PDA

View Full Version : Barber Bound

Frank Newman
07-20-2005, 02:53 PM
So, Frank says lets go to Barber and there's resounding silence. Weeble says go to Barber and the herd stirs and moves East as one.
Here's the drill.
Check the Barber website for info and a link to CCS and the track day people.
There is a track day on Thursday for $140 for the first bike. You must have a competition license. CMRA will do. Use the form from the website and register early. I am told that Barber is difficult to get used to and the track day is very important.
Gates open Wednesday at 7pm and close at 9pm. Once you are in you can stay until Sunday at 7pm.
CCS is handling the races. They will sell you an advance license for $75.00 for the remainder of the year or will sell you a one-race license at Barber for $25.00. Is it worth $50.00 to avoid the trackside paperwork?
Tech is basicly the same except that CCS requires that you safety wire the coolant and oil line clamps. They claim to be less stringent than CMRA.
The classes are basicly the same.
The CCS races are on Friday and Saturday. Sunday is F-USA and I know nothing about that.
I am leaving Fort Worth 6ish Wednesday morning and will depart Barber after the last race on Saturday unless I don't. I'll be back Sunday in any event. Currently there is no spousal interest so I could share the ride/drive/gas. I have a 6x12 enclosed trailer (The Wells Cargo Suites). I will have room for one race bike and no other pit bikes (depending, I guess, on size - a dinky one is ok). I am going to stay in the luxurious Wells Cargo Suites so a passenger will be on their own for accomodations.

Frank Newman
07-20-2005, 02:53 PM
So, Frank says lets go to Barber and there's resounding silence. Weeble says go to Barber and the herd stirs and moves East as one.
Here's the drill.
Check the Barber website for info and a link to CCS and the track day people.
There is a track day on Thursday for $140 for the first bike. You must have a competition license. CMRA will do. Use the form from the website and register early. I am told that Barber is difficult to get used to and the track day is very important.
Gates open Wednesday at 7pm and close at 9pm. Once you are in you can stay until Sunday at 7pm.
CCS is handling the races. They will sell you an advance license for $75.00 for the remainder of the year or will sell you a one-race license at Barber for $25.00. Is it worth $50.00 to avoid the trackside paperwork?
Tech is basicly the same except that CCS requires that you safety wire the coolant and oil line clamps. They claim to be less stringent than CMRA.
The classes are basicly the same.
The CCS races are on Friday and Saturday. Sunday is F-USA and I know nothing about that.
I am leaving Fort Worth 6ish Wednesday morning and will depart Barber after the last race on Saturday unless I don't. I'll be back Sunday in any event. Currently there is no spousal interest so I could share the ride/drive/gas. I have a 6x12 enclosed trailer (The Wells Cargo Suites). I will have room for one race bike and no other pit bikes (depending, I guess, on size - a dinky one is ok). I am going to stay in the luxurious Wells Cargo Suites so a passenger will be on their own for accomodations.

Igal
07-20-2005, 03:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Frank Newman:
So, Frank says lets go to Barber and there's resounding silence. Weeble says go to Barber and the herd stirs and moves East as one.</div></div>i may dump hallet for a trip to barber since i have to go to traffic court on HALLET PRACTICE friday. for some reason the two traffic tickets i decide to fight coincide with thurs/friday before both hallets this year. go figure. throw in the fact that every endurance team i have run with at hallet for two years now has crashed the bikes out before my stint and im starting to think hallet just isnt meant for me.

oh were we talking about barber. yes i want to go. lets get some houston people talking here.

Igal
07-20-2005, 03:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Frank Newman:
So, Frank says lets go to Barber and there's resounding silence. Weeble says go to Barber and the herd stirs and moves East as one.</div></div>i may dump hallet for a trip to barber since i have to go to traffic court on HALLET PRACTICE friday. for some reason the two traffic tickets i decide to fight coincide with thurs/friday before both hallets this year. go figure. throw in the fact that every endurance team i have run with at hallet for two years now has crashed the bikes out before my stint and im starting to think hallet just isnt meant for me.

oh were we talking about barber. yes i want to go. lets get some houston people talking here.

Frank Newman
07-20-2005, 03:46 PM
File the time honored Motion for Continuance citing a previous commitment out of town. If this is a first setting the Asst. City Atty will give you the continuance.

Frank Newman
07-20-2005, 03:46 PM
File the time honored Motion for Continuance citing a previous commitment out of town. If this is a first setting the Asst. City Atty will give you the continuance.

Don Wagnon
07-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Frank,
I spoke with you at Denton this past weekend. You were looking at Dereks rs60. Derek and I are planning on going but we will be leaving on thurs afternoon. Derek starts school on Wednesday prior to this event. Derek will race Sat and Sun so we will be traveling on Monday as well. He'll be missing a couple days of school already or we would go for the trackday. Similarly, we will be staying at the pace american suites(6x12).

Don Wagnon
07-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Frank,
I spoke with you at Denton this past weekend. You were looking at Dereks rs60. Derek and I are planning on going but we will be leaving on thurs afternoon. Derek starts school on Wednesday prior to this event. Derek will race Sat and Sun so we will be traveling on Monday as well. He'll be missing a couple days of school already or we would go for the trackday. Similarly, we will be staying at the pace american suites(6x12).

Frank Newman
07-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Does Pace American Suites have a complimentary Continental Breakfast? See you there.

Frank Newman
07-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Does Pace American Suites have a complimentary Continental Breakfast? See you there.

jroberts5407
07-20-2005, 05:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> throw in the fact that every endurance team i have run with at hallet for two years now has crashed the bikes out before my stint and im starting to think hallet just isnt meant for me. </div></div>OUCH Igal!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jroberts5407
07-20-2005, 05:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> throw in the fact that every endurance team i have run with at hallet for two years now has crashed the bikes out before my stint and im starting to think hallet just isnt meant for me. </div></div>OUCH Igal!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Igal
07-21-2005, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by John Roberts:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> throw in the fact that every endurance team i have run with at hallet for two years now has crashed the bikes out before my stint and im starting to think hallet just isnt meant for me. </div></div>OUCH Igal!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>not pointing any fingers!!! hahahaha... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Igal
07-21-2005, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by John Roberts:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> throw in the fact that every endurance team i have run with at hallet for two years now has crashed the bikes out before my stint and im starting to think hallet just isnt meant for me. </div></div>OUCH Igal!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>not pointing any fingers!!! hahahaha... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif