PDA

View Full Version : "winterizing"

waytooslow
12-29-2003, 02:47 PM
I know... winterize in Teaxs?? is he crazy?

Thing is,I will not be able to ride for a few months, (getting the wrist fixed... yet again) and I worried about fuel system, anyone ever use "stabil" or equal?? Pros cons etc.

I'll be able to start them occasionally, but the fuel will not be "turn over" anytime soon.

Thanks all
Scott

waytooslow
12-29-2003, 02:47 PM
I know... winterize in Teaxs?? is he crazy?

Thing is,I will not be able to ride for a few months, (getting the wrist fixed... yet again) and I worried about fuel system, anyone ever use "stabil" or equal?? Pros cons etc.

I'll be able to start them occasionally, but the fuel will not be "turn over" anytime soon.

Thanks all
Scott

Jason Keene
12-29-2003, 07:27 PM
I'm lucky... I have a safe place to ride my bike and i can actually get in some 135 to 140 mph runs for tuning...Even in the winter.... that said, I've used stabil and not had any real problems with it. What i make sure to do is keep a full tank. half tank or less let's condensation accumulate and that has led to rust for me.... Down season for us is not long... It takes a while for gas to go to "turpentine" so to speak.. more damage to battery than anything else... maybe some one else has more to offer...
that's all i have...

Jason Keene
12-29-2003, 07:27 PM
I'm lucky... I have a safe place to ride my bike and i can actually get in some 135 to 140 mph runs for tuning...Even in the winter.... that said, I've used stabil and not had any real problems with it. What i make sure to do is keep a full tank. half tank or less let's condensation accumulate and that has led to rust for me.... Down season for us is not long... It takes a while for gas to go to "turpentine" so to speak.. more damage to battery than anything else... maybe some one else has more to offer...
that's all i have...