PDA

View Full Version : Paging Jack Giesecke

Rich Desmond
07-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Hey Jack, I've got 2 questions, one kinda dumb and one really dumb.
Kinda dumb:
What tire pressures are you running on the XR?
Really dumb:
Do you run a rim lock?

Thanks

Rich Desmond
07-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Hey Jack, I've got 2 questions, one kinda dumb and one really dumb.
Kinda dumb:
What tire pressures are you running on the XR?
Really dumb:
Do you run a rim lock?

Thanks

Jack Giesecke
07-18-2003, 09:02 PM
Sorry for being slow. Haven't been in here much since the storm. Still on the generator.

1 I run a Stone BT45 on the rear that's for a Buell blast and an Avon race compound on the front, a vintage race tire. I run about 26 in the front 28-29 in the rear cold and it seems to work pretty well.

2 No, unless you're mxing or off road with low tire pressure, you don't need rim locks, just added unsprung weight. They lock the tire when you're running 5 psi in sand or something, but at road race pressures and with XR100 "torque" /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif they are a hindrance rather than a help.

Jack Giesecke
07-18-2003, 09:02 PM
Sorry for being slow. Haven't been in here much since the storm. Still on the generator.

1 I run a Stone BT45 on the rear that's for a Buell blast and an Avon race compound on the front, a vintage race tire. I run about 26 in the front 28-29 in the rear cold and it seems to work pretty well.

2 No, unless you're mxing or off road with low tire pressure, you don't need rim locks, just added unsprung weight. They lock the tire when you're running 5 psi in sand or something, but at road race pressures and with XR100 "torque" /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif they are a hindrance rather than a help.

Rich Desmond
07-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Wow, that's more than I'd figured, thought that maybe we'd start in the 22-23 range, given the total weight. Pirelli's got a tire now (Demon?) in the Blast size, we're gonna try that and see, went with the Avon you recommended up front. Should be fun. Thanks for all the help.

Rich Desmond
07-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Wow, that's more than I'd figured, thought that maybe we'd start in the 22-23 range, given the total weight. Pirelli's got a tire now (Demon?) in the Blast size, we're gonna try that and see, went with the Avon you recommended up front. Should be fun. Thanks for all the help.