Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rider Mentors Needed

New Rider Mentors Needed

CMRA has a new program that will offer the trackday rider who may be thinking they want to race, but not quit sure, a one time only invitation to race 1 weekend at a discounted rate. The full details will be listed soon... What we need is a list of experienced CMRA members to help the new riders thru the weekend. Yes the weekend, not just 20mins at the prov nov meetings. As a mentor you will need to help and guide the new rider thru the entire day. So if you dont have time due to you own program, its understandable, just dont sign up...... most new riders already know a racer and come with them so I'm not sure how often a mentor will be needed..... Mentor duties will include but prob not limited to : 1: communication between you and the rider a week before the event, 2: meet the rider 1st thing on race day, 3: have space in your pit area for him/her. 4: walk then to registration (introduce them and get signed up) 5: walk them thru tech, 6: take them to riders meetings 7: show them grids and how to line up... I dont plan for you to be a coach and teach on track techniques, however any advise you feel comfortable giving is ok... Any questions you can PM me or call me ..I work nights and sleep days so if you dont get me leave a msg..(405) 210-0398 cell...(405) 386-5058

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    I would like to volunteer.

As a newer racer this seems like a great idea. I was fortunate enough to have many experienced people around me to help out. First weekend are very intimidating. Plus this seems like a great way to to build relationships with new racers and the more experienced crowd.

I know my first day will be great enhanced by having someone to show me the ropes!

Already had a question come up... NO this is not a mandatory thing for a new rider to use the mentor program. It is simply designed to be helpful for the guy or gal who knows no one in the cmra and wants a lil guidance.

I like it! I'll do it when I get back.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    PM sent...happy to help where I can.
    Heinz Roy
    Novice #458 | BTO Racing #58 (Mini Endurance)
    Not a complete idiot, some parts are on backorder.
    Thanks to...Lucas Oil Products | Dunlop Tires | BDtrackside.com/Vesrah Brake Pads | SoloMotoParts.com | 212Decals.com | Moto Liberty

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I havent even raced yet but get plenty of help and ridicule from the racers I know. Adding another one to the listen doesn't sound like something I need.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I'd be happy to help, PM sent.