PDA

View Full Version : Help! Accident (HOLE IN FUEL TANK)!

Tom Thompson
04-05-2003, 12:10 PM
I now have a slit 1 inch X 1/4 inch in the lower side near bottom seam. Any specific ideas? Need it @ Oakhill! You guys need me there to help your confidence! OH YES, It's leaking. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Tom Thompson
04-05-2003, 12:10 PM
I now have a slit 1 inch X 1/4 inch in the lower side near bottom seam. Any specific ideas? Need it @ Oakhill! You guys need me there to help your confidence! OH YES, It's leaking. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Tom Thompson
04-05-2003, 12:55 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif Found a welder that said he could Heliarc it. I'm washing out the gas now. Is this the way to go?

Tom Thompson
04-05-2003, 12:55 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif Found a welder that said he could Heliarc it. I'm washing out the gas now. Is this the way to go?

Rich Desmond
04-05-2003, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Tom Thompson:
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif Found a welder that said he could Heliarc it. I'm washing out the gas now. Is this the way to go?</div></div>Yes.

Rich Desmond
04-05-2003, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Tom Thompson:
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif Found a welder that said he could Heliarc it. I'm washing out the gas now. Is this the way to go?</div></div>Yes.

mark niemi
04-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Wash it out with warm water and detergent about three times. If your guy does not purge it with Argon gas while he's working on it, make sure you stand by a cell phone at least 3 blocks away.
If you can't get it done, give me a call at work at 903-463-3120.I can fix it. Be careful with these things please. They can be quite dangerous.

mark niemi
04-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Wash it out with warm water and detergent about three times. If your guy does not purge it with Argon gas while he's working on it, make sure you stand by a cell phone at least 3 blocks away.
If you can't get it done, give me a call at work at 903-463-3120.I can fix it. Be careful with these things please. They can be quite dangerous.

Tom Thompson
04-05-2003, 05:42 PM
The welder said he was going to fill it with water and weld with the hole on the top (out of the water). He said he has done this before. He is a preacher/biker/welder so, maybe the guy up stairs is looking out for him. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Tom Thompson
04-05-2003, 05:42 PM
The welder said he was going to fill it with water and weld with the hole on the top (out of the water). He said he has done this before. He is a preacher/biker/welder so, maybe the guy up stairs is looking out for him. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Tom Thompson
04-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Thank you Mark! I'll let you know how it all works out...I ordered some sealing prep to treat the inside after I pick it up. Any problems I'll get in touch with you!

Tom Thompson
04-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Thank you Mark! I'll let you know how it all works out...I ordered some sealing prep to treat the inside after I pick it up. Any problems I'll get in touch with you!

Tom Thompson
04-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Rich! Thank you, too.

Tom Thompson
04-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Rich! Thank you, too.

mark niemi
04-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Preacher/biker/welder.......I guess I'm two for three. Tell him use the Argon from now on. It's much safer.

mark niemi
04-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Preacher/biker/welder.......I guess I'm two for three. Tell him use the Argon from now on. It's much safer.