Thread: Question on Friday Practice Schedule going forward

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Question on Friday Practice Schedule going forward

At Houston, the practice schedule was changed from 6 sessions to 5 - 3 morning and 2 afternoon to split up the LWT group into Novice and Expert. I know this was changed at lunchtime because of poor turnout, but what is the plan going forward with this?

I sometimes do only the afternoon practice depending on how easily I can get to the track, so you end up paying $80 for only 2 sessions, and that might not be enough if you have a few things to work on.

I'm guessing some folks were complaining about LWT groups being too crowded with novice and expert - I haven't found that too big a problem, having been in most of those sessions this year.
    Rab McNaught, CMRA #430 and Coach at Sport Rider Coaching
    2018: Sprints: 2017 KTM 690 Duke, 2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke, 2015 Yamaha R3
    Sponsors: Pirelli/SCRC, Vortex, Vesrah/BD Racing, AdventureMoto McKinney, RaceWorx, Sport Rider Coaching, The First Amendment, Specialized Racing Gear, Tetley, Synchronoss, Motul

I had 2 sessions in the afternoon and I missed another one of them for work. I'm pretty sure there were still 3 in the AM and 3 in the PM.

I personally do not like have the LW bikes with the ULW bikes in Novice. Most of the expert LW bikes do a good job passing us slower folks in a reasonable manner. The novice LW bikes not so much.

I like the split.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Yes there was but it wasn’t what was on the plan. The planned schedule was 2 sessions in the afternoon, so my question concerns if this will be the case going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sponsors: Pirelli/SCRC, Vortex, Vesrah/BD Racing, AdventureMoto McKinney, RaceWorx, Sport Rider Coaching, The First Amendment, Specialized Racing Gear, Tetley, Synchronoss, Motul

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab McNaught View Post
    Yes there was but it wasn’t what was on the plan. The planned schedule was 2 sessions in the afternoon, so my question concerns if this will be the case going forward.

Rab, take a closer look at the MSRH Friday schedule. There were 3 afternoon rounds on the schedule.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I see it now. All good.