PDA

View Full Version : CBR F4i gearing

twg
11-12-2002, 07:20 AM
How big a change in teeth should one make when trying different rear sprockets? My bike came with a 46 and I was thinking of a 49. My thought is that I want to up the rpm out of a few turns where I seem to be running in the bike's flat spot (8000). Downshifting makes too big a change.

Thanks,

twg

twg
11-12-2002, 07:20 AM
How big a change in teeth should one make when trying different rear sprockets? My bike came with a 46 and I was thinking of a 49. My thought is that I want to up the rpm out of a few turns where I seem to be running in the bike's flat spot (8000). Downshifting makes too big a change.

Thanks,

twg

Bailey
11-12-2002, 04:30 PM
Tom:

A couple of things to consider.

Increase your entry speed, this will keep the revs up so you donít drop off on the drive out. Also look at maximum speed at the end of the straight. This will help determine the best sprocket selection for each track.

Texas World has a long straight so a 15x45 may be a good selection.
Motorsport is shorter, a 14x47 in fifth gear could give you the best top end and drive out of the corners.

Bailey
11-12-2002, 04:30 PM
Tom:

A couple of things to consider.

Increase your entry speed, this will keep the revs up so you donít drop off on the drive out. Also look at maximum speed at the end of the straight. This will help determine the best sprocket selection for each track.

Texas World has a long straight so a 15x45 may be a good selection.
Motorsport is shorter, a 14x47 in fifth gear could give you the best top end and drive out of the corners.

twg
11-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Thanks Bailey. I kind of thought it would end up being more than one sprocket and a quick fix. I guess the days of just riding around the track are over, now I really need to go out, get times, come in, change stuff, go out, get times, ......well that sounds fun too. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

twg

twg
11-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Thanks Bailey. I kind of thought it would end up being more than one sprocket and a quick fix. I guess the days of just riding around the track are over, now I really need to go out, get times, come in, change stuff, go out, get times, ......well that sounds fun too. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

twg