PDA

View Full Version : sv forks

180mph
12-10-2003, 01:30 PM
I have 03 gsxr forks,wheels,brakes, will they fit my 02 sv?

180mph
12-10-2003, 01:30 PM
I have 03 gsxr forks,wheels,brakes, will they fit my 02 sv?

CYCLE 1
12-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Dont do it! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

CYCLE 1
12-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Dont do it! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

180mph
12-12-2003, 03:10 PM
why? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

180mph
12-12-2003, 03:10 PM
why? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

CYCLE 1
12-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Should have seen that coming.
#1 to rigid ,need some flex
#2 Lose ability to trail brake
more brakes than needed
#3 cost
#4 except for a few almost all of the fastest
sv pilots prefer a properly set up stock front
end
I would suggest calling Marcus or traxxion or any competent suspension guy and have them set up youre stock forks. with proper springs,oil,lines
@pads /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

CYCLE 1
12-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Should have seen that coming.
#1 to rigid ,need some flex
#2 Lose ability to trail brake
more brakes than needed
#3 cost
#4 except for a few almost all of the fastest
sv pilots prefer a properly set up stock front
end
I would suggest calling Marcus or traxxion or any competent suspension guy and have them set up youre stock forks. with proper springs,oil,lines
@pads /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Rich Desmond
12-12-2003, 04:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by carl merritt:
why? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif </div></div>The majority of the fast SV guys prefer the feel of the stock forks. (Some of us middle of the pack guys do too. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif )
Unless you're running with Fault, Pirtle and Levine your money's better spent on tires and track time.

Rich Desmond
12-12-2003, 04:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by carl merritt:
why? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif </div></div>The majority of the fast SV guys prefer the feel of the stock forks. (Some of us middle of the pack guys do too. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif )
Unless you're running with Fault, Pirtle and Levine your money's better spent on tires and track time.

DwayneSowell
12-12-2003, 04:32 PM
new springs, emulators and some good oil makes all the difference, at least it did for a back of the pack guy like me. Later

DwayneSowell
12-12-2003, 04:32 PM
new springs, emulators and some good oil makes all the difference, at least it did for a back of the pack guy like me. Later

Rich Desmond
12-12-2003, 04:46 PM
One other thing Carl, if you're new to the SV check out this link on Scott's site:

http://www.cycle1.net/sv.htm

and click on the race setup link

Rich Desmond
12-12-2003, 04:46 PM
One other thing Carl, if you're new to the SV check out this link on Scott's site:

http://www.cycle1.net/sv.htm

and click on the race setup link

Mathew Wise
12-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Yes, they should fit if you have the triple clamps and all. We put '01 or '02 GSXR 750 forks on our 01 SV for our endurance team this year. The only thing we needed was to have a spacer machined to go under the top triple clamp. After a t1 incedent at TWS, the stock SV forks were ripped clean off. Would I do this again if I had an SV with stock forks? Probably not. Just have Marcus build your stock forks and put all of the cool stuff in there and you're good to go. If you change your forks, you can only race in the superbike classes, so if it is a sprint bike you can race more races with the stock forks.

...However, since you alreadey have stock GSXR forks, they should perform beter than STOCK SV forks. So, if you don't want to spend any money on your forks, put them on! You can always change it back if you don't like it and then sell your "complete GSXR racing fork conversion package" on e-bay! I don't remember what size the spacer is off the top of my head, but if you are still interested in doing it I can find out for you.

Matt Wise

Mathew Wise
12-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Yes, they should fit if you have the triple clamps and all. We put '01 or '02 GSXR 750 forks on our 01 SV for our endurance team this year. The only thing we needed was to have a spacer machined to go under the top triple clamp. After a t1 incedent at TWS, the stock SV forks were ripped clean off. Would I do this again if I had an SV with stock forks? Probably not. Just have Marcus build your stock forks and put all of the cool stuff in there and you're good to go. If you change your forks, you can only race in the superbike classes, so if it is a sprint bike you can race more races with the stock forks.

...However, since you alreadey have stock GSXR forks, they should perform beter than STOCK SV forks. So, if you don't want to spend any money on your forks, put them on! You can always change it back if you don't like it and then sell your "complete GSXR racing fork conversion package" on e-bay! I don't remember what size the spacer is off the top of my head, but if you are still interested in doing it I can find out for you.

Matt Wise

180mph
12-12-2003, 06:27 PM
I have a complete 03 600 with a bent frame. I want to swap suspension and wheels to my sv.

180mph
12-12-2003, 06:27 PM
I have a complete 03 600 with a bent frame. I want to swap suspension and wheels to my sv.

12-15-2003, 08:07 PM
Hey Mr.Levine ...You old fellers coming back for some more SV challenges ? I got my 696cc motor completly tore down in my garage here..can't see nothing wrong with it just need to go ahead and replace the original main bearings, was a little slop in the them but no unsual wear after 3 years and a big bore kit. The original clutch fibers still in specs. I have to go visit big Jim Cambora at Raceworx he can press in the mains now, he has the tools. Cylinders look perfect.

Cheers

12-15-2003, 08:07 PM
Hey Mr.Levine ...You old fellers coming back for some more SV challenges ? I got my 696cc motor completly tore down in my garage here..can't see nothing wrong with it just need to go ahead and replace the original main bearings, was a little slop in the them but no unsual wear after 3 years and a big bore kit. The original clutch fibers still in specs. I have to go visit big Jim Cambora at Raceworx he can press in the mains now, he has the tools. Cylinders look perfect.

Cheers

CYCLE 1
12-15-2003, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason Pirtle:
[QB] Hey Mr.Levine ...You old fellers coming back for some more SV challenges ? I got my 696cc motor completly tore down in my garage here..can't see nothing wrong with it just need to go ahead and replace the original main bearings, was a little slop in the them but no unsual wear after 3 years and a big bore kit. The original clutch fibers still in specs. I have to go visit big Jim Cambora at Raceworx he can press in the mains now, he has the tools. Cylinders look perfect.

Cheers

Maybe I should come on down and help you we could toss a few down and I will finish the motor while you take a nap. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

CYCLE 1
12-15-2003, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason Pirtle:
[QB] Hey Mr.Levine ...You old fellers coming back for some more SV challenges ? I got my 696cc motor completly tore down in my garage here..can't see nothing wrong with it just need to go ahead and replace the original main bearings, was a little slop in the them but no unsual wear after 3 years and a big bore kit. The original clutch fibers still in specs. I have to go visit big Jim Cambora at Raceworx he can press in the mains now, he has the tools. Cylinders look perfect.

Cheers

Maybe I should come on down and help you we could toss a few down and I will finish the motor while you take a nap. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif