PDA

View Full Version : Honda 600RR help

twg
01-12-2004, 06:14 AM
I need a bit of help setting up a CBR 600RR. Any of you guys care to share what you use for gearing at the CMRA tracks? Do any of you use frame savers, they mount fairly low and I was wondering if they might cause clearance problems?

Thanks,

twg

twg
01-12-2004, 06:14 AM
I need a bit of help setting up a CBR 600RR. Any of you guys care to share what you use for gearing at the CMRA tracks? Do any of you use frame savers, they mount fairly low and I was wondering if they might cause clearance problems?

Thanks,

twg

marcus mcbain
01-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Tom,

Gearing will depend on rider ability. At TWS start with 1 tooth off the C/S sprocket and fine tune from there with rear sprockets.

Good Luck,
Marcus

marcus mcbain
01-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Tom,

Gearing will depend on rider ability. At TWS start with 1 tooth off the C/S sprocket and fine tune from there with rear sprockets.

Good Luck,
Marcus

SMILEYMAN
01-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Marcus has good advice Tom, I have heard that from one tooth off the front sprocket is a good baseline. TWS will obviously be higher and usually more than you can adjust from the rear sprocket though unless you you 2 different length chains.
Tell you what I have a well set up 95' Yamaha I will let you ride absolutely free, while I dial that 600RR in for the first, say, 5 weekends! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Smiley

SMILEYMAN
01-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Marcus has good advice Tom, I have heard that from one tooth off the front sprocket is a good baseline. TWS will obviously be higher and usually more than you can adjust from the rear sprocket though unless you you 2 different length chains.
Tell you what I have a well set up 95' Yamaha I will let you ride absolutely free, while I dial that 600RR in for the first, say, 5 weekends! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Smiley

macdsc
01-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Tom, does this mean you will be at OHR this weekend???? The R6 is almost operational again.

macdsc
01-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Tom, does this mean you will be at OHR this weekend???? The R6 is almost operational again.

mnellis
01-16-2004, 11:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Tom Gathright:
I need a bit of help setting up a CBR 600RR. twg </div></div>Uh-Oh, Did Tom get a new improved race bike? Does this mean his fellow formula racers need to be afraid....very afraid? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

mnellis
01-16-2004, 11:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Tom Gathright:
I need a bit of help setting up a CBR 600RR. twg </div></div>Uh-Oh, Did Tom get a new improved race bike? Does this mean his fellow formula racers need to be afraid....very afraid? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Barron Houston
01-17-2004, 08:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Mike Nellis:
I need a bit of help setting up a CBR 600RR. twg </div></div>Uh-Oh, Did Tom get a new improved race bike? Does this mean his fellow formula racers need to be afraid....very afraid? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>The man went and bought "THE BIKE FROM HELL". The Formula 40 class just needs to run and hide.

Barron Houston
01-17-2004, 08:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Mike Nellis:
I need a bit of help setting up a CBR 600RR. twg </div></div>Uh-Oh, Did Tom get a new improved race bike? Does this mean his fellow formula racers need to be afraid....very afraid? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>The man went and bought "THE BIKE FROM HELL". The Formula 40 class just needs to run and hide.