PDA

View Full Version : case covers for R6

tinman
10-28-2003, 07:28 PM
thinking about running the ol R6 next year and noticed several different types of case covers. any suppliers, websights, experiences, etc. would be appreciated. kinda like the ones i saw that had the sliders on them also but dont have a clue who makes any of them. thanks

tinman
10-28-2003, 07:28 PM
thinking about running the ol R6 next year and noticed several different types of case covers. any suppliers, websights, experiences, etc. would be appreciated. kinda like the ones i saw that had the sliders on them also but dont have a clue who makes any of them. thanks

Barron Houston
10-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Vortex looks the best. They have the grooves on the side.

Barron Houston
10-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Vortex looks the best. They have the grooves on the side.

m novak
10-28-2003, 09:03 PM
Rob, I think Troy Green might make them, or he used to make them....

m novak
10-28-2003, 09:03 PM
Rob, I think Troy Green might make them, or he used to make them....

Michael Hamric
10-28-2003, 10:04 PM
The case covers you saw with sliders were probably Factory. They are a bit pricey at $210(L) and $145(R) (at dealer cost) but they look great and are pretty durable. The sliders work well but replacements have to be ordered directly from Factory Pro at a cost of $30 each (don't ask how I know). NRC makes a durable case cover that is much cheaper, but they also look cheaper. The Vortex looks great and is priced between Factory and NRC but I have never crashed one so I just don't know how they hold up under stress. Based upon experience with other Vortex parts, I'm sure they are quality pieces.

Pick your poison! Good luck, MH

Michael Hamric
10-28-2003, 10:04 PM
The case covers you saw with sliders were probably Factory. They are a bit pricey at $210(L) and $145(R) (at dealer cost) but they look great and are pretty durable. The sliders work well but replacements have to be ordered directly from Factory Pro at a cost of $30 each (don't ask how I know). NRC makes a durable case cover that is much cheaper, but they also look cheaper. The Vortex looks great and is priced between Factory and NRC but I have never crashed one so I just don't know how they hold up under stress. Based upon experience with other Vortex parts, I'm sure they are quality pieces.

Pick your poison! Good luck, MH