PDA

View Full Version : Track Day/Street Tire brand advice

Rusty176
08-12-2003, 12:51 AM
Been out of the big bike thing a couple years, but just got a 2000 R6, and looking to do a few Hallet track days in the near future, but mostly ride street (occasionally a tad agressive, but nothing crazy). Any suggestions on the best tires for the job? Wear is not a concern, but heat cycles and getting greasy/hard are. Dunlop? Metzler? Pirelli? Michelin? I'm so confused!

Rusty176
08-12-2003, 12:51 AM
Been out of the big bike thing a couple years, but just got a 2000 R6, and looking to do a few Hallet track days in the near future, but mostly ride street (occasionally a tad agressive, but nothing crazy). Any suggestions on the best tires for the job? Wear is not a concern, but heat cycles and getting greasy/hard are. Dunlop? Metzler? Pirelli? Michelin? I'm so confused!

Gabe Sanchez
08-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Through my experience the Pirelli heats up a little quicker, but all the tires out there right now are good. I would say try them all. Suspension is very important in making the tires last. Its all about the way the suspension makes the tires react. We currently use Pirelli tires alot of them. Hope this information helps.
Gabe Sanchez

Gabe Sanchez
08-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Through my experience the Pirelli heats up a little quicker, but all the tires out there right now are good. I would say try them all. Suspension is very important in making the tires last. Its all about the way the suspension makes the tires react. We currently use Pirelli tires alot of them. Hope this information helps.
Gabe Sanchez

Aaron Hlavaty
09-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Henry, I have tried the Michelin Pilot Sport at cresson for a four hour endurance and found that they stick surpirsingly well. They will not overcook on the street and will last a while as well. Aaron-A.R.O.C. Racing #6

Aaron Hlavaty
09-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Henry, I have tried the Michelin Pilot Sport at cresson for a four hour endurance and found that they stick surpirsingly well. They will not overcook on the street and will last a while as well. Aaron-A.R.O.C. Racing #6