PDA

View Full Version : Wassup with Cresson???

shane carter
09-13-2002, 04:52 PM
Are we running it backwards, forwards, side to side. Whats the lowdown for the show down???
:-)

shane carter
09-13-2002, 04:52 PM
Are we running it backwards, forwards, side to side. Whats the lowdown for the show down???
:-)

Aaron Hlavaty
09-13-2002, 06:05 PM
Lets run it upside down and backwards! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Aaron Hlavaty
09-13-2002, 06:05 PM
Lets run it upside down and backwards! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Charles Brothers
09-13-2002, 10:36 PM
The current plan is to try it backwards.

Charles Brothers
09-13-2002, 10:36 PM
The current plan is to try it backwards.

eric hagerty
09-13-2002, 10:55 PM
Seriously!
The plan is fixed to run backwards? Have I missed it being posted somewhere?

eric hagerty
09-13-2002, 10:55 PM
Seriously!
The plan is fixed to run backwards? Have I missed it being posted somewhere?

steve899
09-13-2002, 11:03 PM
Eric , You going to run it backwards. Where is the reverse gear on the R6. later, steve899

steve899
09-13-2002, 11:03 PM
Eric , You going to run it backwards. Where is the reverse gear on the R6. later, steve899

Linz Leard
09-13-2002, 11:06 PM
Perhaps no one should be allowed to run it backwards until that race weekend so it's a fair learning curve for everyone - just like Hallett. Can we enforce this?

Linz Leard
09-13-2002, 11:06 PM
Perhaps no one should be allowed to run it backwards until that race weekend so it's a fair learning curve for everyone - just like Hallett. Can we enforce this?

waytooslow
09-14-2002, 08:47 AM
Well that takes me out of my first race.... such is life.

sm

waytooslow
09-14-2002, 08:47 AM
Well that takes me out of my first race.... such is life.

sm

Steve McNamara
09-14-2002, 08:55 AM
We will "maybe" run the A group at our Oct. 7th MSR Trackday backwards if the decision is made by the CMRA to race that direction. I feel Jeff needs all the help in the points he can get. :-)
Sorry, Linz......

Steve McNamara
09-14-2002, 08:55 AM
We will "maybe" run the A group at our Oct. 7th MSR Trackday backwards if the decision is made by the CMRA to race that direction. I feel Jeff needs all the help in the points he can get. :-)
Sorry, Linz......

waytooslow
09-14-2002, 09:02 AM
I would just hate to run my first race as a prov/nov on a track backwards. Pit road entrance "on" looks like it would be a nightmare. Or am I wrong?

Damn, all those track days, learning the track.. only to be whammied. Plus I only know how to turn left... lol

scott

waytooslow
09-14-2002, 09:02 AM
I would just hate to run my first race as a prov/nov on a track backwards. Pit road entrance "on" looks like it would be a nightmare. Or am I wrong?

Damn, all those track days, learning the track.. only to be whammied. Plus I only know how to turn left... lol

scott

cedestech
09-14-2002, 09:27 AM
Your wrong. Backwards pit out would be easier
then normal.

cedestech
09-14-2002, 09:27 AM
Your wrong. Backwards pit out would be easier
then normal.

waytooslow
09-14-2002, 09:38 AM
I don't see how... explain if you would... of course I don't know the line backwards.. seems like it would be awful close.. not to mention... speed would be up compared to normal.. of course I am a newbie, so please forgive..

sm

waytooslow
09-14-2002, 09:38 AM
I don't see how... explain if you would... of course I don't know the line backwards.. seems like it would be awful close.. not to mention... speed would be up compared to normal.. of course I am a newbie, so please forgive..

sm

Linz Leard
09-14-2002, 10:20 AM
I haven't ridden it backwards (yet), but pit-out would be easier and safer in my opinion. A rider would be on the inside of the track, going slow, whereas all the traffic on the track would be to the outside of the track, coming out of the Rattlesnake - relatively slow - but accelerating.

Pit in might be a bit of a funk because a rider would be coming into the Wagon Wheel quickly but decelerating. The rider would have to communicate clearly that he/she was pitting, and would concurrently have to slow down enough and get far enough to the outside of the track so that he/she could make the pit entrance. This seems do-able, albeit a little tricky because the Wagon Wheel is off-camber. It's possible that a pitting rider can be taken out by a racer behind/beside him/her who tucks the front end and slides to the outside of the track. Of course, all tracks have some sort of inhierant dangers, and I believe this would be minimal at worst.

I don't have a problem with going clockwise at MSR! It'd be fun and different!

I would expect that lap times would be slower by a little bit. That's just a guess, though. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Linz Leard
09-14-2002, 10:20 AM
I haven't ridden it backwards (yet), but pit-out would be easier and safer in my opinion. A rider would be on the inside of the track, going slow, whereas all the traffic on the track would be to the outside of the track, coming out of the Rattlesnake - relatively slow - but accelerating.

Pit in might be a bit of a funk because a rider would be coming into the Wagon Wheel quickly but decelerating. The rider would have to communicate clearly that he/she was pitting, and would concurrently have to slow down enough and get far enough to the outside of the track so that he/she could make the pit entrance. This seems do-able, albeit a little tricky because the Wagon Wheel is off-camber. It's possible that a pitting rider can be taken out by a racer behind/beside him/her who tucks the front end and slides to the outside of the track. Of course, all tracks have some sort of inhierant dangers, and I believe this would be minimal at worst.

I don't have a problem with going clockwise at MSR! It'd be fun and different!

I would expect that lap times would be slower by a little bit. That's just a guess, though. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Eddie Burk
09-14-2002, 10:56 AM
Guess we need another post from Keith about forgetting what you know and learning something new. Don't know about Cresson, but Hallett was 'da bomb going the other way.

Eddie Burk
09-14-2002, 10:56 AM
Guess we need another post from Keith about forgetting what you know and learning something new. Don't know about Cresson, but Hallett was 'da bomb going the other way.

Keith Hertell
09-14-2002, 11:47 AM
ED - Here it is!

Scott - Being a newbie you should be happier than anyone coming to a track that most have not ridden. (Kinda equals the playing field) Treat this like a NEW track. You're gonna be learning new tracks anyway so what's the difference?
IMHO

PS: If this works CMRA will now have 6 tracks to race on per year, as opposed to 4. More like a REAL series than some other clubs in the nation racing at just 1 or 2 tracks.

Keith Hertell
09-14-2002, 11:47 AM
ED - Here it is!

Scott - Being a newbie you should be happier than anyone coming to a track that most have not ridden. (Kinda equals the playing field) Treat this like a NEW track. You're gonna be learning new tracks anyway so what's the difference?
IMHO

PS: If this works CMRA will now have 6 tracks to race on per year, as opposed to 4. More like a REAL series than some other clubs in the nation racing at just 1 or 2 tracks.

Jeff Grant
09-14-2002, 04:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Steve McNamara:
I feel Jeff needs all the help in the points he can get. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>You're a bud Stevo, but unfortunately, I'm a bit too far behind in points to make THAT big of a difference. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Hmmm... thinkin' about it though.

Jeff Grant
09-14-2002, 04:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Steve McNamara:
I feel Jeff needs all the help in the points he can get. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>You're a bud Stevo, but unfortunately, I'm a bit too far behind in points to make THAT big of a difference. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Hmmm... thinkin' about it though.

Jeff6R
09-14-2002, 06:03 PM
Yeah, when was it decided to go backwards? I thought the decision was to try Hallett (which did work out rather well), and not do Cresson. Anyway, I would be quite happy if the LSTD would go backwards if the CMRA is. It would be just like Hallett in that the people who can get out there for the practice would be a little better off. Besides some of us need a little time on a new track to get up to speed. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jeff6R
09-14-2002, 06:03 PM
Yeah, when was it decided to go backwards? I thought the decision was to try Hallett (which did work out rather well), and not do Cresson. Anyway, I would be quite happy if the LSTD would go backwards if the CMRA is. It would be just like Hallett in that the people who can get out there for the practice would be a little better off. Besides some of us need a little time on a new track to get up to speed. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jonny 748
09-14-2002, 07:13 PM
Hey Lonestar guys.
If you're running A- group that way shouldn't you run B & C group also to avoid in/out confusion and placement of corner workers and ambulances and such?
Just my $.01
I'm gonna try to make it - but it's a long way from Vancouver.

Jonny

Jonny 748
09-14-2002, 07:13 PM
Hey Lonestar guys.
If you're running A- group that way shouldn't you run B & C group also to avoid in/out confusion and placement of corner workers and ambulances and such?
Just my $.01
I'm gonna try to make it - but it's a long way from Vancouver.

Jonny

Jeff Grant
09-14-2002, 07:34 PM
We are going to see what the CMRA's definitive "direction" is, then go from there... if it's run backwards, then we will run our track day backwards... and vice versa. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jeff Grant
09-14-2002, 07:34 PM
We are going to see what the CMRA's definitive "direction" is, then go from there... if it's run backwards, then we will run our track day backwards... and vice versa. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eddie Burk
09-14-2002, 08:21 PM
Hey Keith, if we decide to run Hallett & Msr both ways next year, wouldn't that mean we would need to go to both of them twice as many times /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eddie Burk
09-14-2002, 08:21 PM
Hey Keith, if we decide to run Hallett & Msr both ways next year, wouldn't that mean we would need to go to both of them twice as many times /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eric hagerty
09-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eric hagerty
09-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

E. Templet
09-14-2002, 11:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Hagerty:
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....!!

E. Templet
09-14-2002, 11:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Hagerty:
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....!!

Steve Breen
09-15-2002, 12:57 PM
right on, 2 thumbs up for Cresson backwards...

That'll be a good time fer sure!

Steve Breen
09-15-2002, 12:57 PM
right on, 2 thumbs up for Cresson backwards...

That'll be a good time fer sure!

Chris Fields
09-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Backwards both days - Saturday and Sunday? There was a comment some time ago that tracks were to be run backwards for sprints only.

Chris Fields
09-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Backwards both days - Saturday and Sunday? There was a comment some time ago that tracks were to be run backwards for sprints only.

shane carter
09-16-2002, 12:11 PM
Linz quote: (Perhaps no one should be allowed to run it backwards until that race weekend so it's a fair learning curve for everyone - just like Hallett. Can we enforce this?)

Why don't we boy cot all track days, shut down LSTD to, ban all $1k to $2k motorcycle memberships at cresson. Knock off all pre race practice. See where I'm going with that mentality? I don't meen to sound like a smart azz. But I have a bud who's one two championships this season and he somed it up in one quote. (if ya gona beez da boss, ya gots to pays da costs) right now he's at the Haner school at world. Meaning ya have to be there if you get the opporinity to practice. Ya got to do what you got to do. The hard core guys know this to be true. Its not about keeping the playing field level, it's about who wants it the most and is willing to do what it takes to get it. Yall can sure enough bet that I will figure out some way to get some practice backwards before race day.
just my 02

shane carter
09-16-2002, 12:11 PM
Linz quote: (Perhaps no one should be allowed to run it backwards until that race weekend so it's a fair learning curve for everyone - just like Hallett. Can we enforce this?)

Why don't we boy cot all track days, shut down LSTD to, ban all $1k to $2k motorcycle memberships at cresson. Knock off all pre race practice. See where I'm going with that mentality? I don't meen to sound like a smart azz. But I have a bud who's one two championships this season and he somed it up in one quote. (if ya gona beez da boss, ya gots to pays da costs) right now he's at the Haner school at world. Meaning ya have to be there if you get the opporinity to practice. Ya got to do what you got to do. The hard core guys know this to be true. Its not about keeping the playing field level, it's about who wants it the most and is willing to do what it takes to get it. Yall can sure enough bet that I will figure out some way to get some practice backwards before race day.
just my 02

Linz Leard
09-16-2002, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shane carter:
[QB]Why don't we boy cot all track days, shut down LSTD to, ban all $1k to $2k motorcycle memberships at cresson. Knock off all pre race practice. See where I'm going with that mentality?

L2 Sez: Uh...no, not really. I didn't say to do any of those things you just mentioned. In fact, I have been to an LSTD function and it was quite fun, but that is incidental to my suggestion.

[QB]I don't meen to sound like a smart azz. But I have a bud who's one two championships this season and he somed it up in one quote. (if ya gona beez da boss, ya gots to pays da costs) right now he's at the Haner school at world. Meaning ya have to be there if you get the opporinity to practice. Ya got to do what you got to do.

L2 sez: Hey, good for your "bud" who has "one" two championships! I've never argued your point here, which I think, if I can weed my way through the gangsta rap, is something like "do what you can to be successful." Which begs the question - "Why aren't you there at TWS today with your bud?" Anyway, your logic is only good to a point at which club racing crosses the line into pro racing. Where is that line? I don't know. Remember, this IS club racing. I suppose it is not really designed to be budget racing, but most people that club race have day jobs and sometimes simply making the races on the weekends can be more than the budget will allow at times. Hell, even making track days for some of the LSTD guys can create a conflict. When I was at the LSTD track day at Cresson in August, there were a couple of LSTD guys that couldn't make the day because they were working or what-have-you. So, advantage: those that can get seat time. Which, by the way, has always been something I have "taught" to newbie riders - there is no substitute for seat time at the track. Period. Now and forever more.

[QB]The hard core guys know this to be true. Its not about keeping the playing field level, it's about who wants it the most and is willing to do what it takes to get it.

L2 Sez: I can agree with this, and hard core, too! I have been around this sport a long time and I have watched less talented people win championships over more talented riders because the more talented riders didn't have the means to make all the races over the course of the season. This shouldn't cheapen the championship for the guy who did win, however. Racing is racing, and as King Kenny put it years ago, "If you're gonna race, race!"

[QB]Yall can sure enough bet that I will figure out some way to get some practice backwards before race day.

L2 sez: Well, that should be easy - www.lonestartrackdays.com. (http://www.lonestartrackdays.com.) Go, have fun and get you some practice going clockwise!

Linz Leard
09-16-2002, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shane carter:
[QB]Why don't we boy cot all track days, shut down LSTD to, ban all $1k to $2k motorcycle memberships at cresson. Knock off all pre race practice. See where I'm going with that mentality?

L2 Sez: Uh...no, not really. I didn't say to do any of those things you just mentioned. In fact, I have been to an LSTD function and it was quite fun, but that is incidental to my suggestion.

[QB]I don't meen to sound like a smart azz. But I have a bud who's one two championships this season and he somed it up in one quote. (if ya gona beez da boss, ya gots to pays da costs) right now he's at the Haner school at world. Meaning ya have to be there if you get the opporinity to practice. Ya got to do what you got to do.

L2 sez: Hey, good for your "bud" who has "one" two championships! I've never argued your point here, which I think, if I can weed my way through the gangsta rap, is something like "do what you can to be successful." Which begs the question - "Why aren't you there at TWS today with your bud?" Anyway, your logic is only good to a point at which club racing crosses the line into pro racing. Where is that line? I don't know. Remember, this IS club racing. I suppose it is not really designed to be budget racing, but most people that club race have day jobs and sometimes simply making the races on the weekends can be more than the budget will allow at times. Hell, even making track days for some of the LSTD guys can create a conflict. When I was at the LSTD track day at Cresson in August, there were a couple of LSTD guys that couldn't make the day because they were working or what-have-you. So, advantage: those that can get seat time. Which, by the way, has always been something I have "taught" to newbie riders - there is no substitute for seat time at the track. Period. Now and forever more.

[QB]The hard core guys know this to be true. Its not about keeping the playing field level, it's about who wants it the most and is willing to do what it takes to get it.

L2 Sez: I can agree with this, and hard core, too! I have been around this sport a long time and I have watched less talented people win championships over more talented riders because the more talented riders didn't have the means to make all the races over the course of the season. This shouldn't cheapen the championship for the guy who did win, however. Racing is racing, and as King Kenny put it years ago, "If you're gonna race, race!"

[QB]Yall can sure enough bet that I will figure out some way to get some practice backwards before race day.

L2 sez: Well, that should be easy - www.lonestartrackdays.com. (http://www.lonestartrackdays.com.) Go, have fun and get you some practice going clockwise!

shane carter
09-16-2002, 01:44 PM
(why aint I down there with my bud)
reply:
I would have had to stop and rob a conveniant store somewhere along the way. All the worry that is involved after that takes all the fun out of the track day. lol
Seriously: You said it,,, "BUDGET". I didn't have the 340.00 to throw out for it prior to a race wk.end. Saving up pennies for next week. Maybe I can talk him into telling me what Haner said though.. :-)

shane carter
09-16-2002, 01:44 PM
(why aint I down there with my bud)
reply:
I would have had to stop and rob a conveniant store somewhere along the way. All the worry that is involved after that takes all the fun out of the track day. lol
Seriously: You said it,,, "BUDGET". I didn't have the 340.00 to throw out for it prior to a race wk.end. Saving up pennies for next week. Maybe I can talk him into telling me what Haner said though.. :-)