Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supermoto in CMRA Practice

I rode the piss out of my 450 this past weekend. Best I could do was crash out of 3rd. I’m buying a ninja 400!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dominguez View Post
    I rode the piss out of my 450 this past weekend. Best I could do was crash out of 3rd. I’m buying a ninja 400!
    I know a team that might have a slot open on one ! ha

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Thomas View Post
    allowing a single, new or old, in the right configuration...it will have a significant advantage on paper. weight, hp, etc...etc... As much as things change, they stay the same. I'm am uncertain how many bikes I have seen try and be "indexed" into a class to then be kicked out. They seems to last the season and win...I can think of one that clearly should have never been allowed while I was accused of whining, etc...etc...for the bike to win a Championship, then be ruled illegal for the class the very next year. Yes, Walter has a tough job deciding what's right and wrong for some of the classes, but sometimes it's ok to say no and sometimes it's a no brainer.
    Derek Thomas Whining? That is crazy talk!I will pray for you right after the National Athem is played.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jordan View Post
    Derek Thomas Whining? That is crazy talk!I will pray for you right after the National Athem is played.
    troublemaker!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    To follow up on this. The Supermotards seemed to be a reasonable fit in the 500 classes at MSRH.

I feel like 450cc singles in Motard trim will be the limit on what we will allow to run with the 500s though.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43
    Member since 1990

Can you clarify which 500 classes the motards can enter? If I have a 1998 motard could I enter 500 classic, 500 ss, 500 sb, and 500gp?

I would think all those classes besides superstock as the wheels are aftermarket I’m assuming?