PDA

View Full Version : Webmaster Question

E. Templet
12-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Is there a way one can choose not to view certain messages or certain individual posters to this group? Other than just not visiting the Message Board that is.

E. Templet
12-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Is there a way one can choose not to view certain messages or certain individual posters to this group? Other than just not visiting the Message Board that is.

raysmith
12-06-2002, 05:02 PM
I believe all you can do is block them from sending you private messages. You can't ignore messages from within the forum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Add Someone to my Buddy List/Ignore List
You can add a person to your Ignore or Buddy List by accessing the person's profile or on the private message page for a particular message. You may remove people from your Ignore or Buddy List by un-checking the boxes next to the names.

Use the Buddy List for people you anticipate sending frequent private messages. It is a handy way of reaching all of your buddies from one compiled list. Use the Ignore List for people you do not wish to receive private messages from. Ignore lists have no use for anything other than private messages.</div></div>

raysmith
12-06-2002, 05:02 PM
I believe all you can do is block them from sending you private messages. You can't ignore messages from within the forum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Add Someone to my Buddy List/Ignore List
You can add a person to your Ignore or Buddy List by accessing the person's profile or on the private message page for a particular message. You may remove people from your Ignore or Buddy List by un-checking the boxes next to the names.

Use the Buddy List for people you anticipate sending frequent private messages. It is a handy way of reaching all of your buddies from one compiled list. Use the Ignore List for people you do not wish to receive private messages from. Ignore lists have no use for anything other than private messages.</div></div>

E. Templet
12-06-2002, 07:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Ray Smith:
I believe all you can do is block them from sending you private messages. You can't ignore messages from within the forum.</div></div>Yea, I did some homework on that. Just wishful thinking. It works on the newsgroups but you download those.

I gave you some starz dude...I like ya anyway. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks for the help.

E. Templet
12-06-2002, 07:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Ray Smith:
I believe all you can do is block them from sending you private messages. You can't ignore messages from within the forum.</div></div>Yea, I did some homework on that. Just wishful thinking. It works on the newsgroups but you download those.

I gave you some starz dude...I like ya anyway. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks for the help.