PDA

View Full Version : More Weeble adventures- BARBER

Cathy Page
08-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Mid O was so much fun that I think a run to Barber is in order. Sept. 23, 25th are the dates.
This is a WERA event. I'll have to determine what is required to run that. At Mid O all I had to do besides show my CMRA license was to have a 2005 AMA membership.

This Barber event is also a qualifier for the GNF at Road Atlanta.

Cathy Page
08-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Mid O was so much fun that I think a run to Barber is in order. Sept. 23, 25th are the dates.
This is a WERA event. I'll have to determine what is required to run that. At Mid O all I had to do besides show my CMRA license was to have a 2005 AMA membership.

This Barber event is also a qualifier for the GNF at Road Atlanta.

08-01-2005, 05:14 PM
so... are you looking for some company on this trip? http://zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/love10.gif

08-01-2005, 05:14 PM
so... are you looking for some company on this trip? http://zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/love10.gif

Cathy Page
08-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Company, yes indeed. And how can I resist those blinking heart smiley eyes! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
This ought to be a fun event and a great track from what I'm told.
Who's going, and who's a big fat chicken? (That's my best smack attempt, No way I can compete with Buck there).

Cathy Page
08-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Company, yes indeed. And how can I resist those blinking heart smiley eyes! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
This ought to be a fun event and a great track from what I'm told.
Who's going, and who's a big fat chicken? (That's my best smack attempt, No way I can compete with Buck there).

binskies
08-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Man! I thought I was going with you. What am I, chopped liver???? :p

binskies
08-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Man! I thought I was going with you. What am I, chopped liver???? :p

Buck Beasley
08-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Come on Cathy you gotta hit 'em harder that that! big fat chicken???? L-A-M-E Attack thier manhood, lower the self esteem and you'll have a truck load before you know it. I don't think I can make it as that would put me off racing 3 out of 4 weekends in a row. I gotta pay for this addiction ya know?

Buck Beasley
08-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Come on Cathy you gotta hit 'em harder that that! big fat chicken???? L-A-M-E Attack thier manhood, lower the self esteem and you'll have a truck load before you know it. I don't think I can make it as that would put me off racing 3 out of 4 weekends in a row. I gotta pay for this addiction ya know?

Bryan Altmeyer
08-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Okay, okay... I'll go now stop calling me names! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Actually I planned on going a few weeks ago. I got an invite to endurance race with team zip tie.

Bryan Altmeyer
08-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Okay, okay... I'll go now stop calling me names! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Actually I planned on going a few weeks ago. I got an invite to endurance race with team zip tie.

David Branyon
08-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Is there an official list of "big fat chickens" I could get on?

Dang it and Nolden and his fancy-pants smileys... he always gets the chicks!

David Branyon
08-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Is there an official list of "big fat chickens" I could get on?

Dang it and Nolden and his fancy-pants smileys... he always gets the chicks!

08-02-2005, 09:53 AM
riiiighht... I think it takes more than cute smileys... I don't know... I haven't figured it out yet

man... I really want to go. Anyone from south Texas going with room for an SV, me, and my gear? (will contribute to travel expenses of course)

08-02-2005, 09:53 AM
riiiighht... I think it takes more than cute smileys... I don't know... I haven't figured it out yet

man... I really want to go. Anyone from south Texas going with room for an SV, me, and my gear? (will contribute to travel expenses of course)

DCM122
08-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Im thinking about making the trip. need to ride some different tracks for a change.

DCM122
08-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Im thinking about making the trip. need to ride some different tracks for a change.

DMS Racing
08-02-2005, 12:37 PM
May try and take my single. Gotta see if anybody will be willin' to ride it.

DMS Racing
08-02-2005, 12:37 PM
May try and take my single. Gotta see if anybody will be willin' to ride it.

Zac Chapman
08-02-2005, 01:26 PM
We might be going to barber, but on August 12-14 for the ccs races they're having. Heard it's an awsome track.

Zac Chapman
08-02-2005, 01:26 PM
We might be going to barber, but on August 12-14 for the ccs races they're having. Heard it's an awsome track.

Igal
08-02-2005, 02:04 PM
im interested but need someone to spell out the dates and requirements. last time i looked into this i didnt get the feeling i found the answers. i think all the sv usual suspects need to go knock the doors down.

Igal
08-02-2005, 02:04 PM
im interested but need someone to spell out the dates and requirements. last time i looked into this i didnt get the feeling i found the answers. i think all the sv usual suspects need to go knock the doors down.

Jonathan Wright
08-02-2005, 02:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Suck Easley:
Come on Cathy you gotta hit me harder than that! big fat chicken???? L-A-M-E Attack my manhood, lower my already basement-floor self esteem and you'll have my continuing adoration forever. I don't think I can make it as that would put me off my duties at the bus station bathroomm 3 out of 4 weekends in a row. I gotta pay for my 'revirginization' surgury to keep the Backmarker boys happy, ya know? </div></div>Wow, Buck. Sorry you can't take off work to attend the race. But we just knew you'd cave to the surgury. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<- has an evil grin

I've run WERA before. All I needed to do was show them my CMRA license. There was one or two things that they wanted me to do to the bike but it wasn't a big deal. And then I had to endure some smart alec remark about how CMRA does it. :rolleyes: But it was still relatively painless.

Biggest thing is that they want the transponders on the fork leg. You gotta figure that one out. One guy over there makes billet alum mounting brackets. I have one and zip tied it up there - no prob.

The tech guy wanted my front axle bolt saftey-wired...I asked him how other folks that have R6's did it and he really couldn't tell me.

I've run a track day at Barber - nice track and very fun to run. Would love to do a race there.

Oh, and used to they were total Nazi's [yes, I said NAZI] about the pavement. So bring plenty of material to put down under your bike if you need to work on it in the lot. You do NOT want to spil oil on the pavement or even mar the pavement in any way.

Hopefully they've let up a good bit on that.

Jonathan Wright
08-02-2005, 02:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Suck Easley:
Come on Cathy you gotta hit me harder than that! big fat chicken???? L-A-M-E Attack my manhood, lower my already basement-floor self esteem and you'll have my continuing adoration forever. I don't think I can make it as that would put me off my duties at the bus station bathroomm 3 out of 4 weekends in a row. I gotta pay for my 'revirginization' surgury to keep the Backmarker boys happy, ya know? </div></div>Wow, Buck. Sorry you can't take off work to attend the race. But we just knew you'd cave to the surgury. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<- has an evil grin

I've run WERA before. All I needed to do was show them my CMRA license. There was one or two things that they wanted me to do to the bike but it wasn't a big deal. And then I had to endure some smart alec remark about how CMRA does it. :rolleyes: But it was still relatively painless.

Biggest thing is that they want the transponders on the fork leg. You gotta figure that one out. One guy over there makes billet alum mounting brackets. I have one and zip tied it up there - no prob.

The tech guy wanted my front axle bolt saftey-wired...I asked him how other folks that have R6's did it and he really couldn't tell me.

I've run a track day at Barber - nice track and very fun to run. Would love to do a race there.

Oh, and used to they were total Nazi's [yes, I said NAZI] about the pavement. So bring plenty of material to put down under your bike if you need to work on it in the lot. You do NOT want to spil oil on the pavement or even mar the pavement in any way.

Hopefully they've let up a good bit on that.

Jonathan Wright
08-02-2005, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Igal Askeroglu:
im interested but need someone to spell out the dates and requirements. last time i looked into this i didnt get the feeling i found the answers. i think all the sv usual suspects need to go knock the doors down. </div></div>What does the WERA rule book not tell you? And yes, I reviewed it before I went to the race.

Clicky linky -> WERA Rule Book (http://www.wera.com/pages/rulebook.htm)

Jonathan Wright
08-02-2005, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Igal Askeroglu:
im interested but need someone to spell out the dates and requirements. last time i looked into this i didnt get the feeling i found the answers. i think all the sv usual suspects need to go knock the doors down. </div></div>What does the WERA rule book not tell you? And yes, I reviewed it before I went to the race.

Clicky linky -> WERA Rule Book (http://www.wera.com/pages/rulebook.htm)

Igal
08-02-2005, 02:42 PM
obviously im confused. when this was brought up weeks ago by Frank Newman he was talking about the CCS weekend in a couple weeks.

whatever.

Igal
08-02-2005, 02:42 PM
obviously im confused. when this was brought up weeks ago by Frank Newman he was talking about the CCS weekend in a couple weeks.

whatever.

Cathy Page
08-02-2005, 04:09 PM
I will try to spell out the missing bits. The WEEBLE WERA race that I speak of is Sept 23, thru 25th. It is a WERA race weekend. The NEWMAN weekend was a CCS event in August. I can't go to that one and it is not a GNF qualifier anyway, so no good for me in this case.

Jonathan is spot on regarding the WERA rules. It's all there. I have printed out the registration form and once I figure out the classes for sure I will fax it off.

The Mid O event was an AMA event, but they had WERA oversee it all and used WERA rules to run it.
The only difference that I think might be an issue is the possiblilty of having to purchace a WERA license. That I don' tknow yet.

Also, at Mid O, it was mostly WERA racers, and they were all great, friendly, no CMRA chip on their shoulders etc. They couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. That is part of why my experience there was so awesome.

This Barber race is a National, not sure what the significance is, besides the qualifier for the GNF, but it ought to be like any other race weekend we're familar with here. Mid O was very much like a CMRA weekend, with the exception of tech being slow there, causing many of us to miss the first practice. Otherwise it was run on schedlue and smooth. Just like us spoiled racers are used to here.

Igal, if you approach this race like you would a first timer CMRA race it would be about the same. You get your bike ready, per the rules. Get yourself ready, and Gooooooooo!

Oh and at Mid O the xpdr could go on the fork leg. I opted to move it there to take advantage of any close race scenario's. I just tie wrapped it on and it was fine.

Buck, what's the problem with 3 of 4 race weekends? Isn't that a good thing?
Besides, Sept has five weekends in it, so really it's 3 of 5 race weekends. PLUS.....that last weekend at TWS is it for the season. So live it up a little. Life is short and we can't ride forever, why not now?
As for attacking the racers manhood.........I'll leave that alone. I have enough trouble getting dates now without bashing y'all with my clever smack retorts. I figured "big fat chicken" was tame enough to preserve y'alls manhood. Time will tell!

Cathy Page
08-02-2005, 04:09 PM
I will try to spell out the missing bits. The WEEBLE WERA race that I speak of is Sept 23, thru 25th. It is a WERA race weekend. The NEWMAN weekend was a CCS event in August. I can't go to that one and it is not a GNF qualifier anyway, so no good for me in this case.

Jonathan is spot on regarding the WERA rules. It's all there. I have printed out the registration form and once I figure out the classes for sure I will fax it off.

The Mid O event was an AMA event, but they had WERA oversee it all and used WERA rules to run it.
The only difference that I think might be an issue is the possiblilty of having to purchace a WERA license. That I don' tknow yet.

Also, at Mid O, it was mostly WERA racers, and they were all great, friendly, no CMRA chip on their shoulders etc. They couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. That is part of why my experience there was so awesome.

This Barber race is a National, not sure what the significance is, besides the qualifier for the GNF, but it ought to be like any other race weekend we're familar with here. Mid O was very much like a CMRA weekend, with the exception of tech being slow there, causing many of us to miss the first practice. Otherwise it was run on schedlue and smooth. Just like us spoiled racers are used to here.

Igal, if you approach this race like you would a first timer CMRA race it would be about the same. You get your bike ready, per the rules. Get yourself ready, and Gooooooooo!

Oh and at Mid O the xpdr could go on the fork leg. I opted to move it there to take advantage of any close race scenario's. I just tie wrapped it on and it was fine.

Buck, what's the problem with 3 of 4 race weekends? Isn't that a good thing?
Besides, Sept has five weekends in it, so really it's 3 of 5 race weekends. PLUS.....that last weekend at TWS is it for the season. So live it up a little. Life is short and we can't ride forever, why not now?
As for attacking the racers manhood.........I'll leave that alone. I have enough trouble getting dates now without bashing y'all with my clever smack retorts. I figured "big fat chicken" was tame enough to preserve y'alls manhood. Time will tell!

Jonathan Wright
08-02-2005, 05:03 PM
WERA and CMRA have a reciprocal license agreement. You don't need to buy a WERA license.

Cathy, read Buck's quote in my post...apparantly he likes having his manhood questioned. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Oh, and it's nice to be told I'm on the spot. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Jonathan Wright
08-02-2005, 05:03 PM
WERA and CMRA have a reciprocal license agreement. You don't need to buy a WERA license.

Cathy, read Buck's quote in my post...apparantly he likes having his manhood questioned. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Oh, and it's nice to be told I'm on the spot. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

binskies
08-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Cathy, I was reading the rules for this race last night, and a CMRA license is all you need to be able to race, however, if you want to recieve WERA points toward the Grand National, you have to have a WERA license. No other reciprocal license will be able to receive points for their finishes. At least that's the way I interpreted it.

binskies
08-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Cathy, I was reading the rules for this race last night, and a CMRA license is all you need to be able to race, however, if you want to recieve WERA points toward the Grand National, you have to have a WERA license. No other reciprocal license will be able to receive points for their finishes. At least that's the way I interpreted it.

Renate McBain
08-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Robin's interpretation is correct. Tack another $100 on for the license.

Renate McBain
08-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Robin's interpretation is correct. Tack another $100 on for the license.

Igal
08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Ok before I am chastised again, I did read the WERA information. It says this for qualifying for GNF:

Points earned at all Sportsman Championship events count toward an invitation to the Grand National Final. The top 15 riders in points in each class in each Region will be invited to the Grand National Final. Points are kept in their respective regional area. Exceptions are races designated as Crossover events for specific areas. Points will be awarded for finishes in the National Challenge Series and Sportsman Series.

Looking at the points for 05 and the SV classes, we could all very well just show up and earn an invitation to GNF.
Some SV classes dont even have 15 people listed with points. We are shoe-ins! Cmon!

FYI, dates are 10/12-16 Grand National Finals & Suzuki Cup Finals
Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA

Igal
08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Ok before I am chastised again, I did read the WERA information. It says this for qualifying for GNF:

Points earned at all Sportsman Championship events count toward an invitation to the Grand National Final. The top 15 riders in points in each class in each Region will be invited to the Grand National Final. Points are kept in their respective regional area. Exceptions are races designated as Crossover events for specific areas. Points will be awarded for finishes in the National Challenge Series and Sportsman Series.

Looking at the points for 05 and the SV classes, we could all very well just show up and earn an invitation to GNF.
Some SV classes dont even have 15 people listed with points. We are shoe-ins! Cmon!

FYI, dates are 10/12-16 Grand National Finals & Suzuki Cup Finals
Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA

marcus mcbain
08-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Couple of items that were not covered.

The WERA race at Barber is a WERA national. This means that you get to race the National Challenge Classes. This is important as this gives you more classes to qualify for at the GNF. Anyone who runs one National Challenge races qualify to run the N/C races at the GNF which are generally run Friday/Saturday/Sunday. YOU ALSO QUALIFY FOR THE SPORTSMAN CLASSES which are the ones you are reading about (top 15 in region...). So you don't enter any more races or pay any more, but you qualify for more races (Note: Sportsman points are accumulated towards the local region).

Here is your case in point...

Let's say you have an SV650. You enter LW Twins SB/SS and HW Twins SB/SS. That is 4 classes. At the GNF, you will be able to enter LW National Challenge classes AND the sportsman classes. Sportsman classes are run on Wed/Thurs/Fri. In this scenario, you could enter 6-8 classes although you only entered 4 at Barber.

Again, the sportsman classes are for the regional guys that are going for the "sportsman" championship and National Challenge guys are the ones that have been following the WERA National schedule and doing that championship.

If you have a specific question, call WERA or me at 713 304 5509.

One last item. WERA endurance has a great purse. There is OEM cash in every class and tons of prodcut contingency. You may consider doing the endurance race as you can make good $$$'s doing this if you are quick enough, plus it is great track time.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
08-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Couple of items that were not covered.

The WERA race at Barber is a WERA national. This means that you get to race the National Challenge Classes. This is important as this gives you more classes to qualify for at the GNF. Anyone who runs one National Challenge races qualify to run the N/C races at the GNF which are generally run Friday/Saturday/Sunday. YOU ALSO QUALIFY FOR THE SPORTSMAN CLASSES which are the ones you are reading about (top 15 in region...). So you don't enter any more races or pay any more, but you qualify for more races (Note: Sportsman points are accumulated towards the local region).

Here is your case in point...

Let's say you have an SV650. You enter LW Twins SB/SS and HW Twins SB/SS. That is 4 classes. At the GNF, you will be able to enter LW National Challenge classes AND the sportsman classes. Sportsman classes are run on Wed/Thurs/Fri. In this scenario, you could enter 6-8 classes although you only entered 4 at Barber.

Again, the sportsman classes are for the regional guys that are going for the "sportsman" championship and National Challenge guys are the ones that have been following the WERA National schedule and doing that championship.

If you have a specific question, call WERA or me at 713 304 5509.

One last item. WERA endurance has a great purse. There is OEM cash in every class and tons of prodcut contingency. You may consider doing the endurance race as you can make good $$$'s doing this if you are quick enough, plus it is great track time.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
08-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Oh yeah, if you don't pay the 100.00 license fee, you don't get any points.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
08-04-2005, 08:51 PM

Marcus

binskies
08-05-2005, 10:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Marcus McBain:

Marcus </div></div>I already covered that... :p

binskies
08-05-2005, 10:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Marcus McBain:

Marcus </div></div>I already covered that... :p

Cathy Page
08-10-2005, 05:21 PM
http://www.wera.com/pdf/grattannat071705.pdf

The above link is an example and probably what will be the schedule at the Barber race weekend.

Who's in? So far I have myself and Robin for sure. Maybe NEWMAN and Chris Accardo. Igal and David Nolden. Come on smack attack dogs, jump in. It's BARBER dudes.

Cathy Page
08-10-2005, 05:21 PM

The above link is an example and probably what will be the schedule at the Barber race weekend.

Who's in? So far I have myself and Robin for sure. Maybe NEWMAN and Chris Accardo. Igal and David Nolden. Come on smack attack dogs, jump in. It's BARBER dudes.

Igal
08-10-2005, 06:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Cathy White:

Who's in? So far I have myself and Robin for sure. Maybe NEWMAN and Chris Accardo. Igal and David Nolden. Come on smack attack dogs, jump in. It's BARBER dudes. </div></div>ok whats up with the couples thing here... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif let me address that before the smack pack attacks... beasley consider yourself officially disarmed... just say ALL THE USUAL SV SUSPECTS.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Igal
08-10-2005, 06:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Cathy White:

Who's in? So far I have myself and Robin for sure. Maybe NEWMAN and Chris Accardo. Igal and David Nolden. Come on smack attack dogs, jump in. It's BARBER dudes. </div></div>ok whats up with the couples thing here... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif let me address that before the smack pack attacks... beasley consider yourself officially disarmed... just say ALL THE USUAL SV SUSPECTS.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Buck Beasley
08-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Illegal I thought you and Nolden would make a cute couple...............

Buck Beasley
08-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Illegal I thought you and Nolden would make a cute couple...............

08-11-2005, 11:32 AM
So from that schedule (and the rulebook) it looks like just three SV classes? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

08-11-2005, 11:32 AM
So from that schedule (and the rulebook) it looks like just three SV classes? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Cathy Page
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
I sent an e mail to WERA asking about the classes offered. I haven't heard back, but so far I have heard from the WERA bbs that there will not be a SB class. That would leave me and my SV with three classes. LWTSS, F2, and HWTSS. Maybe we can put an endurance team together for this race weekend as well. It's a 6 hr.

Cathy Page
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
I sent an e mail to WERA asking about the classes offered. I haven't heard back, but so far I have heard from the WERA bbs that there will not be a SB class. That would leave me and my SV with three classes. LWTSS, F2, and HWTSS. Maybe we can put an endurance team together for this race weekend as well. It's a 6 hr.

Jonathan Wright
08-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm....for what class? Back Marker has an R6 endurance bike...........*thinking*

Jonathan Wright
08-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm....for what class? Back Marker has an R6 endurance bike...........*thinking*

Igal
08-11-2005, 06:14 PM
im more than willing to jump on a cmra endurance effort. i know i wont make friday practice.

Igal
08-11-2005, 06:14 PM
im more than willing to jump on a cmra endurance effort. i know i wont make friday practice.

marcus mcbain
08-12-2005, 09:51 AM
I don't know if something has changed, BUT there are no sportsman points for this round. Regardless, if you run the races, you get qualified to run at the GNF for the National Challenge classes.

Good Luck,
Marcus McBain

marcus mcbain
08-12-2005, 09:51 AM
I don't know if something has changed, BUT there are no sportsman points for this round. Regardless, if you run the races, you get qualified to run at the GNF for the National Challenge classes.

Good Luck,
Marcus McBain

Cathy Page
08-16-2005, 09:26 AM
For those of us interested in going to Barber, and anyone interested in going as an endurance team, lets talk about it this weekend at Hallett. Look me up. I'll be arriving Friday, leaving Sunday. Go figure!
I'm the chick with the pink bike, daisy stickers all over it, lots of cute flowers and fufu stuff around my little pit area. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Cathy Page
08-16-2005, 09:26 AM
For those of us interested in going to Barber, and anyone interested in going as an endurance team, lets talk about it this weekend at Hallett. Look me up. I'll be arriving Friday, leaving Sunday. Go figure!
I'm the chick with the pink bike, daisy stickers all over it, lots of cute flowers and fufu stuff around my little pit area. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Frank Newman
08-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Cathy - Set a time and pit # for Saturday after the enduro. Bill Syfan or Marcus I know can tell us about WERA weekends. My concern is the lack of classes for my SVzilla and no old f__ classes. Might have to dust off the Superstock bike and give you a fair chance. I imagine you will be cooking for the meeting. Can I bring a covered dish or maybe some Cream Sherry?

Frank Newman
08-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Cathy - Set a time and pit # for Saturday after the enduro. Bill Syfan or Marcus I know can tell us about WERA weekends. My concern is the lack of classes for my SVzilla and no old f__ classes. Might have to dust off the Superstock bike and give you a fair chance. I imagine you will be cooking for the meeting. Can I bring a covered dish or maybe some Cream Sherry?

Cathy Page
08-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Sat then, after the endurance. Garage # 20. Be there.
Frank, just bring cake.

Cathy Page
08-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Sat then, after the endurance. Garage # 20. Be there.
Frank, just bring cake.

Cathy Page
08-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Ok, so maybe it wasn't such a good idea trying to have a gathering for Barber discussion after a six hour endurance. It was dark, and cold, yes cold, and everyone was scattering is search of dry clothes and warm food.

Here are the committed ones to date:
Me aka: Weeble
Robin
Yuliya
The three of us will be running the Saturday endurance, Robin and myself will also be running Sunday sprints. SuZette will know by weeks end if she can join in the fun.
Tracy, who has been traveling far and wide to support the "Buttercup" bike at the races will also be joining us as our token pit Biatch.
Not really token at all. He and Sean braved the wind and the rain to help us Sat.
Igal is still on the fence as is NEWMAN and Chris Acarrdo.
Who else? It is about an 11 hour drive from Ft Worth. 11 measly hours. Much less for you Backmarker boys. Come on J-Dub. Even if Pierson can't muster the courage, you can come along. You must bring Sherman though, we need a meticulous mechanic.
Robin is picking me and my bike up in DFW and we will leave on Thursday to make the Friday practice day. We will have room for SuZette's bike too. Yuliya will meet us at Barber Thursday night.

Cathy Page
08-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Ok, so maybe it wasn't such a good idea trying to have a gathering for Barber discussion after a six hour endurance. It was dark, and cold, yes cold, and everyone was scattering is search of dry clothes and warm food.

Here are the committed ones to date:
Me aka: Weeble
Robin
Yuliya
The three of us will be running the Saturday endurance, Robin and myself will also be running Sunday sprints. SuZette will know by weeks end if she can join in the fun.
Tracy, who has been traveling far and wide to support the "Buttercup" bike at the races will also be joining us as our token pit Biatch.
Not really token at all. He and Sean braved the wind and the rain to help us Sat.
Igal is still on the fence as is NEWMAN and Chris Acarrdo.
Who else? It is about an 11 hour drive from Ft Worth. 11 measly hours. Much less for you Backmarker boys. Come on J-Dub. Even if Pierson can't muster the courage, you can come along. You must bring Sherman though, we need a meticulous mechanic.
Robin is picking me and my bike up in DFW and we will leave on Thursday to make the Friday practice day. We will have room for SuZette's bike too. Yuliya will meet us at Barber Thursday night.

binskies
08-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Woohoo! I can't wait. Come on you boys, you're not gonna let a few measley girls show you up, are you????????????

binskies
08-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Woohoo! I can't wait. Come on you boys, you're not gonna let a few measley girls show you up, are you????????????

Igal
08-22-2005, 08:01 PM
ill be in lafayette that week prior for training. i think i get out friday at noon. ill head up to barber from there. at least that is the plan so far.

Igal
08-22-2005, 08:01 PM
ill be in lafayette that week prior for training. i think i get out friday at noon. ill head up to barber from there. at least that is the plan so far.

Cathy Page
08-23-2005, 12:14 PM
The Barber scoop is in............

Our CMRA license is honored at the Barber race. If you want to go to the GNF though, you will need to purchase a WERA license to get your points and qualify.
I called and was able to determine that our three bikes could run the numbers we have for both endurance and sprints. No need to duct tape our pretty number plates.

I know you boys don't want to break a nail looking up this info so here is what I've found....
20.00 gate fee
90.00 for Friday practice
200.00 for 4 hour endurance
70.00, 60.00, 50.00....... for sprints
Pre registration closes 10 days prior if by fax and 15 days prior if by snail mail.
Come on Duke, NEWMAN, Chris, Igal, David, J-Dub, Sherman, Beasley............any other Smack Pack'ers want to step up?

It's eleven hours from Ft Worth.

Cathy Page
08-23-2005, 12:14 PM
The Barber scoop is in............

Our CMRA license is honored at the Barber race. If you want to go to the GNF though, you will need to purchase a WERA license to get your points and qualify.
I called and was able to determine that our three bikes could run the numbers we have for both endurance and sprints. No need to duct tape our pretty number plates.

I know you boys don't want to break a nail looking up this info so here is what I've found....
20.00 gate fee
90.00 for Friday practice
200.00 for 4 hour endurance
70.00, 60.00, 50.00....... for sprints
Pre registration closes 10 days prior if by fax and 15 days prior if by snail mail.
Come on Duke, NEWMAN, Chris, Igal, David, J-Dub, Sherman, Beasley............any other Smack Pack'ers want to step up?

It's eleven hours from Ft Worth.

Cathy Page
08-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Although my conversation today with WERA had me believing that any racer who doesn't have an interest in the GNF doesn't need to buy a license, the rulebook states that all endurance riders must have a current WERA license. Sprint rides do not. Per the rulebook.

Cathy Page
08-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Although my conversation today with WERA had me believing that any racer who doesn't have an interest in the GNF doesn't need to buy a license, the rulebook states that all endurance riders must have a current WERA license. Sprint rides do not. Per the rulebook.

Jonathan Wright
08-23-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm the chick with the pink bike, daisy stickers all over it, lots of cute flowers and fufu stuff around my little pit area. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>Not to be confused with Sherman's "My Little Pony" bike! (See Smack Thread #31)

Jonathan Wright
08-23-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm the chick with the pink bike, daisy stickers all over it, lots of cute flowers and fufu stuff around my little pit area. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>Not to be confused with Sherman's "My Little Pony" bike! (See Smack Thread #31)

FastF4iGirl
08-23-2005, 06:34 PM
OK, I am definitely IN for the trip as well.

Zette

FastF4iGirl
08-23-2005, 06:34 PM

Zette

binskies
08-23-2005, 08:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Susette Dupuis:

Zette </div></div>Woohoo!!!!!!! Are you sprinting, too????

binskies
08-23-2005, 08:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Susette Dupuis:

Zette </div></div>Woohoo!!!!!!! Are you sprinting, too????

Merry Burleson
08-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Boy, Id sure like to get some more riding in at Barber....Ill be there anyway. It sure was a fun track! not sure Id be fast enough to compete but I think Im consistant... (consistantly pokey that is)

Merry Burleson
08-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Boy, Id sure like to get some more riding in at Barber....Ill be there anyway. It sure was a fun track! not sure Id be fast enough to compete but I think Im consistant... (consistantly pokey that is)

Frank Newman
08-24-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm in for sure. I have a client who, in a burst of ill-advised enthusiasm, offered to loan me either his toy hauler trailer and truck or his motorhome. I will be big timing it.

Frank Newman
08-24-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm in for sure. I have a client who, in a burst of ill-advised enthusiasm, offered to loan me either his toy hauler trailer and truck or his motorhome. I will be big timing it.

Jeff Duke
08-24-2005, 11:00 AM
To the "usual suspects"... I'm working on a hall pass right now and it looks pretty good at this point!

Igal and Frank, if this works out, I'm definitly "bringing something for ya"!!!

P.S. Good idea, Cathy! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Jeff Duke
08-24-2005, 11:00 AM
To the "usual suspects"... I'm working on a hall pass right now and it looks pretty good at this point!

Igal and Frank, if this works out, I'm definitly "bringing something for ya"!!!

P.S. Good idea, Cathy! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Frank Newman
08-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Hope you can make it. Remember, this is a National Challenge Series. WERA doesn't have many classes for a superbike SV in the Challenge Series.

Frank Newman
08-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Hope you can make it. Remember, this is a National Challenge Series. WERA doesn't have many classes for a superbike SV in the Challenge Series.

Igal
08-24-2005, 01:01 PM
ok i dont know if i will be able to make it anymore. just found out yesterday that the better half will need to be out of town thurs and friday for work. that leaves me at home alone as mr. mom. that means i cant be in louisiana for training. that means i wont be in alabama for racing. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

unless i find someone who wants to adopt our kid for a couple weekdays im not gonna make it.

***working the situation***

Igal
08-24-2005, 01:01 PM
ok i dont know if i will be able to make it anymore. just found out yesterday that the better half will need to be out of town thurs and friday for work. that leaves me at home alone as mr. mom. that means i cant be in louisiana for training. that means i wont be in alabama for racing. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

unless i find someone who wants to adopt our kid for a couple weekdays im not gonna make it.

***working the situation***

Yuliya Marcer
08-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Bring him along, we could use a mascot /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Yuliya Marcer
08-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Bring him along, we could use a mascot /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jonathan Wright
08-25-2005, 05:02 PM
To my friends in Two *sssniiiifff* Finger racing: I'm unsure as to my participation in this great endeavor. Financial reality is slowly setting in...I'm hoping for a late minute reprieve but that is, however, unlikely.

It's killin' me, man. I'd really like to go.

Jonathan Wright
08-25-2005, 05:02 PM
To my friends in Two *sssniiiifff* Finger racing: I'm unsure as to my participation in this great endeavor. Financial reality is slowly setting in...I'm hoping for a late minute reprieve but that is, however, unlikely.

It's killin' me, man. I'd really like to go.

binskies
08-25-2005, 05:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jonathan Wright:

It's killin' me, man. I'd really like to go. </div></div>Remind me to smack you the next time I see you

binskies
08-25-2005, 05:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jonathan Wright:

It's killin' me, man. I'd really like to go. </div></div>Remind me to smack you the next time I see you

Cathy Page
08-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah, J Dub...............wassup wit' that?

Cathy Page
08-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah, J Dub...............wassup wit' that?

Jonathan Wright
08-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Need da moolah, da clams, da benjamins, cashola, payola, payment, dough.

Now if you folks wanna start a "Help J-Dub Fund" I'll be VERY appreciative.

Maybe I could be ya'll's bit beyotch for the race. I'm not afraid!

ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Wait a minute....you kids got a spot for another bike or able to pull a BIIGGG trailer? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

If I can avoid towing my stuff by myself that would make life much easier...and since you guys will most likely be cruising through the Rock anyway...

Somebody shoot me a PM. Lemme think about it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Oh, Robin....don't slap me around too much, I might like it.

(This edit goes out to the guys who aren't afraid to let their femine side show)

Jonathan Wright
08-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Need da moolah, da clams, da benjamins, cashola, payola, payment, dough.

Now if you folks wanna start a "Help J-Dub Fund" I'll be VERY appreciative.

Maybe I could be ya'll's bit beyotch for the race. I'm not afraid!

ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Wait a minute....you kids got a spot for another bike or able to pull a BIIGGG trailer? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

If I can avoid towing my stuff by myself that would make life much easier...and since you guys will most likely be cruising through the Rock anyway...

Somebody shoot me a PM. Lemme think about it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Oh, Robin....don't slap me around too much, I might like it.

(This edit goes out to the guys who aren't afraid to let their femine side show)

FastF4iGirl
08-25-2005, 09:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Robin Hodson:
Woohoo!!!!!!! Are you sprinting, too???? </div></div>Well, I'll be bringing my sprint bike, but I don't think we (my stock SV and me) actually run fast enough to call it a 'SPRINT'... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif It'll be more like a Sunday Gallop with no cops and more corners & hills than I ever see in this neck of the woods... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

And Merry, you tell that Too-Many-Bike-Having-Go-So-Fast-Husband of yours to SHARE, dangit!!! We need you on the grid, FOR REAL, YO!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Cheers,
PigTails

FastF4iGirl
08-25-2005, 09:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Robin Hodson:
Woohoo!!!!!!! Are you sprinting, too???? </div></div>Well, I'll be bringing my sprint bike, but I don't think we (my stock SV and me) actually run fast enough to call it a 'SPRINT'... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif It'll be more like a Sunday Gallop with no cops and more corners & hills than I ever see in this neck of the woods... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

And Merry, you tell that Too-Many-Bike-Having-Go-So-Fast-Husband of yours to SHARE, dangit!!! We need you on the grid, FOR REAL, YO!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Cheers,
PigTails

redelk
08-26-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm in the same boat as JW (Ya'll think BMR pays my way? BAHAHAHAHAHA!). I'll make OH, but TWS is likely out for me.I love Barber and would love even more to wear the collar and leash for you FIIIIIIIINE ladies, but if JW and I can not work out the $$$$$ issue, it's just a mere fantasy.

edited in sadness

redelk
08-26-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm in the same boat as JW (Ya'll think BMR pays my way? BAHAHAHAHAHA!). I'll make OH, but TWS is likely out for me.I love Barber and would love even more to wear the collar and leash for you FIIIIIIIINE ladies, but if JW and I can not work out the $$$$$ issue, it's just a mere fantasy.

edited in sadness

Jonathan Wright
08-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Werd. It's official. I'm out, much to my dismay.

Jonathan Wright
08-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Werd. It's official. I'm out, much to my dismay.

binskies
08-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Werd. It's official. I'm out, much to my dismay. </div></div>**sniff**

I'm not going if you're not.

NOT! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I'll be too busy having fun on the best track in the country. Who are you again???

binskies
08-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Werd. It's official. I'm out, much to my dismay. </div></div>**sniff**

I'm not going if you're not.

NOT! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I'll be too busy having fun on the best track in the country. Who are you again???

Yuliya Marcer
08-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Ahh, poor Jonathan, so young, so whipped..
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_whipped.gif

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Yuliya Marcer
08-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Ahh, poor Jonathan, so young, so whipped..
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_whipped.gif

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

mnellis
08-27-2005, 05:53 PM
For those that havent ridden this track here are some video's that'll get your blood pumpin. I was there in May for two days and this first video is my favorite. It's a HUGE file (150mb or so) but it starts off with a nice overview of the museum. Additionally, I get my :02 seconds of fame near the end. I think the two riders chasing each other were running :43's or so.

http://www.vaporblue.com/rogue/Barber%20final.wmv

This second video is nice because it doesn't use music, but instead, you can hear the sweet sound of that inline 4.

http://www.gormanonline.com/videos/stt/STT_at_BMP_session1_map.wmv

Work is in the way of me joining you out there but have a great time and enjoy the videos.

mnellis
08-27-2005, 05:53 PM
For those that havent ridden this track here are some video's that'll get your blood pumpin. I was there in May for two days and this first video is my favorite. It's a HUGE file (150mb or so) but it starts off with a nice overview of the museum. Additionally, I get my :02 seconds of fame near the end. I think the two riders chasing each other were running :43's or so.

http://www.vaporblue.com/rogue/Barber%20final.wmv

This second video is nice because it doesn't use music, but instead, you can hear the sweet sound of that inline 4.

http://www.gormanonline.com/videos/stt/STT_at_BMP_session1_map.wmv

Work is in the way of me joining you out there but have a great time and enjoy the videos.

Jonathan Wright
08-30-2005, 10:40 AM
To say I'm jealous would be downplaying what I'm truely thinking.

I just blew up my dirtbike. Cylinder is scored, water in the crankcase, prolly toasted crank, too.

I WAS leading my class in the hare scramble series here.

Boo, hoo, hoo.

I'm SUCH a pansy loser and I'm really feeling sorry for myself.

I deserve a good beating.

Jonathan Wright
08-30-2005, 10:40 AM
To say I'm jealous would be downplaying what I'm truely thinking.

I just blew up my dirtbike. Cylinder is scored, water in the crankcase, prolly toasted crank, too.

I WAS leading my class in the hare scramble series here.

Boo, hoo, hoo.

I'm SUCH a pansy loser and I'm really feeling sorry for myself.

I deserve a good beating.

08-30-2005, 02:33 PM
need a new bike? I got a nice KX125 for sale /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

08-30-2005, 02:33 PM
need a new bike? I got a nice KX125 for sale /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif