PDA

View Full Version : Anyone building a YERBI?

01-16-2004, 06:08 PM
anyone building a "yerbi"
if so, what has your experience been?
my patience is wearing thin ...

01-16-2004, 06:08 PM
anyone building a "yerbi"
if so, what has your experience been?
my patience is wearing thin ...

Don Wagnon
01-17-2004, 08:44 AM
John,

What are you running this year?

Don Wagnon
01-17-2004, 08:44 AM
John,

What are you running this year?

01-17-2004, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Don Wagnon:
John,

What are you running this year? </div></div>i'm trying to put a derbi 50 motor in a ysr chassis using tcr's kit but...

billy confirmed last night that the engine offset is not correct. so i will have to modify the mounts and grind the frame.
also the shifter they provide is worthless, imo.

01-17-2004, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Don Wagnon:
John,

What are you running this year? </div></div>i'm trying to put a derbi 50 motor in a ysr chassis using tcr's kit but...

billy confirmed last night that the engine offset is not correct. so i will have to modify the mounts and grind the frame.
also the shifter they provide is worthless, imo.

Don Wagnon
01-17-2004, 10:08 AM
I know Tracy Kyle Harris is working on putting a derbi 50 in a ysr, but it was for the street I believe. Might contact him and see if he has had any luck.
Just go on and get a metrakit and forget about all the engineering. I talked to the distributor in Miami and you can have one for $3800 and approx. $120 shipping to Texas.

Don Wagnon
01-17-2004, 10:08 AM
I know Tracy Kyle Harris is working on putting a derbi 50 in a ysr, but it was for the street I believe. Might contact him and see if he has had any luck.
Just go on and get a metrakit and forget about all the engineering. I talked to the distributor in Miami and you can have one for $3800 and approx. $120 shipping to Texas.

01-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Just go on and get a metrakit and forget about all the engineering. I talked to the distributor in Miami and you can have one for $3800 and approx. $120 shipping to Texas. </div></div>i thought about the metrakit, but what would you do about spares? other than the engine, a yerbi uses ysr parts.

tracy / if you read this:
did the washer thing on the front mounts make sense? neither billy nor i, could make sense of it.
how did your sprocket alignment turn out?
what did you do about the shifter?

01-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Just go on and get a metrakit and forget about all the engineering. I talked to the distributor in Miami and you can have one for $3800 and approx. $120 shipping to Texas. </div></div>i thought about the metrakit, but what would you do about spares? other than the engine, a yerbi uses ysr parts.

tracy / if you read this:
did the washer thing on the front mounts make sense? neither billy nor i, could make sense of it.
how did your sprocket alignment turn out?
what did you do about the shifter?

d_alexand
01-19-2004, 11:42 AM
The Calamari website makes it sound like you just install the new motor mounts and it's done :rolleyes: ... guess not.

Those Derbi motors are capable of making some wicked hp with the right parts (a little more than the Aprilias), so if you get it setup right it'll be hard to beat on the kart tracks. You can build the motor up to the MetraKit GP bike specs if you wanted to spend $$$$ on the MK Pro Race cylinder kit & pipe, close ratio gear box, clutch basket with the straight cut gear, and all of the little stuff that's available. If you wanted something that's fast but reliable then just have your normal tuner port the stock cylinder and it'll be competitive + last all season without touching it. If you want "world domination" /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif then buy all of the MK Pro Race parts for the Derbi motor and you'll see results similar to when the MetraKit GP team showed up at Katy. Just bolt up the MK parts, jet it and your done... but it'll need to be rebuilt every 250-300 miles.

AF1 Racing (http://www.AF1Racing.com) has some experience with the MK Pro Race parts, so they can probably help you get parts if you want to deal with someone in TX, rather then Calamari.

D.

d_alexand
01-19-2004, 11:42 AM
The Calamari website makes it sound like you just install the new motor mounts and it's done :rolleyes: ... guess not.

Those Derbi motors are capable of making some wicked hp with the right parts (a little more than the Aprilias), so if you get it setup right it'll be hard to beat on the kart tracks. You can build the motor up to the MetraKit GP bike specs if you wanted to spend $$$$ on the MK Pro Race cylinder kit & pipe, close ratio gear box, clutch basket with the straight cut gear, and all of the little stuff that's available. If you wanted something that's fast but reliable then just have your normal tuner port the stock cylinder and it'll be competitive + last all season without touching it. If you want "world domination" /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif then buy all of the MK Pro Race parts for the Derbi motor and you'll see results similar to when the MetraKit GP team showed up at Katy. Just bolt up the MK parts, jet it and your done... but it'll need to be rebuilt every 250-300 miles.

AF1 Racing (http://www.AF1Racing.com) has some experience with the MK Pro Race parts, so they can probably help you get parts if you want to deal with someone in TX, rather then Calamari.

D.