PDA

View Full Version : My SRAD did cartwheels....

Jason Keene
06-06-2004, 10:16 PM
High-sided in Feb. Ran it today for the first time. Was running strong, then it sputtered.

Then came the smoke screen.

Drained the oil to find 4 parts gasoline to 1 part oil. Restarted it and it ran smooth.

I'll flush the system with oil and a new filter tomorrow. Then I'll put some time on it.

Hoping that, once I go through the carbs and make sure they aren't hanging up, the little motor that could... still can.

No metal in gas-oil mixture. :rolleyes:

Anyone have an opinion or experience with this?

I was told the bike did 3 cartwheels before it came to a stop.

Jason Keene
06-06-2004, 10:16 PM
High-sided in Feb. Ran it today for the first time. Was running strong, then it sputtered.

Then came the smoke screen.

Drained the oil to find 4 parts gasoline to 1 part oil. Restarted it and it ran smooth.

I'll flush the system with oil and a new filter tomorrow. Then I'll put some time on it.

Hoping that, once I go through the carbs and make sure they aren't hanging up, the little motor that could... still can.

No metal in gas-oil mixture. :rolleyes:

Anyone have an opinion or experience with this?

I was told the bike did 3 cartwheels before it came to a stop.

06-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Always, Always, Always, if you like your motorcycle, and it's been upside down, or on its side for any length of time, pull the plugs out before you crank it over the first time. You can get enough oil drained into the airbox to acctually hydro-lock your motor. Even if you don't immediatly damage the rods, you can weaken them to the point they come apart a few hundred miles later. Triumph's tripples had a particular problem with this, but I've seen it happen to GSXRs as well. This can happen anytime the motor is at an attitude it's not designed to function at. I've seen the same thing happen to a bike after a very long wheelie.

06-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Always, Always, Always, if you like your motorcycle, and it's been upside down, or on its side for any length of time, pull the plugs out before you crank it over the first time. You can get enough oil drained into the airbox to acctually hydro-lock your motor. Even if you don't immediatly damage the rods, you can weaken them to the point they come apart a few hundred miles later. Triumph's tripples had a particular problem with this, but I've seen it happen to GSXRs as well. This can happen anytime the motor is at an attitude it's not designed to function at. I've seen the same thing happen to a bike after a very long wheelie.