Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Pirelli Contingency

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis King View Post
    How was that possible?
    3 people show up, I get on the box.

First ULW round was in the rain last year which reduced the number of entries on the year. I actually lead the rain race for a couple of laps.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I'm looking through a few of these classes and there are several where there are never 8 riders grip up so there is no payout possibility. For me, F3 right now has never paid out due to this, even looking at Heavyweight Twins Expert for next year, there is never 8 riders on the grid, so it's offputting to consider entering that race.

I was wondering if Pirelli would consider lowering this to 6...it's kinda like a catch 22...if you increase the possibility of contingency payout, more people would show up...right now, I bet there are some folks out there that would consider racing these classes if there was a carrot in front of them of tire payout...or CMRA needs to do some class reform to get more riders in each race.

The grid numbers are surprisingly low for some of these races...you don't notice it so much on the day, because of combined grids, but you do see if pretty clearly when you look at the individual race results from each weekend.
    Rab McNaught, CMRA #430 and Coach at Sport Rider Coaching
    2017: Sprints: 2010 Yamaha R6 and 2016 Husqvarna FE501 Supermoto Endurance: Yamaha R3 (Sport Rider Coaching)
    Sponsors: Pirelli/SCRC, Vortex, Vesrah/BD Racing, AdventureMoto McKinney, RaceWorx, Sport Rider Coaching, ktmtwins.com, The First Amendment, Specialized Racing Gear

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Oh, and I got the idea of 6 riders, because that is what KTM pay out on in their contingency program. It would be nice if the tires and the manufacturers came to the same requirements for payout.
    Rab McNaught, CMRA #430 and Coach at Sport Rider Coaching
    2017: Sprints: 2010 Yamaha R6 and 2016 Husqvarna FE501 Supermoto Endurance: Yamaha R3 (Sport Rider Coaching)
    Sponsors: Pirelli/SCRC, Vortex, Vesrah/BD Racing, AdventureMoto McKinney, RaceWorx, Sport Rider Coaching, ktmtwins.com, The First Amendment, Specialized Racing Gear