Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BBE seats for sale.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Good luck with that. I endurance raced for years and never did any sort of "buy in" everyone does it differently but instead of saying the team has some type of ownership, you could use the money 500 or so as a floating deductible if someone crashes the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Turner View Post
    I've got 6k in the bike which is 2k more than I should have. My fault. I went ahead a dropped the price to $1000 to buy in which is much more of a fair price. I know I was to high at 1500. If 4 people buy in at $1000 I still have a 2k investment in the bike. End of the year we sell for 3500 theoretically. Everybody gets $700 back including me. I still have to pay my share of tires and entree fees etc. when it's all said and done I still take more of a loss than anybody else and I did all the work getting the bike ready, bringing it to the track etc. I'm trying to make it fair for everyone including me. I'm not gonna supply a team with a bike and then take all the loss when the season is over. You get to take an equal share of the loss.
    So you got into the bike for more than you should have and your solution to recoup the cost is to have others share the cost of your bad decision?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

BBE seats for sale.

I don't understand why this guy is getting so hammered?? Why is buying a portion of the bike to Endurance such a radical idea? Is it just the price he is asking?
    For around $1k, you get partial ownership of a bike that you get to ride/race for several hours in a season. Then, if the team is dismantled or you just want out, you sell your portion for a depreciated amount (estimating the market value of the bike) and maybe "lose" a couple hundred dollars??

I've certainly benefited from the generosity of owners (thank you Rich and Jeff) who didn't require that, but I wouldn't expect it. I simply would have to decide if it was worth it in my racing budget. I've also owned a team for a short bit and required a very small usage fee that didn't even cover all maintenance and depreciation costs.

I've always felt Endurance bike owners are under appreciated. They are expected to provide all the capital, take all the risk, and end up with all the depreciation. Some owners benefit in other ways that makes it worth it to them , i.e. slower rider that wants to be part of a winning team and that's great.

Maybe this is part of why BBE Endurance is dying...everyone just wants to beat on someone else's stuff without contributing...not enough generous owners willing to offer up their ride free of charge...

Again, it's ok if you don't want to buy in (thankfully many owners don't require that), but why would you be so critical of someone trying to have a team that shares the capital cost?

BTW, this is not directed at any one in particular, I just felt the need to come to the defense of Dalton(who I don't know personally)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ryan Max Johnson; 01-22-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    -RMJ96-
    Armour Bodies | Bazzaz | Dunlop | K and J Racing Solutions | Lonestar Trackdays | Motion Pro | Pit Bull | Raceworx | Road & Track | Sidi | Southern Adrenaline | Woodcraft | XT Racing | Zeal

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    If I may add another thought.

For $1,000 over 5 BBE weekends ($200/weekend). I don't have to haul the bike to the track, bring my tools, rent/buy a lap timer, or buy tire warmers. I just show up with my folding chair, snacks, gear, and ride. Then go home after and I do not have to haul the bike home, store it, or do the maintenance. On top of that, if I want to sprint race the bike Sunday and get first dibs from the others, I can do that.

Granted all that stuff I mentioned that I don't have to do is normally stuff I don't mind doing. For a new rider or someone that is really busy with a work schedule, this may be a perfect option. Fly in, race, fly home.

When done, lets say the bike is sold and I only get back $500. Easily worth the base $100/weekend to many. (Yes, I know I still have to pay my share of entry fees, consumables, and general maintenance items as I would with most teams).

If you don't like the offering, then don't buy in. For some, it may be a great solution.

The issue I find is the owner wants to sell the bike twice essentially. Sell it to the members of the team, pocket that money. Sell it after the season, pocket that money as well. That bike is about as deprecated as its going to get already, nothing against the bike but it's modern classic range pretty soon. All fees incurred would be covered by the team, the owner is really out nothing. Some people may buy into it, but I think the fact that he's still looking for riders in a class that is best bang for your buck says all that needs to be said about the acceptance of his terms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Chase, you must have misread my earlier posts, or perhaps i worded it wrong, i sell you a spot on the team and you OWN that spot. PERMANENTLY. Its yours to sell. You own 1/5th of the bike. If you buy in for $1000 and sell for $750 that $750 goes into your pocket, not mine. If you sell for $1500, that $1500 is YOUR MONEY, not my money. Im selling the bike once, to four different people. If we as a team decide to sell the bike at the end of the year and get 3k for it, split up to 5 people, we each get a minimum of $600. You lose $400 at most, after racing a bike for an ENTIRE SEASON, and not having to do a damn thing except show up, pay for entry fees, tires etc, and race. That seems like money well spent to me. If you can find a cheaper way to buy in to big bike racing, please post the link. If you don't like my price, either negotiate or stay off my post.

Now then, I have one buyer who has committed to buy in to the endurance team, if I get 1 more buyer the endurance team is a GO. 3 people is enough. But I will continue to try to fill the other two spots. Meaning, if you want to buy in later in the year, so long as there's a spot open you are welcome to join. The price is $1000 plus equal share of fees and consumables.
    Last edited by Dalton Turner; 01-22-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Turner View Post
    Chase, you must have misread my earlier posts, or perhaps i worded it wrong, i sell you a spot on the team and you OWN that spot. PERMANENTLY. Its yours to sell. You own 1/5th of the bike. If you buy in for $1000 and sell for $750 that $750 goes into your pocket, not mine. If you sell for $1500, that $1500 is YOUR MONEY, not my money. Im selling the bike once, to four different people. If we as a team decide to sell the bike at the end of the year and get 3k for it, split up to 5 people, we each get a minimum of $600. You lose $400 at most, after racing a bike for an ENTIRE SEASON, and not having to do a damn thing except show up, pay for entry fees, tires etc, and race. That seems like money well spent to me. If you can find a cheaper way to buy in to big bike racing, please post the link. If you don't like my price, either negotiate or stay off my post.

Now then, I have one buyer who has committed to buy in to the endurance team, if I get 1 more buyer the endurance team is a GO. 3 people is enough. But I will continue to try to fill the other two spots. Meaning, if you want to buy in later in the year, so long as there's a spot open you are welcome to join. The price is $1000 plus equal share of fees and consumables.
    No, I read and understood it fine. I think it is you that doesn't understand my point. You just said that you would be selling the bike to the team, 4 people is what you're hoping for. Then you said if you sell the bike, the money would be split 5 ways instead of to the 4 people who you already sold the bike to. That's you selling a bike two times. Everyone else will incur a loss while you incur profit.

A better way to do the team? Easy, like 95% of the grid does it. You have one, sometimes two, owners of the bike. Everyone splits all fees including entry/fuel/tires/maintenance. A crash is paid for by crashee.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Eason View Post
    No, I read and understood it fine. I think it is you that doesn't understand my point. You just said that you would be selling the bike to the team, 4 people is what you're hoping for. Then you said if you sell the bike, the money would be split 5 ways instead of to the 4 people who you already sold the bike to. That's you selling a bike two times. Everyone else will incur a loss while you incur profit.

A better way to do the team? Easy, like 95% of the grid does it. You have one, sometimes two, owners of the bike. Everyone splits all fees including entry/fuel/tires/maintenance. A crash is paid for by crashee.

Why do you even care? If Dalton wants to set up a team this way and people want to buy into it, so be it. It's not your bike or team. All you are doing with pointing out your percieved flaws is preventing another team on the grid.

I know Dalton and he is an alright dude.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Snyder View Post
    Why do you even care? If Dalton wants to set up a team this way and people want to buy into it, so be it. It's not your bike or team. All you are doing with pointing out your percieved flaws is preventing another team on the grid.

I know Dalton and he is an alright dude.

Freeeeee country. Anyway, just shedding some light on why he's still looking for riders. I'm sure he appreciates you trying to come to his rescue though, as unneeded as it was.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Eason View Post
    Freeeeee country. Anyway, just shedding some light on why he's still looking for riders. I'm sure he appreciates you trying to come to his rescue though, as unneeded as it was.

Whatever