PDA

View Full Version : belly pan - motard

ReyndoggRSV
02-19-2004, 10:15 AM
gotta have it i'm sure..

I'm trying to think of a way to make one that will allow me to use a center-lift stand for the bike when it's in the pits. Anyone have any ideas, plans, suggestion, pics (would really help!), or just wanna say "get bent" ? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Thanks in advance /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ReyndoggRSV
02-19-2004, 10:15 AM
gotta have it i'm sure..

I'm trying to think of a way to make one that will allow me to use a center-lift stand for the bike when it's in the pits. Anyone have any ideas, plans, suggestion, pics (would really help!), or just wanna say "get bent" ? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Thanks in advance /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

DavidPrice538
02-19-2004, 04:29 PM
I just wanna say it - get bent, James. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I can't think of a way to go straight up on the stand without making the belly pan more like a skid plate. Just using some quick-release pins - particularly the safety-pin like clips instead of R-clips - would make a regualr pan easy to get on and off and might help tech cringe less when they see the fiberglassed turkey baster...

DavidPrice538
02-19-2004, 04:29 PM
I just wanna say it - get bent, James. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I can't think of a way to go straight up on the stand without making the belly pan more like a skid plate. Just using some quick-release pins - particularly the safety-pin like clips instead of R-clips - would make a regualr pan easy to get on and off and might help tech cringe less when they see the fiberglassed turkey baster...

ReyndoggRSV
02-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Thanks Dave /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

We came up with a solution...

...another child cries, in the ghetto....

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

ReyndoggRSV
02-20-2004, 11:16 AM

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

waytooslow
02-20-2004, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by JamesReynolds:

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>Share with the rest of us... please

waytooslow
02-20-2004, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by JamesReynolds:

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>Share with the rest of us... please

ReyndoggRSV
02-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Scot, I sent you a PM.

ReyndoggRSV
02-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Scot, I sent you a PM.

Derek Heaton
03-02-2004, 07:20 PM
If you want to send me a picture, I'll let you know if it's too ghetto before you get out to TWS.

Derek Heaton
03-02-2004, 07:20 PM
If you want to send me a picture, I'll let you know if it's too ghetto before you get out to TWS.

jonlampert
03-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Do the two strokes even need a belly pan? I saw some pics from the Oak Hill race of a two-stroke running without a belly pan.

Assuming I do need a belly pan (I have a two-stroke), what's wrong with making the belly pan just like a skid plate? That is what I may end up doing. I'll either modify the skidplate I have on the bike now (weld some sides on it so it will be able to retain the fluids) or make a new one. A center stand will be no issue with the type of belly pan. Heck, you could probably get away with just covering up the hole on the bottom of the skidplate (silicone some sort of plate on it) and then using silicone to seal the skidplate up with the frame. I have a two-stroke, though, so I only have to worry about the less than 1 quart of oil that's in the trans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by David Price:

I can't think of a way to go straight up on the stand without making the belly pan more like a skid plate... </div></div>

jonlampert
03-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Do the two strokes even need a belly pan? I saw some pics from the Oak Hill race of a two-stroke running without a belly pan.

Assuming I do need a belly pan (I have a two-stroke), what's wrong with making the belly pan just like a skid plate? That is what I may end up doing. I'll either modify the skidplate I have on the bike now (weld some sides on it so it will be able to retain the fluids) or make a new one. A center stand will be no issue with the type of belly pan. Heck, you could probably get away with just covering up the hole on the bottom of the skidplate (silicone some sort of plate on it) and then using silicone to seal the skidplate up with the frame. I have a two-stroke, though, so I only have to worry about the less than 1 quart of oil that's in the trans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by David Price:

I can't think of a way to go straight up on the stand without making the belly pan more like a skid plate... </div></div>