PDA

View Full Version : 01 GSXR 600 Electircal Help Needed

smitht
12-18-2003, 04:28 PM
.......right next to the little fuse box on the ram air tube, there is a relay. This relay was lost in a crash on my bike. I got/borrowed one from a 1000. My starter will not turn over.

What is this relay - the dealership wanted me to buy a whole new harness. - forget that.

Does anybody know what/how this thing is or works.
Are they interchangeable across 600/750/1000's?

smitht
12-18-2003, 04:28 PM
.......right next to the little fuse box on the ram air tube, there is a relay. This relay was lost in a crash on my bike. I got/borrowed one from a 1000. My starter will not turn over.

What is this relay - the dealership wanted me to buy a whole new harness. - forget that.

Does anybody know what/how this thing is or works.
Are they interchangeable across 600/750/1000's?

smitht
12-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Ok, found the problem.

When crash happened, the steering stop broke off the bottom triple tree which allowed full rotation of the steering stem which in turn allowed the fork tube to smash the wiring harness that runs against the frame, severing several wires. Since the wires were in a "rubber hose" type houseing this was next to impossable to spot.

thanks,
Todd

smitht
12-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Ok, found the problem.

When crash happened, the steering stop broke off the bottom triple tree which allowed full rotation of the steering stem which in turn allowed the fork tube to smash the wiring harness that runs against the frame, severing several wires. Since the wires were in a "rubber hose" type houseing this was next to impossable to spot.

thanks,
Todd