PDA

View Full Version : Prov Nov's Who Cannot Race MSR

Barry Nichols
05-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Here is the list. Anyone who wants to race or thinks they should not be on this list, get in touch with me ASAP!

Barry Nichols
Cheif Corner Marshall

JEFF ADDINGTON
LANCE ADDINGTON
CARSON CARTER
DEVIN DAVIS
STEVE EBELING
TOM HALEY
RYAN HOKE
JAMES LE ROY
CESAR MOTTA
STEVE MOULTON
JEFF NAGEL
ROB NANCE
LEONARD NUCKOLLS
ERIC STAPLETON
PATRICK STOHRER
DON THORSON
BRANDON VALENTINE
SCOTT VIVION
MATT WOOD
MICHAEL WORRELL

Barry Nichols
05-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Here is the list. Anyone who wants to race or thinks they should not be on this list, get in touch with me ASAP!

Barry Nichols
Cheif Corner Marshall

JEFF ADDINGTON
LANCE ADDINGTON
CARSON CARTER
DEVIN DAVIS
STEVE EBELING
TOM HALEY
RYAN HOKE
JAMES LE ROY
CESAR MOTTA
STEVE MOULTON
JEFF NAGEL
ROB NANCE
LEONARD NUCKOLLS
ERIC STAPLETON
PATRICK STOHRER
DON THORSON
BRANDON VALENTINE
SCOTT VIVION
MATT WOOD
MICHAEL WORRELL

Ara Tidwell
05-29-2005, 12:44 AM
The biggest deterrent to "might be new" racers in at play yet again.

My friend who works at a motorcycle dealership who just can't get off Saturdays would have had his license at the beginning of the season if it weren't for this policy. 90% of the riders I talk too who are considering getting their license put this up as one of the main reasons they haven't done so yet.

I think the old policy where you weren't required to work both a Sat and Sun, and could have a spouse/family member fill in for one of the days was far superior.

I understand the club is experiencing growing pains, but this is an awfully crewl method of slowing growth.

Ara Tidwell
05-29-2005, 12:44 AM
The biggest deterrent to "might be new" racers in at play yet again.

My friend who works at a motorcycle dealership who just can't get off Saturdays would have had his license at the beginning of the season if it weren't for this policy. 90% of the riders I talk too who are considering getting their license put this up as one of the main reasons they haven't done so yet.

I think the old policy where you weren't required to work both a Sat and Sun, and could have a spouse/family member fill in for one of the days was far superior.

I understand the club is experiencing growing pains, but this is an awfully crewl method of slowing growth.

Nancy Selleck
05-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Barry works with each person on an individual basis. If someone can't ever work a Saturday or Sunday, he'll work with them.

The policy has nothing to do with slowing the club's growth or being cruel, it has a lot to do with making sure we have enough cornerworkers on each day so our members are able to race. That would include those Prov Novs doing the cornerworking.

It amazes me how many of you seem to think that every policy set in place by the club is done so to screw its members in some way or another. :rolleyes:

Nancy Selleck
05-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Barry works with each person on an individual basis. If someone can't ever work a Saturday or Sunday, he'll work with them.

The policy has nothing to do with slowing the club's growth or being cruel, it has a lot to do with making sure we have enough cornerworkers on each day so our members are able to race. That would include those Prov Novs doing the cornerworking.

It amazes me how many of you seem to think that every policy set in place by the club is done so to screw its members in some way or another. :rolleyes:

Ara Tidwell
05-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Nothing personal, I have a lot of respect for about everyone, if not everyone involved in the club.

It would be nice if a capable family member or spouse could fill in on one of the days, such as in the old rules. Job still gets done.

Ara Tidwell
05-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Nothing personal, I have a lot of respect for about everyone, if not everyone involved in the club.

It would be nice if a capable family member or spouse could fill in on one of the days, such as in the old rules. Job still gets done.

lowfat_bry
05-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Ara you know you are not permitted to post after midnight because all you want to do is argue. Drop it ..If your "Friend" needs to work something out, have him contact Barry or a Board member, otherwise stay out of it. Rules where changed for a reason. Why not ask why the rule was change and find a working solution.

lowfat_bry
05-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Ara you know you are not permitted to post after midnight because all you want to do is argue. Drop it ..If your "Friend" needs to work something out, have him contact Barry or a Board member, otherwise stay out of it. Rules where changed for a reason. Why not ask why the rule was change and find a working solution.

Barry Nichols
05-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Sundays are generally harder to get people to work corners because everyone wants to sprint race. We had to put this rule in place because everyone comes to the track and expects to practice and race for the money and effort they have paid. Until all corners are staffed we cannot put racers on track. We have not had to hold up practice for lack of cornerworkers in about three years, but we have had to in the past. If a racer has a legitimate conflict, and that doesn't mean a lame "I can't miss a race to cornerwork because I am in it for the points and championship in my first year as a novice which I probobly won't make every race anyway once I crash a few times or realize how damn expensive this sport is" excuse, I will work with them. I have several times this year. The persons in my list above (and trust me I am being nice because there are about 30 others who I haven't heard from since April but I chose to make the cutoff March this time) have not bothered to advise me of why they are not fullfilling the obligation that they agreed to in applying for a CMRA licence. I really don't like keeping up with everyone elses responsibilities anymore than they like cornerworking, but we each have our obligations to the club. A lot of people pass through cornerworking each year and the majority of them follow the rules and are on to racing glory, a few each year though end up "endlessly" on my "list". As to Ara's statement above about this policy being a deterrent, I would say maybe those who it is deterring and possibly a few of the above should reflect on the sincerity of their desire to be racers. Each year I use all of my families vacation days watching racing, enjoying friends, and overcoming deterrents. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Barry Nichols
05-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Sundays are generally harder to get people to work corners because everyone wants to sprint race. We had to put this rule in place because everyone comes to the track and expects to practice and race for the money and effort they have paid. Until all corners are staffed we cannot put racers on track. We have not had to hold up practice for lack of cornerworkers in about three years, but we have had to in the past. If a racer has a legitimate conflict, and that doesn't mean a lame "I can't miss a race to cornerwork because I am in it for the points and championship in my first year as a novice which I probobly won't make every race anyway once I crash a few times or realize how damn expensive this sport is" excuse, I will work with them. I have several times this year. The persons in my list above (and trust me I am being nice because there are about 30 others who I haven't heard from since April but I chose to make the cutoff March this time) have not bothered to advise me of why they are not fullfilling the obligation that they agreed to in applying for a CMRA licence. I really don't like keeping up with everyone elses responsibilities anymore than they like cornerworking, but we each have our obligations to the club. A lot of people pass through cornerworking each year and the majority of them follow the rules and are on to racing glory, a few each year though end up "endlessly" on my "list". As to Ara's statement above about this policy being a deterrent, I would say maybe those who it is deterring and possibly a few of the above should reflect on the sincerity of their desire to be racers. Each year I use all of my families vacation days watching racing, enjoying friends, and overcoming deterrents. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jeffrey Addington
05-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Barry,

Jeffrey Addington
05-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Barry,

Jeffrey Addington
05-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Barry,

I would like to sign Lance Addington and myself (Jeff Addington) up for corning working Saturday. I sent you an email also, I just want to make sure I can get in on some corner working.

Thank you

Jeffrey Addington
05-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Barry,

I would like to sign Lance Addington and myself (Jeff Addington) up for corning working Saturday. I sent you an email also, I just want to make sure I can get in on some corner working.

Thank you

Bob Purdom
06-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Barry, I emailed you. Not sure why my name is showing up on this list. I worked the same days as my team mate who is not on the list and I have your signiture in both spots on my prov license.

Please advise.

Bob Purdom
06-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Barry, I emailed you. Not sure why my name is showing up on this list. I worked the same days as my team mate who is not on the list and I have your signiture in both spots on my prov license.

Please advise.

jamesl73
06-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Barry,

I have emailed you once at the beginning of the month to address this and again yesterday, but I have not heard back from you.

-James

jamesl73
06-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Barry,

I have emailed you once at the beginning of the month to address this and again yesterday, but I have not heard back from you.

-James

Barry Nichols
06-02-2005, 01:05 PM
These racers are off the list.

Jeff & Lance Addington
James LeRoy
Patrick Stohrer

Thank You!

Barry Nichols
06-02-2005, 01:05 PM
These racers are off the list.

Jeff & Lance Addington