PDA

View Full Version : trailers

waytooslow
09-30-2002, 12:05 PM
Okay some questions on trailers... I found a good deal on a 6x12 enclosed trailer single axle, but how many bikes can that thing hold... is it better to hold out for a 7 or bigger wide, dual axles etc.?? Pro and cons?? ---

... all opinions accepted... confused again...

thanks
scott

waytooslow
09-30-2002, 12:05 PM
Okay some questions on trailers... I found a good deal on a 6x12 enclosed trailer single axle, but how many bikes can that thing hold... is it better to hold out for a 7 or bigger wide, dual axles etc.?? Pro and cons?? ---

... all opinions accepted... confused again...

thanks
scott

Eric Kelcher
09-30-2002, 12:34 PM
I have outfitted one so that it can haul three bikes. and I don't mean pit bikes we have had three GSXR750's in there.
Granted it was very very tight and we did have some damage when a bike was not tied down right.
Two bikes forward one backwards.

I would say two race bikes and a pit or YSR with gear is the most you really want to carry.

Anything can pull a 6x12x6 even my little 4 cylinder 105 hp Dodge Ram 50 could do it.

If you have the power to pull it (full size truck/SUV, with V8 or diesel) then I prefer the tandem axle trailers.

Eric Kelcher
09-30-2002, 12:34 PM
I have outfitted one so that it can haul three bikes. and I don't mean pit bikes we have had three GSXR750's in there.
Granted it was very very tight and we did have some damage when a bike was not tied down right.
Two bikes forward one backwards.

I would say two race bikes and a pit or YSR with gear is the most you really want to carry.

Anything can pull a 6x12x6 even my little 4 cylinder 105 hp Dodge Ram 50 could do it.

If you have the power to pull it (full size truck/SUV, with V8 or diesel) then I prefer the tandem axle trailers.