PDA

View Full Version : Motards at Oakhill

Scotty
02-24-2003, 01:43 AM
How many people showed up for the Motard class?

Scotty
02-24-2003, 01:43 AM
How many people showed up for the Motard class?

ysr612
02-24-2003, 07:51 AM
I think is was about 4 but what it lacked in quanity it made up for in quality. How would have thought Brooks was that fast?? I think he spent have the race in front of Eric Fault. Of course we know that Eric mostly ends up in front when it counts.

that was the super motards lots of minis and a few notards.

ysr612
02-24-2003, 07:51 AM
I think is was about 4 but what it lacked in quanity it made up for in quality. How would have thought Brooks was that fast?? I think he spent have the race in front of Eric Fault. Of course we know that Eric mostly ends up in front when it counts.

that was the super motards lots of minis and a few notards.

Brooks Gremmels
02-24-2003, 11:33 AM
Ther were six bikes in the Super Motard class: Eric Falt- Suz DRZ 400
David LaRue-A cool Honda but I don't know the
model
Steve Haesemeyer-Yam SR 500
Rollin Rising-Yam RD 350
Wiley Clark-RD 350
Brooks G-Yam YZ426F
In the Motard class there was only a single entry and that was Ed Burke on a Honda XR 400.
Having seven bikes turn out for the first race of a new class is good. Several people commented to me that the Super Motard race was the most fun to watch but I have a secret. Those bikes are the most fun to Ride in the world. When Eddie Burke came in he was grinning from ear-to-ear and couldn't quit talking about it.
At the dealer show last week in Indy, Motards were the rage. This is a low buck chance to race that will be the next big thingn this sport. I sure hope we can keep seeing more new entries on the grid every weekend.
Don't forget that there is a $10,000 incentive to get out there. That is the biggest purse offered in the CMRA this season and there will be just a few members qualified for the drawing at the Awards banquet. Most everyone has a dirt bike in the garage. Dust it off, shoe it with street tires and come get you some.
Finally, yesterday at noon, six children, ages 8 to 12 years old lined up for a mock race. They were riding little dirt bikes ranging from a PW 50 to a Yam TT 90, with an XR 50 in the mix. They had a two lap "race" and they were fantastic. They were followed to make sure there was a problem while we monitored the performance of the bikes. Everyone decided that it is a GO to introduce the new 8-12 year old age class to the CMRA. The basic rules are that any bike without a clutch, up to 90cc's will be allowed. If it turns out that there is a bike that exceeds the performance level of the typical bike in this category, we'll make a decision as to its eligibility. The required dress is full motocross gear, knee and elbow pads and a full face helmet. Motorcycle roadracing has been crying for an entry-level opportunity for ther kids and we have found one. If any of the adults in the club have a small dirt bike that they can provide to a child who doesn't have access to one, it would be deeply appreciated. If you have a child who might like to try it, let us know. They'll thank you for the rest of their lives.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
02-24-2003, 11:33 AM
Ther were six bikes in the Super Motard class: Eric Falt- Suz DRZ 400
David LaRue-A cool Honda but I don't know the
model
Steve Haesemeyer-Yam SR 500
Rollin Rising-Yam RD 350
Wiley Clark-RD 350
Brooks G-Yam YZ426F
In the Motard class there was only a single entry and that was Ed Burke on a Honda XR 400.
Having seven bikes turn out for the first race of a new class is good. Several people commented to me that the Super Motard race was the most fun to watch but I have a secret. Those bikes are the most fun to Ride in the world. When Eddie Burke came in he was grinning from ear-to-ear and couldn't quit talking about it.
At the dealer show last week in Indy, Motards were the rage. This is a low buck chance to race that will be the next big thingn this sport. I sure hope we can keep seeing more new entries on the grid every weekend.
Don't forget that there is a $10,000 incentive to get out there. That is the biggest purse offered in the CMRA this season and there will be just a few members qualified for the drawing at the Awards banquet. Most everyone has a dirt bike in the garage. Dust it off, shoe it with street tires and come get you some.
Finally, yesterday at noon, six children, ages 8 to 12 years old lined up for a mock race. They were riding little dirt bikes ranging from a PW 50 to a Yam TT 90, with an XR 50 in the mix. They had a two lap "race" and they were fantastic. They were followed to make sure there was a problem while we monitored the performance of the bikes. Everyone decided that it is a GO to introduce the new 8-12 year old age class to the CMRA. The basic rules are that any bike without a clutch, up to 90cc's will be allowed. If it turns out that there is a bike that exceeds the performance level of the typical bike in this category, we'll make a decision as to its eligibility. The required dress is full motocross gear, knee and elbow pads and a full face helmet. Motorcycle roadracing has been crying for an entry-level opportunity for ther kids and we have found one. If any of the adults in the club have a small dirt bike that they can provide to a child who doesn't have access to one, it would be deeply appreciated. If you have a child who might like to try it, let us know. They'll thank you for the rest of their lives.
Brooks

Jesse Davis
02-24-2003, 11:47 AM
since when is an sr500 a motard? or an RD?

there was ONE bike in the motard class, and only 2 real motards in the super motard class....shame shame.

JD

Jesse Davis
02-24-2003, 11:47 AM
since when is an sr500 a motard? or an RD?

there was ONE bike in the motard class, and only 2 real motards in the super motard class....shame shame.

JD

Bryan Norton
02-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Brooks, the Rds were in the Vintage class.

There were 3 entries in Super Motard, and the racing was great!

Eric Falt's upside down rear fender as belly pan was ingenious.

One thing for other racers to consider, with the $20 discount off entry fees, Motard is an excellent value.

If you already enter 2 races or more, the Motard or Vintage class entry would only cost $10 net. This includes practice as well.

Some bikes and where they can run:
XR100, TTR125 - Middleweight Mini, Heavyweight Mini, and Motard
Think about it-You got a racing buddy with a XR/TTR? You can both go out and duke it out in the Motard class!

Speaking with Brooks, we will allow knobbies in the new TTR90 class(actually we also decided to allow Z50 and PW50 in this class as well. But, only children aged 8-12 allowed. For more info, please talk to Brooks or Norm), in Mini, and in Motard.

Super Motard will still require DOT tires.

Also dont forget - Supersingles is a great place to run the big bore 4 stroke motards. It is a 4 stroke only class, and must be single cylinder.

If anyone has a question on why we did not allow CR500 in the Motard classes, just look at Randy White's results...

Bryan Norton
02-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Brooks, the Rds were in the Vintage class.

There were 3 entries in Super Motard, and the racing was great!

Eric Falt's upside down rear fender as belly pan was ingenious.

One thing for other racers to consider, with the $20 discount off entry fees, Motard is an excellent value.

If you already enter 2 races or more, the Motard or Vintage class entry would only cost $10 net. This includes practice as well.

Some bikes and where they can run:
XR100, TTR125 - Middleweight Mini, Heavyweight Mini, and Motard
Think about it-You got a racing buddy with a XR/TTR? You can both go out and duke it out in the Motard class!

Speaking with Brooks, we will allow knobbies in the new TTR90 class(actually we also decided to allow Z50 and PW50 in this class as well. But, only children aged 8-12 allowed. For more info, please talk to Brooks or Norm), in Mini, and in Motard.

Super Motard will still require DOT tires.

Also dont forget - Supersingles is a great place to run the big bore 4 stroke motards. It is a 4 stroke only class, and must be single cylinder.

If anyone has a question on why we did not allow CR500 in the Motard classes, just look at Randy White's results...

Eric Falt
02-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Hey guys! The new fun factor quotient has just been raised in the road racing arena. V Twins especially, Light Weight V Twins have always been a big thrill for many riders. Now try racing a super light weight very agile and powerful single thumper with a group of guys who love to play and let the games begin! I want to thank Brooks Gremmels for one of the most fun races of my life! Brooks and I proved that there is no such thing as “old age”. Thanks to everyone who was involved in instituting this new class. No kidding guys, I rode my stock DRZ400 Suzuki and my only expense was putting road rubber on the rims. This fun should not be shared by old farts alone; even you youngsters can have lots of thrills on your dirt bike. As many of you witnessed, us old farts go fast! Are you up to the challenge? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Eric Falt
02-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Hey guys! The new fun factor quotient has just been raised in the road racing arena. V Twins especially, Light Weight V Twins have always been a big thrill for many riders. Now try racing a super light weight very agile and powerful single thumper with a group of guys who love to play and let the games begin! I want to thank Brooks Gremmels for one of the most fun races of my life! Brooks and I proved that there is no such thing as “old age”. Thanks to everyone who was involved in instituting this new class. No kidding guys, I rode my stock DRZ400 Suzuki and my only expense was putting road rubber on the rims. This fun should not be shared by old farts alone; even you youngsters can have lots of thrills on your dirt bike. As many of you witnessed, us old farts go fast! Are you up to the challenge? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Chris Rankin
02-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Brooks- I was hoping you could give me some advice on set up for my YZ426. Specifically, what gearing would you recommend for TWS, with a 17 in. rear wheel and slicks, and are you running a 520 chain and sprockets? Also, is the stock disc brake up to the task, or is it hopeless? My motor is bone stock, if it is relevant in terms of gearing selection. Also, can you get by without a steering dampner, or is this a foul ball. Thanks.

Chris Rankin
02-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Brooks- I was hoping you could give me some advice on set up for my YZ426. Specifically, what gearing would you recommend for TWS, with a 17 in. rear wheel and slicks, and are you running a 520 chain and sprockets? Also, is the stock disc brake up to the task, or is it hopeless? My motor is bone stock, if it is relevant in terms of gearing selection. Also, can you get by without a steering dampner, or is this a foul ball. Thanks.

Jack Giesecke
02-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Hmm, I've got a running 1967 CT90, but it's kinda big for an eight year old, LOL!

This class is my future. I've got to get over the XR financially, first. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Jack Giesecke
02-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Hmm, I've got a running 1967 CT90, but it's kinda big for an eight year old, LOL!

This class is my future. I've got to get over the XR financially, first. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Scotty
02-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Im ready to rumble /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif go figure my wheels came a day late to make Oakhill.Brooks has a decision been mad about running the short course at TWS.I personaly dont want to run the long one on a Motard.

Scotty
02-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Im ready to rumble /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif go figure my wheels came a day late to make Oakhill.Brooks has a decision been mad about running the short course at TWS.I personaly dont want to run the long one on a Motard.

ysr612
02-24-2003, 09:09 PM
soon everyone will be riding like this http://home.swbell.net/gow/P2235701.jpg

ysr612
02-24-2003, 09:09 PM
soon everyone will be riding like this http://home.swbell.net/gow/P2235701.jpg

tracykyleharris
02-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Is that a shot of the already famous "Fender Pan".

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

tracykyleharris
02-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Is that a shot of the already famous "Fender Pan".

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ysr612
02-24-2003, 09:22 PM
asked him to show it to me.

ysr612
02-24-2003, 09:22 PM
asked him to show it to me.

Linz Leard
02-24-2003, 09:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Bryan Norton:
If anyone has a question on why we did not allow CR500 in the Motard classes, just look at Randy White's results...</div></div>Yeah Bryan, you knew this was coming: I question it - still. Except for the fact that Randy's CR is a bit more of a roadracer than it is motard (e.g. it's got clip-ons and a fairing, for instance), a pure open class two-stroke motard belongs in the open motard class. Why "NASCAR" the class and performance index the the *possible* better performers? We're still talking bikes that will be lucky to do 110 mph, you know. Indeed Randy can ride his CR500 quite well, but a motard is a motard is a motard. Provided, of course, that it is a motard. Get it? For example, let's say that Warren Steele (a British ACU Super Moto champion), or Don Canet (the West Coast Motard revialist and hero), or even Scott Russell (the former AMA and world champion and rumored KTM Super Moto rider for 2003) showed up to race at Oak Hill. My assumption is that any one of these riders could smoke 3/4 of the field in any race they chose to enter on thier bikes, four-stroker or not. Would you ban them because they had a talent edge? Why not make it simple and say that any dirt bike is elligible for the motard class as long as it fits the displacement limits and the formula requirements? Randy's bike, by virtue of its clip-ons and fairing, would not be a motard eligible machine because it steps outside the boundaries of the motard formula. Try it this way and see what comes out of the woodwork. Maybe nothing, but maybe something. Either way, I can't see how it would be a negative. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Linz Leard
02-24-2003, 09:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Bryan Norton:
If anyone has a question on why we did not allow CR500 in the Motard classes, just look at Randy White's results...</div></div>Yeah Bryan, you knew this was coming: I question it - still. Except for the fact that Randy's CR is a bit more of a roadracer than it is motard (e.g. it's got clip-ons and a fairing, for instance), a pure open class two-stroke motard belongs in the open motard class. Why "NASCAR" the class and performance index the the *possible* better performers? We're still talking bikes that will be lucky to do 110 mph, you know. Indeed Randy can ride his CR500 quite well, but a motard is a motard is a motard. Provided, of course, that it is a motard. Get it? For example, let's say that Warren Steele (a British ACU Super Moto champion), or Don Canet (the West Coast Motard revialist and hero), or even Scott Russell (the former AMA and world champion and rumored KTM Super Moto rider for 2003) showed up to race at Oak Hill. My assumption is that any one of these riders could smoke 3/4 of the field in any race they chose to enter on thier bikes, four-stroker or not. Would you ban them because they had a talent edge? Why not make it simple and say that any dirt bike is elligible for the motard class as long as it fits the displacement limits and the formula requirements? Randy's bike, by virtue of its clip-ons and fairing, would not be a motard eligible machine because it steps outside the boundaries of the motard formula. Try it this way and see what comes out of the woodwork. Maybe nothing, but maybe something. Either way, I can't see how it would be a negative. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Jesse Davis
02-24-2003, 09:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Chris Rankin:
Brooks- I was hoping you could give me some advice on set up for my YZ426. Specifically, what gearing would you recommend for TWS, with a 17 in. rear wheel and slicks, and are you running a 520 chain and sprockets? Also, is the stock disc brake up to the task, or is it hopeless? My motor is bone stock, if it is relevant in terms of gearing selection. Also, can you get by without a steering dampner, or is this a foul ball. Thanks.</div></div>i hate you chris rankin.

Jesse Davis
02-24-2003, 09:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Chris Rankin:
Brooks- I was hoping you could give me some advice on set up for my YZ426. Specifically, what gearing would you recommend for TWS, with a 17 in. rear wheel and slicks, and are you running a 520 chain and sprockets? Also, is the stock disc brake up to the task, or is it hopeless? My motor is bone stock, if it is relevant in terms of gearing selection. Also, can you get by without a steering dampner, or is this a foul ball. Thanks.</div></div>i hate you chris rankin.

Nate Weber
02-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Eric,
What kinda tires did you put on your bike. My bike has a 21" front rim and 18" rear. Is this the same size as the DRZ400's rims. Who did you buy them from and apx how much did they cost. What other mods did you do to your bikes suspension if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

Nate Weber
02-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Eric,
What kinda tires did you put on your bike. My bike has a 21" front rim and 18" rear. Is this the same size as the DRZ400's rims. Who did you buy them from and apx how much did they cost. What other mods did you do to your bikes suspension if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

Brooks Gremmels
02-25-2003, 09:16 AM
Chris, my 426 is bone stock including the pipe and jetting. I have my note at the shop and I'll let you know about the gearing when I can (the rear at TWS is the same size as the hub!). I sure hope that you will come out and join us.
The problems with running the long straight at TWS is being considered. Everything from passing on the rounds at TWS, to creating a chicane, to seeing if we can get an agreement between the riders not to advance once they've gotten onto the banking, is on the table. Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Lindsey, I'm usually with you but not on this one. How did you come up with the comparison of indexing talent? Why have limits on any class? Why have a seperate class for 250cc four strokes instead of having them compete against the 450's. Why relagate every 450 production four stroke to competing against unlimited displacement bikes, two or four strokes? Eric, me, Chris Rankin and anyone else with one of those bikes can keep their bikes on the tralier rather than wear them out chasing a bike with that kind of advantage. That is why there are class rules. If we can attract other bikes in the larger displacement categories, it would be a pleasure to open a class for them. Going back to the subject of talent, the idea is to make the machinery competitive on a relative basis so that the talent of the rider is the deciding factor.
These are my opinions anyway.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
02-25-2003, 09:16 AM
Chris, my 426 is bone stock including the pipe and jetting. I have my note at the shop and I'll let you know about the gearing when I can (the rear at TWS is the same size as the hub!). I sure hope that you will come out and join us.
The problems with running the long straight at TWS is being considered. Everything from passing on the rounds at TWS, to creating a chicane, to seeing if we can get an agreement between the riders not to advance once they've gotten onto the banking, is on the table. Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Lindsey, I'm usually with you but not on this one. How did you come up with the comparison of indexing talent? Why have limits on any class? Why have a seperate class for 250cc four strokes instead of having them compete against the 450's. Why relagate every 450 production four stroke to competing against unlimited displacement bikes, two or four strokes? Eric, me, Chris Rankin and anyone else with one of those bikes can keep their bikes on the tralier rather than wear them out chasing a bike with that kind of advantage. That is why there are class rules. If we can attract other bikes in the larger displacement categories, it would be a pleasure to open a class for them. Going back to the subject of talent, the idea is to make the machinery competitive on a relative basis so that the talent of the rider is the deciding factor.
Brooks

ysr612
02-25-2003, 09:58 AM
I think L˛ was making somewhat of a joke

ysr612
02-25-2003, 09:58 AM
I think L˛ was making somewhat of a joke

Eddie Burk
02-25-2003, 10:08 AM
Brooks, surely there is a way to get it done without cancelling. If you need someone to help make a haybale chicane on the front straight, I can be there pretty early on Sat.

Eddie Burk
02-25-2003, 10:08 AM
Brooks, surely there is a way to get it done without cancelling. If you need someone to help make a haybale chicane on the front straight, I can be there pretty early on Sat.

G Man
02-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Fishy and I will be joing the fray as soon as we get our wheels.( You can count on it!) One queston though, Are any of the motard races going to have a dirt section? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

G Man
02-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Fishy and I will be joing the fray as soon as we get our wheels.( You can count on it!) One queston though, Are any of the motard races going to have a dirt section? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

G Man
02-25-2003, 10:51 AM
I may have asked this before but, Are dirtrack tires legal?

G Man
02-25-2003, 10:51 AM
I may have asked this before but, Are dirtrack tires legal?

ysr612
02-25-2003, 10:57 AM
I was told they were

ysr612
02-25-2003, 10:57 AM
I was told they were

Chris Rankin
02-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Brooks, thanks for the advice. I don't have the right to voice an opinion because I don't race the class yet, but here is my two cents worth anyways. At TWS I don't think having a no-pass agreement on the banking is the way to go, simply because it would be to frustrating to sit behind someone while the pack leaves you, and because the drive down the banking has such a big effect on turn one, which is where a good lap time is made. I just don't don't think it would do anything to help the spirit of open competition. Also, enforcement would be hard and hard feelings might come out as people argue about where the banking begins and ends etc... A chicane would be possible, but stick to cones or manufactured plastic low profile curbing. Hay bales are just a bad idea as they can turn single bike crashes into pile ups. Anyone remember the speedvision footage of Polen catching a 60 pounder in the chest after Kipp fell in the chicane? Definitely a hard to solve problem. A chicane atleast would be a way to slow stuff down with no variables, and consistently lap after lap. Probably better for the spirit of competition too. I hope the decision to not run at TWS is not the final answer. Thanks again for the gearing tips, let me know when you have an exact number. Also, what about the front brake? Will stock make it?

Chris Rankin
02-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Brooks, thanks for the advice. I don't have the right to voice an opinion because I don't race the class yet, but here is my two cents worth anyways. At TWS I don't think having a no-pass agreement on the banking is the way to go, simply because it would be to frustrating to sit behind someone while the pack leaves you, and because the drive down the banking has such a big effect on turn one, which is where a good lap time is made. I just don't don't think it would do anything to help the spirit of open competition. Also, enforcement would be hard and hard feelings might come out as people argue about where the banking begins and ends etc... A chicane would be possible, but stick to cones or manufactured plastic low profile curbing. Hay bales are just a bad idea as they can turn single bike crashes into pile ups. Anyone remember the speedvision footage of Polen catching a 60 pounder in the chest after Kipp fell in the chicane? Definitely a hard to solve problem. A chicane atleast would be a way to slow stuff down with no variables, and consistently lap after lap. Probably better for the spirit of competition too. I hope the decision to not run at TWS is not the final answer. Thanks again for the gearing tips, let me know when you have an exact number. Also, what about the front brake? Will stock make it?

JesseJohnson
02-25-2003, 11:53 AM
How about several rows of cones? Make it tight and twisty, right in front of the crowd.

Jess

JesseJohnson
02-25-2003, 11:53 AM
How about several rows of cones? Make it tight and twisty, right in front of the crowd.

Jess

Brooks Gremmels
02-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Chris, thanks for the input. I agree with you about holding positions being too frustrating. If we create a chicane, it will have to accommodate a busy race-day schedule in terms of getting it set-up and taken down.
Sounds like this is the way to go if we can make the details work.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
02-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Chris, thanks for the input. I agree with you about holding positions being too frustrating. If we create a chicane, it will have to accommodate a busy race-day schedule in terms of getting it set-up and taken down.
Sounds like this is the way to go if we can make the details work.
Brooks

Eddie Burk
02-25-2003, 12:32 PM
Yeah Jess /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eddie Burk
02-25-2003, 12:32 PM
Yeah Jess /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jesse Davis
02-25-2003, 12:37 PM
how bout a chicane down hot pit?

Jesse Davis
02-25-2003, 12:37 PM
how bout a chicane down hot pit?

Bryan Norton
02-25-2003, 12:44 PM
Regular motard will allow knobbies, Super Motard requires at least DOT tires, I know they make some pretty good dual purpose stuff out there.

Linz-
I'll argue the CR500 all day.
For big bore two strokes, Lightweight Supersport is a great class for them.
There is also a perfectly good class for big bore FOUR strokes, which is SuperSingles.

I have raced against more than just one CR500 (three to be exact). They will outrun a YZ426/DRZ400 etc all day long.

Now- You show me some more riders who WILL show up on CR500s, and we will break out another class for 'super-duper motards' or whatever.
Same thing on the minis- Middleweight is a great class for XR100/TTR125. It looks like it won't be long before we run a mini-motard class.

Bryan Norton
02-25-2003, 12:44 PM
Regular motard will allow knobbies, Super Motard requires at least DOT tires, I know they make some pretty good dual purpose stuff out there.

Linz-
I'll argue the CR500 all day.
For big bore two strokes, Lightweight Supersport is a great class for them.
There is also a perfectly good class for big bore FOUR strokes, which is SuperSingles.

I have raced against more than just one CR500 (three to be exact). They will outrun a YZ426/DRZ400 etc all day long.

Now- You show me some more riders who WILL show up on CR500s, and we will break out another class for 'super-duper motards' or whatever.
Same thing on the minis- Middleweight is a great class for XR100/TTR125. It looks like it won't be long before we run a mini-motard class.

Linz Leard
02-25-2003, 04:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Brooks Gremmels:
Brooks</div></div>Brooks: we don't always see eye to eye. Remember the PBJ sandwich? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Glen is right in that my comments were sort of tongue in cheek. Anyone that knows me knows that I am not talent bashing the CMRA. The CMRA has produced some of the best racers in the world, and continues to have a very high water mark when it comes to current racers. I am a proud advocate of the quality of racers the CMRA has produced and continues to produce. My point here was basically to say that sometimes the bike a rider is on is of little consequence. Case in point, you could put me on a CR500 based motard race bike, and make any one of those guys I previously mentioned race me on a well equipped Honda XR100 and I would have a hard time staying in front of them, and even if I did, I am sure those guys would be far more spectacular to watch - until I crashed, that is. Then I might be worth watching for a moment.

But that's only part of it. First, realize that I am not really ranting or venting here, I am merely trying to understand the logic behind the rules. If I show up on pretty much stock CR500 motard, having only 17" wheels, and big brakes, but retaining all the dirt bike stuff, like real Renthal handlebars and factory front number plate, stocker up-pipe and etc, then I would prefer to race other open class motards, not LW Sportsman or LW GP bikes that are truly better suited to a race track - especially a fast track. Debatably, a CRF-450, YZF450 (or any open 4-stroke) is probably a better track bike at Oak Hill, MSR or Hallet than a CR500 because of the less explosive and more tractable power; an open two-stroke can be a handful - and not because of sheer power output (where a Yamaha YZF450 makes pretty close to 50 horsepower box-stock compared to a CR500 that makes middle 50s, maybe 60 with a pipe and some mods here and there), but because of the power delivery. I simply believe that if you combine a true motarded CR500 (or KX500 or whatever) with true motard open 4-strokes, you won't see a huge performance advantage until you get to a track that allows the power of the CR to shine, and most of the tracks were on are just as suited (IMHO) to 4-strokes. Put the open class two-stroke on the back of the grid, or wave start it or something. This is just a suggestion.

However, let's remember that there's only been one CR show up at the track and it's a formidable bike with a formidable rider. Put high bars on it and remove the fairing and I doubt you'd see much difference in Randy's performance, but if the CMRA were to hold a real motard event - one that went off-road as well as on, I am pretty sure Randy - and you as well, Brooks, would want to lose the clip-ons and fairings!

I guess you can call me a purist. I am looking for a real motard class - run what ya brung, you know - as long as it looks like a dirt bike and fits the dirtbike formula. That said I fully support the idea that if enough open class two-strokes showed up, maybe they could have their own class. But I guess I'm not holding my breath for that. So maybe I'd better off motarding that Yamaha YZ250. After all, it is blue! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Real motard! http://www.2wf.com/images/2dubXR/425.jpg

Linz Leard
02-25-2003, 04:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Brooks Gremmels:
Brooks</div></div>Brooks: we don't always see eye to eye. Remember the PBJ sandwich? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Glen is right in that my comments were sort of tongue in cheek. Anyone that knows me knows that I am not talent bashing the CMRA. The CMRA has produced some of the best racers in the world, and continues to have a very high water mark when it comes to current racers. I am a proud advocate of the quality of racers the CMRA has produced and continues to produce. My point here was basically to say that sometimes the bike a rider is on is of little consequence. Case in point, you could put me on a CR500 based motard race bike, and make any one of those guys I previously mentioned race me on a well equipped Honda XR100 and I would have a hard time staying in front of them, and even if I did, I am sure those guys would be far more spectacular to watch - until I crashed, that is. Then I might be worth watching for a moment.

But that's only part of it. First, realize that I am not really ranting or venting here, I am merely trying to understand the logic behind the rules. If I show up on pretty much stock CR500 motard, having only 17" wheels, and big brakes, but retaining all the dirt bike stuff, like real Renthal handlebars and factory front number plate, stocker up-pipe and etc, then I would prefer to race other open class motards, not LW Sportsman or LW GP bikes that are truly better suited to a race track - especially a fast track. Debatably, a CRF-450, YZF450 (or any open 4-stroke) is probably a better track bike at Oak Hill, MSR or Hallet than a CR500 because of the less explosive and more tractable power; an open two-stroke can be a handful - and not because of sheer power output (where a Yamaha YZF450 makes pretty close to 50 horsepower box-stock compared to a CR500 that makes middle 50s, maybe 60 with a pipe and some mods here and there), but because of the power delivery. I simply believe that if you combine a true motarded CR500 (or KX500 or whatever) with true motard open 4-strokes, you won't see a huge performance advantage until you get to a track that allows the power of the CR to shine, and most of the tracks were on are just as suited (IMHO) to 4-strokes. Put the open class two-stroke on the back of the grid, or wave start it or something. This is just a suggestion.

However, let's remember that there's only been one CR show up at the track and it's a formidable bike with a formidable rider. Put high bars on it and remove the fairing and I doubt you'd see much difference in Randy's performance, but if the CMRA were to hold a real motard event - one that went off-road as well as on, I am pretty sure Randy - and you as well, Brooks, would want to lose the clip-ons and fairings!

I guess you can call me a purist. I am looking for a real motard class - run what ya brung, you know - as long as it looks like a dirt bike and fits the dirtbike formula. That said I fully support the idea that if enough open class two-strokes showed up, maybe they could have their own class. But I guess I'm not holding my breath for that. So maybe I'd better off motarding that Yamaha YZ250. After all, it is blue! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Real motard! http://www.2wf.com/images/2dubXR/425.jpg

Eddie Burk
02-25-2003, 04:29 PM
So how does a "run what you brung" make it a "real" motard class?

Eddie Burk
02-25-2003, 04:29 PM
So how does a "run what you brung" make it a "real" motard class?

Bryan Norton
02-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Linz- it's a simple matter of numbers.
There does not appear to be many riders out there willing to roadrace CR500s.

I agree that I like a run-what-ya-brung class. However, minor modifications are ok.
Note-we do not allow fairings of any kind in Motard classes.

(In fact I talked to a gentleman who is aspiring to ride his dual purpose up to the track, tape the headlights, and go racing...)

Bryan Norton
02-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Linz- it's a simple matter of numbers.
There does not appear to be many riders out there willing to roadrace CR500s.

I agree that I like a run-what-ya-brung class. However, minor modifications are ok.
Note-we do not allow fairings of any kind in Motard classes.

(In fact I talked to a gentleman who is aspiring to ride his dual purpose up to the track, tape the headlights, and go racing...)

Linz Leard
02-25-2003, 04:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eddie Burk #271:
So how does a "run what you brung" make it a "real" motard class?</div></div>I guess I don't undertand your question, Eddie. How does "run what ya brung as long as it looks like a dirt bike and fits the dirtbike formula" make it anything but a real motard class? Displacement limits apply, of course, but if you want to ride up a class, feel free to do so.

Linz Leard
02-25-2003, 04:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eddie Burk #271:
So how does a "run what you brung" make it a "real" motard class?</div></div>I guess I don't undertand your question, Eddie. How does "run what ya brung as long as it looks like a dirt bike and fits the dirtbike formula" make it anything but a real motard class? Displacement limits apply, of course, but if you want to ride up a class, feel free to do so.

Jeff the jet Lee
02-25-2003, 05:07 PM
That is a GREAT picture of Falt, maybe I need to look into that fender thing!!

Jeff the jet Lee
02-25-2003, 05:07 PM
That is a GREAT picture of Falt, maybe I need to look into that fender thing!!

Barry Nichols
02-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Motard is ran with ultra light weight sportsman and Super Motard is ran with classic. We cannot build chicane for the motard guys without making the classes they are running with use is also. In addition, if you look at the flat track guys who run similar bikes, they hold the throttle wide open for 10-12 laps in one gear. If their bikes hold together why should our break down the front straight at TWS?

Barry Nichols
02-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Motard is ran with ultra light weight sportsman and Super Motard is ran with classic. We cannot build chicane for the motard guys without making the classes they are running with use is also. In addition, if you look at the flat track guys who run similar bikes, they hold the throttle wide open for 10-12 laps in one gear. If their bikes hold together why should our break down the front straight at TWS?

ysr612
02-25-2003, 06:58 PM
I ran the 20min times with LSTD on my drz with no problem that I could tell. top speed is about 101 first time and 97 this latest one. stock bike stock gearing stock oem tires.

ps my wheelies were wimpy maybe 2 inches not like That Fault guy.

ysr612
02-25-2003, 06:58 PM
I ran the 20min times with LSTD on my drz with no problem that I could tell. top speed is about 101 first time and 97 this latest one. stock bike stock gearing stock oem tires.

ps my wheelies were wimpy maybe 2 inches not like That Fault guy.

Eddie Burk
02-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Super Motard does not run with Classic. It was run with Vintage

Eddie Burk
02-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Super Motard does not run with Classic. It was run with Vintage

Eddie Burk
02-25-2003, 09:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Linz Leard:
So how does a "run what you brung" make it a "real" motard class?</div></div>I guess I don't undertand your question, Eddie. How does "run what ya brung as long as it looks like a dirt bike and fits the dirtbike formula" make it anything but a real motard class? Displacement limits apply, of course, but if you want to ride up a class, feel free to do so.</div></div>Sorry, but it was your statement, /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I was asking you to explain what you meant.
Within your own post, you answer your own question, which is pretty talented, if I may say so /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
You said "Displacement limits apply"
The BOD has already said "Linz, bring your super duper motard out and we will have a super duper motard class for you and your buds"
That being said, why is it that you want to run a 60hp, 225# machine in with machines that weigh considerably more and are about 10-20% down on hp?

Eddie Burk
02-25-2003, 09:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Linz Leard:
So how does a "run what you brung" make it a "real" motard class?</div></div>I guess I don't undertand your question, Eddie. How does "run what ya brung as long as it looks like a dirt bike and fits the dirtbike formula" make it anything but a real motard class? Displacement limits apply, of course, but if you want to ride up a class, feel free to do so.</div></div>Sorry, but it was your statement, /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I was asking you to explain what you meant.
Within your own post, you answer your own question, which is pretty talented, if I may say so /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
You said "Displacement limits apply"
The BOD has already said "Linz, bring your super duper motard out and we will have a super duper motard class for you and your buds"
That being said, why is it that you want to run a 60hp, 225# machine in with machines that weigh considerably more and are about 10-20% down on hp?

Brooks Gremmels
02-26-2003, 09:44 AM
The flat tracking production framed bikes are seldom if ever running stock engines.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
02-26-2003, 09:44 AM
The flat tracking production framed bikes are seldom if ever running stock engines.
Brooks

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 10:07 AM
Rotax /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 10:07 AM
Rotax /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Brooks Gremmels
02-26-2003, 10:10 AM
Production framed?
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
02-26-2003, 10:10 AM
Production framed?
Brooks

Scotty
02-26-2003, 10:14 AM
Would it be possiable to run a make up round at oakhill on saturday if the TWS rounds were not run?I think TWS would be kind of boring on a motard .Plus we wouldnt be taking away from the other class that runs with the Motards.

Scotty
02-26-2003, 10:14 AM
Would it be possiable to run a make up round at oakhill on saturday if the TWS rounds were not run?I think TWS would be kind of boring on a motard .Plus we wouldnt be taking away from the other class that runs with the Motards.

02-26-2003, 10:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Scott Fisher #22:
Would it be possiable to run a make up round at oakhill on saturday if the TWS rounds were not run?I think TWS would be kind of boring on a motard .Plus we wouldnt be taking away from the other class that runs with the Motards.</div></div>i like this idea.
of course, this will cause all sorts of whining and haven't we already had enough whining because the bod wanted to introduce a new and exciting class?

02-26-2003, 10:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Scott Fisher #22:
Would it be possiable to run a make up round at oakhill on saturday if the TWS rounds were not run?I think TWS would be kind of boring on a motard .Plus we wouldnt be taking away from the other class that runs with the Motards.</div></div>i like this idea.
of course, this will cause all sorts of whining and haven't we already had enough whining because the bod wanted to introduce a new and exciting class?

Scotty
02-26-2003, 10:22 AM
If it doesnt take away from any of the other classes nobody should be crying around.Plus Oakhill is alot better suited for Motards.

Scotty
02-26-2003, 10:22 AM
If it doesnt take away from any of the other classes nobody should be crying around.Plus Oakhill is alot better suited for Motards.

02-26-2003, 10:35 AM
If it doesnt take away from any of the other classes nobody should be crying around.Plus Oakhill is alot better suited for Motards.</div></div>you are preaching to the choir here.

TESTIFY BROTHER FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-26-2003, 10:35 AM
If it doesnt take away from any of the other classes nobody should be crying around.Plus Oakhill is alot better suited for Motards.</div></div>you are preaching to the choir here.

TESTIFY BROTHER FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allan Stevens
02-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Only stipulation to making up a Motard round at Oak Hill is to require Fisher to wear a cape while on the track.

Allan Stevens
02-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Only stipulation to making up a Motard round at Oak Hill is to require Fisher to wear a cape while on the track.

Scotty
02-26-2003, 12:02 PM
I got a brand new one /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Its going be TCB at oakhill! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Scotty
02-26-2003, 12:02 PM
I got a brand new one /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Its going be TCB at oakhill! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 01:21 PM
So how would the procedure go for making up the round? I would rather run OHR than TWS on my poor little single for sure. But since we are already running Oak Hill, how would it be a makeup?

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 01:21 PM
So how would the procedure go for making up the round? I would rather run OHR than TWS on my poor little single for sure. But since we are already running Oak Hill, how would it be a makeup?

02-26-2003, 01:38 PM
the suggestion was for the rounds that would have been at tws be run on a saturday at oakhill instead.

02-26-2003, 01:38 PM
the suggestion was for the rounds that would have been at tws be run on a saturday at oakhill instead.

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Whoo Hoo, then run again on Sun! That gets my vote.

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Whoo Hoo, then run again on Sun! That gets my vote.

Scotty
02-26-2003, 02:33 PM
So should we do a poll? Brooks what do you think? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Scotty
02-26-2003, 02:33 PM
So should we do a poll? Brooks what do you think? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

02-26-2003, 02:53 PM
POLL!!!
POLL!!!
POLL!!!
POLL!!!

02-26-2003, 02:53 PM
POLL!!!
POLL!!!
POLL!!!
POLL!!!

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Little Mr Black. YOU need to bring your little project out if we do this. Your gonna love it.

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Little Mr Black. YOU need to bring your little project out if we do this. Your gonna love it.

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 03:02 PM
Fish, arrival time is 10 days to my door.

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 03:02 PM
Fish, arrival time is 10 days to my door.

02-26-2003, 03:25 PM
Little Mr Black. YOU need to bring your little project out if we do this. Your gonna love it.</div></div>i am marking the days off the calendar till may.

until then i will just have to live vicariously through this bbs.

02-26-2003, 03:25 PM
Little Mr Black. YOU need to bring your little project out if we do this. Your gonna love it.</div></div>i am marking the days off the calendar till may.

until then i will just have to live vicariously through this bbs.

Steve McNamara
02-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Question??

What are most of you guys running for a lower? I saw Eric's cool idea.
Wire only fluids?

How do you handle the kick starter?

Eddie,
Is your bike ready? I hear you have a secret weapon being assembled?

Steve McNamara
02-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Question??

What are most of you guys running for a lower? I saw Eric's cool idea.
Wire only fluids?

How do you handle the kick starter?

Eddie,
Is your bike ready? I hear you have a secret weapon being assembled?

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 04:10 PM
Man, I wish it was a secret:) Nuttin but an old ragged out XR400 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But I like it.
As for the fluid retention, A friend of mine had a MB Motorsports diaper that he sold me CHEAP! But Eric had a really cool setup made from a front fender.
Don't you have a dirt bike /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 04:10 PM
Man, I wish it was a secret:) Nuttin but an old ragged out XR400 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But I like it.
As for the fluid retention, A friend of mine had a MB Motorsports diaper that he sold me CHEAP! But Eric had a really cool setup made from a front fender.
Don't you have a dirt bike /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Steve McNamara
02-26-2003, 04:20 PM
YEP,
2002 XR400R.

I talked to Todd a few hours ago. I'm seriously thinking of motarding my bike. It looks fun. I need to be slow in more than 3 classes. :-)
I'm just looking at the cost's. What kind of tires are you going to run?

Steve McNamara
02-26-2003, 04:20 PM
YEP,
2002 XR400R.

I talked to Todd a few hours ago. I'm seriously thinking of motarding my bike. It looks fun. I need to be slow in more than 3 classes. :-)
I'm just looking at the cost's. What kind of tires are you going to run?

waytooslow
02-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Dang.. wish I could run the 230F... but think it would way too slow.

SM

waytooslow
02-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Dang.. wish I could run the 230F... but think it would way too slow.

SM

RisingR
02-26-2003, 04:43 PM
I think Eric was running Metzler street tires, and not fancy race compound, on the stock 21 and 18 inch rims. I think he did pretty well against Brooks on the 426 with slicks, too.

RisingR
02-26-2003, 04:43 PM
I think Eric was running Metzler street tires, and not fancy race compound, on the stock 21 and 18 inch rims. I think he did pretty well against Brooks on the 426 with slicks, too.

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 04:57 PM
Steve, have you got a phone number I can call?

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 04:57 PM
Steve, have you got a phone number I can call?

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Scott, there are some guys running them in some of the lightweight classes aroung the country and do pretty well. you would be in the same class as me I think, 'cause your water cooled. But I think you would have a blast.

There are a variety of tires, Eric brought my tires with him and they were the same as he was running. Metzlers,but Michelin makes Siracs that look pretty good, Avon makes Distanzas, lots and lots of choices from almost every tire manufacturer. And if your gonna run 17,s talk to moto-connection about the racer deals on the new line of Maxxis tires.

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Scott, there are some guys running them in some of the lightweight classes aroung the country and do pretty well. you would be in the same class as me I think, 'cause your water cooled. But I think you would have a blast.

There are a variety of tires, Eric brought my tires with him and they were the same as he was running. Metzlers,but Michelin makes Siracs that look pretty good, Avon makes Distanzas, lots and lots of choices from almost every tire manufacturer. And if your gonna run 17,s talk to moto-connection about the racer deals on the new line of Maxxis tires.

ysr612
02-26-2003, 05:16 PM
I am planing on riding a nx250 with trail wings next race.

ysr612
02-26-2003, 05:16 PM
I am planing on riding a nx250 with trail wings next race.

Steve McNamara
02-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Eddie call me at 713-253-2966

Steve McNamara
02-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Eddie call me at 713-253-2966

Scotty
02-26-2003, 05:50 PM
If you guys need Motard parts give me a call 580-767-1331 10-6 m-f I can hook you up /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Scotty
02-26-2003, 05:50 PM
If you guys need Motard parts give me a call 580-767-1331 10-6 m-f I can hook you up /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

waytooslow
02-26-2003, 06:03 PM

There are a variety of tires, Eric brought my tires with him and they were the same as he was running. Metzlers,but Michelin makes Siracs that look pretty good, Avon makes Distanzas, lots and lots of choices from almost every tire manufacturer. And if your gonna run 17,s talk to moto-connection about the racer deals on the new line of Maxxis tires.</div></div>Actually it is air cooled. so I don't think it would be quick, but hey maybe fun none the less.

Looked at Eric F's setup, wonder in the ME33 would fit on the CRF230F. Since uncorking it an rejetting, it sure has come alive, but I am sure it maxs out way before anytghing else in the class. Just would hate getting meatballed for not keeping up /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Scott

waytooslow
02-26-2003, 06:03 PM

There are a variety of tires, Eric brought my tires with him and they were the same as he was running. Metzlers,but Michelin makes Siracs that look pretty good, Avon makes Distanzas, lots and lots of choices from almost every tire manufacturer. And if your gonna run 17,s talk to moto-connection about the racer deals on the new line of Maxxis tires.</div></div>Actually it is air cooled. so I don't think it would be quick, but hey maybe fun none the less.

Looked at Eric F's setup, wonder in the ME33 would fit on the CRF230F. Since uncorking it an rejetting, it sure has come alive, but I am sure it maxs out way before anytghing else in the class. Just would hate getting meatballed for not keeping up /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Scott

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 08:10 PM
What are the rim sizes for your CRF?

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 08:10 PM
What are the rim sizes for your CRF?

waytooslow
02-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Eddie,

CRF230F rim sizes are
21 x 1.60 - Front
18 x 1.85 - Rear

Manual says 80/100-21 Front - 100/100 - 18 rear
not a lot of room for a rear but such is life, it is after all a "play" bike. Not exactly a screamer. But I like it also have added BBR springs, help stiffen it up. any suggestions will be appreciated.

Scott

waytooslow
02-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Eddie,

CRF230F rim sizes are
21 x 1.60 - Front
18 x 1.85 - Rear

not a lot of room for a rear but such is life, it is after all a "play" bike. Not exactly a screamer. But I like it also have added BBR springs, help stiffen it up. any suggestions will be appreciated.

Scott

CYCLE 1
02-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Watching the motards and racing them is definetely a hoot,however until we have more show up many of the ideas or comments are kinda mute. I hope more show up it wil be definetely be a great show.

CYCLE 1
02-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Watching the motards and racing them is definetely a hoot,however until we have more show up many of the ideas or comments are kinda mute. I hope more show up it wil be definetely be a great show.

Eddie Burk
02-27-2003, 07:24 AM
I'm sorry we disappointed you Scott. We will try harder to impress you next race /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eddie Burk
02-27-2003, 07:24 AM
I'm sorry we disappointed you Scott. We will try harder to impress you next race /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eddie Burk
02-27-2003, 07:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Scott Millspaugh:
Eddie,

CRF230F rim sizes are
21 x 1.60 - Front
18 x 1.85 - Rear

Scott</div></div>Same size rims as my XR /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just talk to Brooks and Eric Fault, you can find out everything you will need to know about the tire situation. Every motorcycle tire manufacturer makes a set of tires that will work. After that all you need to do is safety wire and put a belly pan of some type on. Come on man, bring it out.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eddie Burk
02-27-2003, 07:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Scott Millspaugh:
Eddie,

CRF230F rim sizes are
21 x 1.60 - Front
18 x 1.85 - Rear

Scott</div></div>Same size rims as my XR /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just talk to Brooks and Eric Fault, you can find out everything you will need to know about the tire situation. Every motorcycle tire manufacturer makes a set of tires that will work. After that all you need to do is safety wire and put a belly pan of some type on. Come on man, bring it out.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

CYCLE 1
02-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Eddie,I dont understand your reply. Please read my post again.

CYCLE 1
02-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Eddie,I dont understand your reply. Please read my post again.

Eddie Burk
02-27-2003, 08:09 AM
Read it the first time, no need to rehash it:) I think any thoughts or ideas expressed are worthwhile, meanwhile, you don't. I certainly do not think they are "mute" as you put. I like talking about this stuff:)
Plus, a bunch of what we have and are discussing, ie. scheduling, is going to make a differance in how our race days and weekends go.

Eddie Burk
02-27-2003, 08:09 AM
Read it the first time, no need to rehash it:) I think any thoughts or ideas expressed are worthwhile, meanwhile, you don't. I certainly do not think they are "mute" as you put. I like talking about this stuff:)
Plus, a bunch of what we have and are discussing, ie. scheduling, is going to make a differance in how our race days and weekends go.

Brooks Gremmels
02-27-2003, 09:54 AM
For a couple of classes that had about three bikes between them this motard thread is sure stirring up some interest. Whether you jump into it or not, I promise you that these bikes are going to be the biggest news in the motorcycle racing industry.
The refrain that I hear over and over is that roadracing is getting too expensive. There are a dozen people missing from last season's grids who have told me they had to take a financial pit stop. Get a dirt bike, slap some non-knobbies on it and get on the track. A set of tires can last half a season and the bikes are almost bullit-proof when they crash.
I had more fun racing Eric on Sunday, than I have ever had on a motorcycle.
With a $9,000 to $10,000 give-a-way motard coming up at the end of the season, how can you not afford to enter this class?
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
02-27-2003, 09:54 AM
For a couple of classes that had about three bikes between them this motard thread is sure stirring up some interest. Whether you jump into it or not, I promise you that these bikes are going to be the biggest news in the motorcycle racing industry.
The refrain that I hear over and over is that roadracing is getting too expensive. There are a dozen people missing from last season's grids who have told me they had to take a financial pit stop. Get a dirt bike, slap some non-knobbies on it and get on the track. A set of tires can last half a season and the bikes are almost bullit-proof when they crash.
I had more fun racing Eric on Sunday, than I have ever had on a motorcycle.
With a $9,000 to $10,000 give-a-way motard coming up at the end of the season, how can you not afford to enter this class?
Brooks

waytooslow
02-27-2003, 10:25 AM
Same size rims as my XR /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just talk to Brooks and Eric Fault, you can find out everything you will need to know about the tire situation. Every motorcycle tire manufacturer makes a set of tires that will work. After that all you need to do is safety wire and put a belly pan of some type on. Come on man, bring it out.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>I plan on it, wonder if the LSTD guys would mind if I made a few laps during the 14th on it. It doen't quite meet the 250 rule!!

Brooks, I need tires!! Will call you soon. Now I just need to safety wire some stuff up with the bum wrist, it will be interesting. Wow more seat time. Yippie!!

Scott

waytooslow
02-27-2003, 10:25 AM
Same size rims as my XR /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just talk to Brooks and Eric Fault, you can find out everything you will need to know about the tire situation. Every motorcycle tire manufacturer makes a set of tires that will work. After that all you need to do is safety wire and put a belly pan of some type on. Come on man, bring it out.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>I plan on it, wonder if the LSTD guys would mind if I made a few laps during the 14th on it. It doen't quite meet the 250 rule!!

Brooks, I need tires!! Will call you soon. Now I just need to safety wire some stuff up with the bum wrist, it will be interesting. Wow more seat time. Yippie!!

Scott

Eric Falt
02-27-2003, 11:25 AM
Hey Nate, I used Metzelers front and rear, a 90/90 x 21 lazer and a me22 perfect rear. The front stuck real well, but the back was a little squirmy . It seems they retail for about $129 a piece . I sold Ed Burk a set and it seems he really liked them. (any shop can get those for you). Any way, come on and join the fun!!!! Eric Falt.

Eric Falt
02-27-2003, 11:25 AM
Hey Nate, I used Metzelers front and rear, a 90/90 x 21 lazer and a me22 perfect rear. The front stuck real well, but the back was a little squirmy . It seems they retail for about $129 a piece . I sold Ed Burk a set and it seems he really liked them. (any shop can get those for you). Any way, come on and join the fun!!!! Eric Falt.

Steve McNamara
02-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Scott,
No problem on the 230. I'll let you take a C group session........

Steve McNamara
02-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Scott,
No problem on the 230. I'll let you take a C group session........

Eric Falt
02-27-2003, 11:30 AM
Oh by the way, I have a BRAND NEW DRZ-125L mini super motard or super fun dirt bike for sale!!! I won this bike at the winter RIP series and I'm selling it for $2000! These bikes normally sell for $3000 OTD. This is a bargain for anyone looking for a really fun play bike !!!! Call me at work 972-686-8000 during the day. Eric

Eric Falt
02-27-2003, 11:30 AM
Oh by the way, I have a BRAND NEW DRZ-125L mini super motard or super fun dirt bike for sale!!! I won this bike at the winter RIP series and I'm selling it for $2000! These bikes normally sell for $3000 OTD. This is a bargain for anyone looking for a really fun play bike !!!! Call me at work 972-686-8000 during the day. Eric

waytooslow
02-27-2003, 11:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Steve McNamara:
Scott,
No problem on the 230. I'll let you take a C group session........</div></div>That is why I like you all sooo much..

Thanks LSTD

Scott

waytooslow
02-27-2003, 11:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Steve McNamara:
Scott,
No problem on the 230. I'll let you take a C group session........</div></div>That is why I like you all sooo much..

Thanks LSTD

Scott

BLAIR LIVELY 96
02-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Can you run a 2 stroke 250, such as a kx or a cr in the super motard class? If so, I might have to buy some spare wheels to mount up.

BLAIR LIVELY 96
02-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Can you run a 2 stroke 250, such as a kx or a cr in the super motard class? If so, I might have to buy some spare wheels to mount up.

Scotty
02-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Better get some wheels dude /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif The more the merrier!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Scotty
02-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Better get some wheels dude /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif The more the merrier!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Nate Weber
02-27-2003, 06:14 PM
Thanks Eric,
I'm ironing out some tranny issues. Once that's done I'll be out there for sure, giving it my best shot! I'm not sure if I'll be able to get things finished by TWS, but it should be ready for OHR for sure!

Nate

Nate Weber
02-27-2003, 06:14 PM
Thanks Eric,
I'm ironing out some tranny issues. Once that's done I'll be out there for sure, giving it my best shot! I'm not sure if I'll be able to get things finished by TWS, but it should be ready for OHR for sure!

Nate

BLAIR LIVELY 96
03-06-2003, 02:14 PM
hey fishy, got the hook up on some wheels?

BLAIR LIVELY 96
03-06-2003, 02:14 PM
hey fishy, got the hook up on some wheels?

Scotty
03-06-2003, 06:07 PM
You know I do give me a call .Shop 580-767-1331 cell 580-761-6273.

Scotty
03-06-2003, 06:07 PM
You know I do give me a call .Shop 580-767-1331 cell 580-761-6273.