PDA

View Full Version : Stock Connectors

TRCMarah
12-26-2003, 09:33 PM
A friend of mine is preparing his bike to race in the 2004 season and has a question. Note page 11 item (g) 'Headlight and tail/brake light housings may be removed. Disconnection must be made at stock connectors. Stock connectors must be intact and operable.' Is this Hard and Fast? He cut out the connector when he installed an Integrator Kit. What options does he have?

TRCMarah
12-26-2003, 09:33 PM
A friend of mine is preparing his bike to race in the 2004 season and has a question. Note page 11 item (g) 'Headlight and tail/brake light housings may be removed. Disconnection must be made at stock connectors. Stock connectors must be intact and operable.' Is this Hard and Fast? He cut out the connector when he installed an Integrator Kit. What options does he have?

Jason Keene
12-26-2003, 09:42 PM
i'm in the same boat... could use a little help here too.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I cut my harness back when i re-routed it for the race bodywork...
"I think" it's okay if i re-connect the ends.
I still have all that I trimmed back. If i re-connect it and make it operable i should be okay to run super-stock... I'm not sure... I might have to buy a new harness.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Jason Keene
12-26-2003, 09:42 PM
i'm in the same boat... could use a little help here too.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I cut my harness back when i re-routed it for the race bodywork...
"I think" it's okay if i re-connect the ends.
I still have all that I trimmed back. If i re-connect it and make it operable i should be okay to run super-stock... I'm not sure... I might have to buy a new harness.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Bryan Norton
12-29-2003, 02:53 PM
I will leave this to Walter Walker our Race Director to make the call. I would post this on the Questons to the BoD page for more visibility by the powers that be...

The intent was that superstock be as close to real stock as possible. There really isn't an advantage to cutting off the connectors, but then again why cut them off in the first place?

I would hate to see people have to go purchase new harnesses. I think Walter could look at a bike on a case by case basis, but the decisions are 100% his to make.

Bryan Norton
12-29-2003, 02:53 PM
I will leave this to Walter Walker our Race Director to make the call. I would post this on the Questons to the BoD page for more visibility by the powers that be...

The intent was that superstock be as close to real stock as possible. There really isn't an advantage to cutting off the connectors, but then again why cut them off in the first place?

I would hate to see people have to go purchase new harnesses. I think Walter could look at a bike on a case by case basis, but the decisions are 100% his to make.

TRCMarah
12-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Thanks Bryan,

Will Do.

TRCMarah
12-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Thanks Bryan,

Will Do.