Thread: 2019 class structure and a few other thoughts

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

2019 class structure and a few other thoughts

Can we get the class structure as well as any significant changes to the rule book out to the club by the last race of the year so we can make plans for the 2019 season? I know there were a few last minute changes to the rules last year after teams and individuals had already spent money, and I'd hate to see that happen again this year.

Can we get details on our sponsors listed on the bottom of the schedule? We only have a handful of sponsors and we don't list what their sponsorship is on the schedule nor do we have a link to their websites/social media pages on our sponsorship tab. These folks have selfishly sacrificed time and money to help our club and we need to promote and thank them properly. That being said, Yamaha Generators has an A+ spot on our website. So what do they do for us and what can we do for them? Is this old? Do we need to find another title sponsor? I honestly don't know because the information isn't available to us "the membership".

What are the plans to pursue more and new sponsors for the future? What we focus on will get done! Any thoughts on designating a person to pursue class sponsors for the 2019 season? No doubt this year has been disappointing for the club and individual members. I think some additional work on securing more class sponsors for the 2019 season will help eliminate some monetary struggles for future seasons. In short, lets plan ahead so we aren't canceling race dates next year.

Lastly, what can we do about trophies? Our members "especially our novice members" have spent a lot of time and money on this sport we all love. What can we do besides a very "small tag" to reward them for their dedication and hard work? I hate the "name tag" plaques. This might just be my opinion but new and existing members deserve something more than a name tag sized plaque to display for their efforts. Paying for your own trophies is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of and I paid a lot for mine in 2017. This is an expensive sport to love and we all deserve something more than a small plaque for what we put into it. Now, I know many of you will say "most people are okay with it" and that might be true, but those same people have been around for a while. Those are also the same members that vote, which isn't many considering the amount of members that vote vs the amount of members we have. Lets "give" our members something back other than a race day. Lets "give" them a trophy or a plaque to hang on the wall. We should give our members a reason to love the club and the sport, not just the sport.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Scott,

We'll try to get any major changes out early but out release date for the entire Rule book will be Jan 1st. It takes a significant amount of time to put together the Rule Book each year. Getting it out before the final round would be impossible. As for last min changes, to my knowledge there were no last min changes made to the 2018 Rule Book.

The sponsor list at the bottom of the schedule does list what classes are sponsored. We'll work on getting the sponsor page on the website updated. Yamaha Generators has supplied the CMRA with about $15,000 worth of equipment to date. Multiple generators and a pressure washer.

I agree 100% that we need to find someone to go after sponsorship. Shandra worked her butt off bringing in sponsorship. She also handled the trophies. She did an amazing job at both but she was a volunteer. Unfortunately her real job needed more attention so she had to shift her focus. These unpaid volunteer jobs are open if you or someone you know are interested.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks for the response Walter,
    I don't think we need the entire rule book out early, just any significant rule or class changes.

That's fantastic that Yamaha does that for us but that kinda proves my point. I've been around for two years and have never heard anyone thank Yamaha for their support nor is there a link to their website on our website. If we do a better job promoting our sponsors, we might get some more.

Your absolutely right. Shandra did a fantastic job with sponsors and support!