Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: NOVICE TO EXPERT PROMOTIONS FOR 2019!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rab McNaught View Post
    Who is “the person”? Did they keep racing after this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me. And I missed the first two rounds because my bike was not ready because I delayed getting the engine rebuilt because there was no way I was gridding up as an expert. I would have been done sprint racing.

Kudos to the club for trying something new. Maybe we find it works better than the way it was done before or maybe we find that it’s worse. Give it a year and see how it goes.

Bike #
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com

Enlighten us, Dennis. What’s so funny?

Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo Contreras View Post
    Enlighten us, Dennis. What’s so funny?
    That somehow Mike D got promoted to Expert, I love the guy but when we were on the same team we were fighting for, not the slowest lap time in the club. Consistently having fun while not crashing doesn't equate to expert material.

I would like to see the top 3 in the classes promoted automatically if their lap times are there. Kind of hard for most to finish in the top of these classes and claim they aren't ready if the lap time is there. I can see how someone places well for the season just by showing up to every round and not crashing, but good season placing plus expert lap times is hard to argue.
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com

Agreed. I always thought the old system was flawed. People were getting bumped to expert way before they were ready just because they raced the entire season. I like this new approach. Sandbaggeres need to be policed and true novices should enjoy their time while honing their race craft. I understand there needs to be a healthy balance of novices being promoted to expert, and this seems to be a good start to finding a happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis King View Post
    That somehow Mike D got promoted to Expert, I love the guy but when we were on the same team we were fighting for, not the slowest lap time in the club. Consistently having fun while not crashing doesn't equate to expert material.

I would like to see the top 3 in the classes promoted automatically if their lap times are there. Kind of hard for most to finish in the top of these classes and claim they aren't ready if the lap time is there. I can see how someone places well for the season just by showing up to every round and not crashing, but good season placing plus expert lap times is hard to argue.
    Yeah, I was the only person who raced every round in my classes and I still came in second for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ergle View Post
    In retrospect, I was glad she promoted me because it got me the hell out of big bike novice practice, which was and probably still is a real eye opener. ULW practice, where N and E are combined, now reminds me of that. IMHO, IF the ULW grids keep growing, for safety reasons the practices are going to HAVE to be separated, and trust me, you'll want to be an Expert at that point!
    The flaw in this logic lies in the fact that if, riders are not ready to bump and they are bumped, they will now be hazards in EX instead of NV. So you self promote to remove yourself from the dangers of these novices only to find yourself grossing up with the same guys/gals as experts.
    Isn’t is sad how some people’s grip on their lives is so precarious that they’ll embrace any preposterous delusion rather than face an occasional bleak truth?
    CMRA Novice #211

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Beats the heck out of being stuck in Novice practice with a bunch of clueless and wayward newbies! Being in Expert with slow riders who know the drill is infinitely better.
    Former Expert #33, member since 1988, BOD 2001-2004, retired 2008, returned 2016.

I used to be fast. Ask me about my championships. Bring beer.