Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: #1 PLATE REFORMAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    The GSXR750 is just the odd man out. If we start making special allowances for it then someone will want special allowances for something else and the whole thing becomes unmanageable. This is the way its going to be.
    I agree with you.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Plus, there like maybe 2 guys in the club that are faster on a 1000 than on a 750. Heck, best I recall, the 600s give the liter bikes hell on basically all the tracks except maybe NOLA and TWS (RIP... ).

Sent using Tapatalk
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Err... Maybe 1.3 guys.

Sent using Tapatalk
    David B.

So has any of this changed now that there’s some different ULW races?
    As far as which races will count towards the #1 for each group.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Grant View Post
    So has any of this changed now that there’s some different ULW races?
    As far as which races will count towards the #1 for each group.
    We have added a couple of classes to the ULW division.

500GP (formally ULWGP)
    500 Superbike
    500 Superstock
    300 Superbike
    300 Superstock
    250 Superbike
    250 Superstock
    Formula 4

I'm putting the finishing touches on the rulebook now and it will be posted after BoD review on Jan 1.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43
    Member since 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    The GSXR750 is just the odd man out. If we start making special allowances for it then someone will want special allowances for something else and the whole thing becomes unmanageable. This is the way its going to be.
    Ha they have their own class. A whole class. lol I agree with you on this one. I never understood how one manufacturer makes a "one off bike" and the motorcycle racing community makes an entire class for it. Never have, never will. I always called the "B" class a "2nd C" class.
    Isn’t is sad how some people’s grip on their lives is so precarious that they’ll embrace any preposterous delusion rather than face an occasional bleak truth?
    CMRA Novice #211

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Millsap View Post
    Ha they have their own class. A whole class. lol I agree with you on this one. I never understood how one manufacturer makes a "one off bike" and the motorcycle racing community makes an entire class for it. Never have, never will. I always called the "B" class a "2nd C" class.
    Perspective and history. Some of us still have a hard time figuring out that the 750 isn't the top superbike class- hardly anywhere close to "one off." The industry went back and forth and back and forth over so many years with displacements because of insurance regulations, manufacturer changes, emissions restrictions... you name it. For many longtimes there were no 600s and no real 1000s, only 750.
    Sure, is the Suzuki the only "race replica" 750 out there right now? Sure, but I read the other day that the death bell rings at 'Zook for the 750... I guess time will tell. Heck the liter bikes made a big comeback some years ago, maybe the 750 will too.
    Perspective and history.
    You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty