PDA

View Full Version : SV fuel mileage?

SMILEYMAN
12-24-2002, 08:26 AM
Does any one want to volunteer how far an SV will endurance on a tank of fuel? How much time or laps possible with stock tank at TWS, Cresson, Hallett? Any info you provide may keep me from having a heart attack pushing it back to the pits! Thanks! Smiley

SMILEYMAN
12-24-2002, 08:26 AM
Does any one want to volunteer how far an SV will endurance on a tank of fuel? How much time or laps possible with stock tank at TWS, Cresson, Hallett? Any info you provide may keep me from having a heart attack pushing it back to the pits! Thanks! Smiley

ysr612
12-24-2002, 08:38 AM
Jeff kept our milage and I think it was about a little more then 3gal per hour the rider makes about a 20% differnce in usage.

ysr612
12-24-2002, 08:38 AM
Jeff kept our milage and I think it was about a little more then 3gal per hour the rider makes about a 20% differnce in usage.

Rich Desmond
12-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Depends a lot on jetting too, most guys are too rich.

Rich Desmond
12-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Depends a lot on jetting too, most guys are too rich.

Allan Stevens
12-24-2002, 11:13 AM
Rich,How does jetting figure out on a bike that is always sliding on it's side? Do you set it on the lean side? How does one jet a bike with only 4 fingers? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Allan Stevens
12-24-2002, 11:13 AM
Rich,How does jetting figure out on a bike that is always sliding on it's side? Do you set it on the lean side? How does one jet a bike with only 4 fingers? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Rich Desmond
12-24-2002, 01:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Allan Stevens:
Rich,How does jetting figure out on a bike that is always sliding on it's side? Do you set it on the lean side? How does one jet a bike with only 4 fingers? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>Lean, very lean. That's a very special calibration technique, known only to a few. Why, did you have a bike that you wanted me to perform it on?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Rich Desmond
12-24-2002, 01:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Allan Stevens:
Rich,How does jetting figure out on a bike that is always sliding on it's side? Do you set it on the lean side? How does one jet a bike with only 4 fingers? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>Lean, very lean. That's a very special calibration technique, known only to a few. Why, did you have a bike that you wanted me to perform it on?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

CYCLE 1
12-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Rich have been growing fingers again :rolleyes:

CYCLE 1
12-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Rich have been growing fingers again :rolleyes:

nee nee
12-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Hey Scott, do you have any records or notes regarding your jetting at the different tracks on that SV? email me or call

nee nee
12-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Hey Scott, do you have any records or notes regarding your jetting at the different tracks on that SV? email me or call

SMILEYMAN
12-27-2002, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the responses. I have a Dynojet kit set to their specs and everything else is stock. It is richer than stock, but not too rich. It doesn't pop and flood under over run off the gas. Pretty crisp really. With no petcock and the stock warning light disabled I was hoping to get long runs for the longer events without pushing. Any more advice? Smileyman

SMILEYMAN
12-27-2002, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the responses. I have a Dynojet kit set to their specs and everything else is stock. It is richer than stock, but not too rich. It doesn't pop and flood under over run off the gas. Pretty crisp really. With no petcock and the stock warning light disabled I was hoping to get long runs for the longer events without pushing. Any more advice? Smileyman

Rich Desmond
12-27-2002, 04:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by CHRIS SMILEY:
Thanks for the responses. I have a Dynojet kit set to their specs and everything else is stock. It is richer than stock, but not too rich. It doesn't pop and flood under over run off the gas. Pretty crisp really. With no petcock and the stock warning light disabled I was hoping to get long runs for the longer events without pushing. Any more advice? Smileyman</div></div>Weeellll, let's just say you've done what most people do. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Rich Desmond
12-27-2002, 04:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by CHRIS SMILEY:
Thanks for the responses. I have a Dynojet kit set to their specs and everything else is stock. It is richer than stock, but not too rich. It doesn't pop and flood under over run off the gas. Pretty crisp really. With no petcock and the stock warning light disabled I was hoping to get long runs for the longer events without pushing. Any more advice? Smileyman</div></div>Weeellll, let's just say you've done what most people do. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Robin's Roost
01-02-2003, 03:35 PM
The roost's SV burns a little more than 3 gallons per hour at TWS. The gas milage will vary greatly from track to track, or perhaps I should say "gas hourage"(Is that a word?). TWS burns gas faster than the other tracks because your average speed is higher even though the milage might be closer to the same.

To get the straight scoop, you can study the last years lap times for teams riding SV's. You can see how many laps a team puts down between fuel ups, because the pit-in lap is usually a minute longer. You have to look at more than one team so you're not fooled by mechanical problems or red flags.

Even from rider to rider, milage will vary. I get about 5% less milage than my brother on the same bike. I say its cause I'm faster... He sez it 'cause I'm fatter!

Chris
(The good brother)

Robin's Roost
01-02-2003, 03:35 PM
The roost's SV burns a little more than 3 gallons per hour at TWS. The gas milage will vary greatly from track to track, or perhaps I should say "gas hourage"(Is that a word?). TWS burns gas faster than the other tracks because your average speed is higher even though the milage might be closer to the same.

To get the straight scoop, you can study the last years lap times for teams riding SV's. You can see how many laps a team puts down between fuel ups, because the pit-in lap is usually a minute longer. You have to look at more than one team so you're not fooled by mechanical problems or red flags.

Even from rider to rider, milage will vary. I get about 5% less milage than my brother on the same bike. I say its cause I'm faster... He sez it 'cause I'm fatter!

Chris
(The good brother)

SMILEYMAN
01-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Thanks Chris! Good tip...Now if i can figure out a way to mount that cupholder/ashtray my long stint package will be complete! Smiley

SMILEYMAN
01-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Thanks Chris! Good tip...Now if i can figure out a way to mount that cupholder/ashtray my long stint package will be complete! Smiley

Paul OBrien
01-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Last year we ran a little over an hour at TWS on a tank before fuel light came on. Hallett and Cresson was 1:15

wish I was Endurancing again . . . /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Paul OBrien
01-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Last year we ran a little over an hour at TWS on a tank before fuel light came on. Hallett and Cresson was 1:15

wish I was Endurancing again . . . /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif