PDA

View Full Version : front end shudder at ohr

darick
04-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Alright....since you guys were so helpful with the temp issue. I'm gonna ask about the nasty shudder when I grab a handful of front brakes.
It usually is worse on initial grab and goes away
as I pull the lever in.

Details on bike are stock calipers and rotors.
No crashes/front end damage. I ran the bike with stock pads till about 8 k on the clock then got new EBC pads then about a month ago I switched to
vesrah pads. Its been doing it since I put the EBC pads on. It shakes the crap out of the mirrors when i put the bike back to street trim.

Am I a candidate for new rotors?

darick
04-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Alright....since you guys were so helpful with the temp issue. I'm gonna ask about the nasty shudder when I grab a handful of front brakes.
It usually is worse on initial grab and goes away
as I pull the lever in.

Details on bike are stock calipers and rotors.
No crashes/front end damage. I ran the bike with stock pads till about 8 k on the clock then got new EBC pads then about a month ago I switched to
vesrah pads. Its been doing it since I put the EBC pads on. It shakes the crap out of the mirrors when i put the bike back to street trim.

Am I a candidate for new rotors?

marcus mcbain
04-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Take a sharpie and hold it about 1mm from the rotor. Sping the wheel. If the rotor touches the sharpie...warped rotors.

You could also have loose steering head bearings, but more than likely it is your rotors.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
04-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Take a sharpie and hold it about 1mm from the rotor. Sping the wheel. If the rotor touches the sharpie...warped rotors.

You could also have loose steering head bearings, but more than likely it is your rotors.

Marcus

SMILEYMAN
04-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Everything I ride shudders at Oak Hill! I even shudder on the way home! Smiley

SMILEYMAN
04-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Everything I ride shudders at Oak Hill! I even shudder on the way home! Smiley

darick
04-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Thanks Marcus.....it was the left rotor /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Time for new ones :rolleyes:

darick
04-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Thanks Marcus.....it was the left rotor /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Time for new ones :rolleyes: