny, if you'll ride an XR100 to Ft Worth, I'll make sure that you are appropriately recognized.
Brooks
PS, I'll see if I can get the agenda for the program posted. You can pretty well figure out who get awards by looking at the year-end class positions (the top three finishers in each class get an award). This includes the top three finishers in each of the five endurance classes. Let's see, that would be 15 awards and there are something like 22 sprint classes so that's another 66 awards or 88 total.
Getting back to the point of making each person's time at the podium short and sweet, if the 88 riders receiving awards only spoke for 3 minutes, it would take 4 1/2 hours to get through that part of the ceremony. Add a couple of minutes to allow time to walk to the podium and well, you get the idea. Then there's a dinner, Hall of Fame and other sundry awards to present. Please remember this when the spotlight tempts you to wax eloquent at the microphone! Thanks.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
12-03-2002, 10:07 AM
Jonny, if you'll ride an XR100 to Ft Worth, I'll make sure that you are appropriately recognized.
Brooks
PS, I'll see if I can get the agenda for the program posted. You can pretty well figure out who get awards by looking at the year-end class positions (the top three finishers in each class get an award). This includes the top three finishers in each of the five endurance classes. Let's see, that would be 15 awards and there are something like 22 sprint classes so that's another 66 awards or 88 total.
Getting back to the point of making each person's time at the podium short and sweet, if the 88 riders receiving awards only spoke for 3 minutes, it would take 4 1/2 hours to get through that part of the ceremony. Add a couple of minutes to allow time to walk to the podium and well, you get the idea. Then there's a dinner, Hall of Fame and other sundry awards to present. Please remember this when the spotlight tempts you to wax eloquent at the microphone! Thanks.
Brooks

Jesse Davis
12-03-2002, 11:53 AM
sponsors for Jesse Davis are.

The Woodlawn Hills Motel
Teen Matchmaker.com
Carpet Dog Racing

Jesse Davis
12-03-2002, 11:53 AM
sponsors for Jesse Davis are.

The Woodlawn Hills Motel
Teen Matchmaker.com
Carpet Dog Racing

E. Templet
12-03-2002, 09:24 PM
Brooks, you reply is more than sufficient. See you there.

E. Templet
12-03-2002, 09:24 PM
Brooks, you reply is more than sufficient. See you there.

McMahan
12-04-2002, 05:36 AM
The following are receiving awards and need to get their sponsors to Nancy.

RAYMOND PARIS, NICK TADLOCK, NICK LEE, DERRICK PATMAN,
STEVEN SINCLAIR, FREDDY HALTOM, DUSTIN DOMINGUEZ,
TROY STURTZ, TOM THOMPSON, J. SCOTT KING, TYLER, MCDONALD,
RYAN ANDREWS, MICHAEL HAMRIC, DWYANE SOWELL, JOHN BLACK,
STEVE STINSON, GREG GOBER, ERIC BEHRENS, MANNY POULIS,
MICHAEL LAWLIS, SHANE CARTER, JOSEPH MCCAMISH, CHRIS TUTER,
CODY EDMONDSON, JESSE SEITZ, JOHN ORCHARD, CHUCK MCCOY,
DAVID WARNER, CHRIS SMILEY, GARY SINCLAIR, FRED CHAPMAN,
CARTER BURKHOLDER, TONY RODIO, MATHEW WISE, KEN CYR,
MICHAEL SANCHEZ, EUGENE TEMPLET, TODD SMITH, HEATH SMALL,
ERIC KELCHER, DAVID LARUE, PETER POHLMAN, TONY LEWIS,
THAD HASSE, MARC GIFFORD, A.C. FREEMAN, CHRIS RANKIN,
DANIEL SINCLAIR, DANNY DOMINGUEZ, REAGAN JOBE, CHRIS HEADLEY,
ADAM COCO, ALLAN VOIGT, KEITH HERTELL, BROOKS GREMMELS,
MIKE PETITPAS, DARREN BEHM, STEVE MOREY, RONNIE LUNSFORD,
CRAIG MONTGOMERY, JOHN HANER, DANNY ESLICK, TROY GREEN,
TODD THOMPSON, ERIC FALT, TEAM OZ RACING, TEAM CHAOS,
TEAM K&N, MINI ME, FULL MOON RACING, T.H.E. LAB, K&R MINI MOTARD,
WRW RACING, TMGP, J&R RACING, CENTRIFUGAL FORCE, EURO SHOP WACO,
C.E.O. RACING, ROBIN'S ROOST, FALTLESS RACING, SHORT BUS, JETMECHS,
BIG AIR RACING, SILVER BULLET, ROBINSON PARTNERS, VILLAGE IDIOTS, HOUSE OF FISH, DESERT RAT RACING, DYNATECH, NO HOMELESS, NORTHWEST HONDA, ONE WAY RACING.

McMahan
12-04-2002, 05:36 AM
The following are receiving awards and need to get their sponsors to Nancy.

RAYMOND PARIS, NICK TADLOCK, NICK LEE, DERRICK PATMAN,
STEVEN SINCLAIR, FREDDY HALTOM, DUSTIN DOMINGUEZ,
TROY STURTZ, TOM THOMPSON, J. SCOTT KING, TYLER, MCDONALD,
RYAN ANDREWS, MICHAEL HAMRIC, DWYANE SOWELL, JOHN BLACK,
STEVE STINSON, GREG GOBER, ERIC BEHRENS, MANNY POULIS,
MICHAEL LAWLIS, SHANE CARTER, JOSEPH MCCAMISH, CHRIS TUTER,
CODY EDMONDSON, JESSE SEITZ, JOHN ORCHARD, CHUCK MCCOY,
DAVID WARNER, CHRIS SMILEY, GARY SINCLAIR, FRED CHAPMAN,
CARTER BURKHOLDER, TONY RODIO, MATHEW WISE, KEN CYR,
MICHAEL SANCHEZ, EUGENE TEMPLET, TODD SMITH, HEATH SMALL,
ERIC KELCHER, DAVID LARUE, PETER POHLMAN, TONY LEWIS,
THAD HASSE, MARC GIFFORD, A.C. FREEMAN, CHRIS RANKIN,
DANIEL SINCLAIR, DANNY DOMINGUEZ, REAGAN JOBE, CHRIS HEADLEY,
ADAM COCO, ALLAN VOIGT, KEITH HERTELL, BROOKS GREMMELS,
MIKE PETITPAS, DARREN BEHM, STEVE MOREY, RONNIE LUNSFORD,
CRAIG MONTGOMERY, JOHN HANER, DANNY ESLICK, TROY GREEN,
TODD THOMPSON, ERIC FALT, TEAM OZ RACING, TEAM CHAOS,
TEAM K&N, MINI ME, FULL MOON RACING, T.H.E. LAB, K&R MINI MOTARD,
WRW RACING, TMGP, J&R RACING, CENTRIFUGAL FORCE, EURO SHOP WACO,
C.E.O. RACING, ROBIN'S ROOST, FALTLESS RACING, SHORT BUS, JETMECHS,
BIG AIR RACING, SILVER BULLET, ROBINSON PARTNERS, VILLAGE IDIOTS, HOUSE OF FISH, DESERT RAT RACING, DYNATECH, NO HOMELESS, NORTHWEST HONDA, ONE WAY RACING.